file Deck: 419 Extortion

12 Mar 2011 06:10 #2377 by Pullen
Deck: 419 Extortion was created by Pullen
Created by: Pullen
Description: This deck is built to make a damned if you do damned if you don't decision about getting the edge. To oust its the normal wall deck idea of Smiling Jack with added pressure from 419 Operation and Extortion. If they want to get rid of the scam's, they have to get the edge and burn it, with Form of Corruption in play this could lead to me stealing some vamps. I see my first few turns being set up by getting Rutors and equipment with defense until I can drop a few 419's and some Extortion's around the same time. Wennie deck I think could be the biggest problem as prey and combat being a problem as predator, just kind of threw this together so I will test it a bit and make some changes. Might be better as a 70 card Ashur Tablet deck, but I will have to test it out a bit.

Crypt [12 vampires, average capacity: 7.08333]
5x Cesewayo AUS CEL DOM POT THA ani 10 Osebo:4 magaji
3x Carna, The Princess Witch AUS DOM THA 7 Tremere:3 primogen
1x Kisha Bhimji AUS cel obf pot 5 Osebo:3 magaji
1x Ismitta aus cel pot 4 Osebo:4
1x Kamaria aus pot 3 Osebo:4
1x Misrak pot 2 Osebo:4

Library [90 cards]
Master [17]
1x Antediluvian Awakening
1x Barrens, The
2x Blood Doll
1x Fragment of the Book of Nod
2x Guardian Angel
1x Rack, The
4x Serpentis
2x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
3x Vessel

Action [24]
7x 419 Operation
4x Form of Corruption
6x Magic of the Smith
3x No Secrets From the Magaji
5x Rutor's Hand

Action Modifier [3]
3x Conditioning

Action Modifier/Reaction [1]
1x Osebo Kholo

Ally [2]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Equipment [8]
1x Blood Shield
1x Book of Going Forth by Night, The
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Kduva's Mask
4x Sniper Rifle

Reaction [28]
6x Eagle's Sight
2x Enhanced Senses
6x Extortion
4x Eyes of Argus
2x My Enemy's Enemy
3x On the Qui Vive
2x Spirit's Touch
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat [6]
6x Wind Dance

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2011 15:06 #2385 by Wedge
Replied by Wedge on topic Re: Deck: 419 Extortion
The biggest problem is no stealth on Form of Corruption and no modifiers.

More
12 Mar 2011 18:05 - 12 Mar 2011 18:10 #2387 by Drain
Replied by Drain on topic Re: Deck: 419 Extortion
Your combat completely fails to convince. Not even the Ivory Bow in the Equip section, why?

Given this list, I predict that most of your actions will fail should your prey realize that it can pretty much block you with impunity. Taking zero and one stealth actions while only bearing sniper rifles, occasional dodges and your fists will produce poor results.

There is also the Pentex Issue that needs some addressing, though that one is both more metagame dependant and also tricky to circumvent in any given way.
I won't lean on the deck's lack of bloat and limited intercept since these are variable mileages. But be advised: this won't survive an S&B Predator.

Despite all this, I really like your deck. The ratios are mostly tight and the concept is cool. It's just that it has a fundamental design flaw that should be corrected.

Drain
Last edit: 12 Mar 2011 18:10 by Drain.

More
12 Mar 2011 18:40 #2388 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Deck: 419 Extortion
I tried the 419s with the help of Allonzo Montoya (Abomination, +1 stealth on Ser-actions and obf) and let the small Osebo make babies (Bamba and Embraces). So you can drop multiple 419s at once and if a Form of Corruption is on the table your prey really has a hard time to get rid of it, as everytime he burns a 419 he has to get the edge anew and so pumps up the FoC (as you already know because that's your concept too). That sounds really pretty in theory but the lack of defense in my deck was too high. Unfortunately I cannot find it anymore. Apparently it was so bad that I did not saved it anywhere :laugh: .

Baron of Frankfurt

More
12 Mar 2011 22:52 #2397 by Juggernaut1981
Why isn't your second vampire Sundervere, or do the groupings not match? I haven't checked that, but with AUS THA & SER he should fit nicely into what you're doing at the moment. Plus he has the bleed, to help you kill a stubborn prey.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
13 Mar 2011 01:20 #2398 by Pullen
Replied by Pullen on topic Re: Deck: 419 Extortion
I don't like Sundervere do to his Red List status for this deck as my combat is weak. If I were to use him it would be a very differnt version. I have thought of using Seterpenre in a more fighty version, and a Cesawayo in a bread and bloat version, but I need to test out 419 in game to see how well I can protect them and to see how well they can but pressure on my prey. I haven't used them my self, but I have seen them be somewhat successful in a few decks.

P.S. How do I get the Discipline symbols to show up on here?

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds