file Bilateral Vasectomy

19 Mar 2011 01:45 - 19 Mar 2011 01:47 #2604 by Adonai
Bilateral Vasectomy was created by Adonai

How do you intend to oust?

Via 5 minions bleeding, sometimes for 2. It is a build-up and over-whelm deck, not one for a quick oust.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?

Gaining lots of pool via Tribute to the Master and Unwholesome Bond.

What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?

Ideally all five will enter play eventually.

What do you want your average turn to look like?

Build up turns will cycle out the actions cards, gaining blood or putting pool on uncontrolled minions.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?

This may be too low on defense and too slow on pool gain currently, will look at ways to work thru that in-game.

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?

Haven't played it yet, just came up with the idea today.

Deck Name : Bilateral Vasectomy
Author : Adonai
Description : The :bbro: Chicago Circle goes into business for themselves.
Target Vitals, twice!
Dagger + Light Intensifying Goggles + Target Vitals, repeat!

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 5 average: 4.66667
3x Jerry 5 SAN cel for pot
3x Terry 5 POT aus dom san
2x Barry 5 ani for pot san vic
2x Larry 5 SAN dem for pot
2x Tom 3 for pot san

Library [90 cards]
Action [14]
2x Coagulated Entity
2x Hive Mind
3x Redistribution
7x Unwholesome Bond

Action Modifier [9]
2x Claiming the Body
5x Forger's Hammer
2x Hay Ride

Combat [26]
2x Clockwerx
2x Coordinate Attacks
5x Octopod
1x Skin of Steel
4x Soak
7x Target Vitals
5x Taste of Vitae

Equipment [12]
8x Dagger
4x Light Intensifying Goggles

Master [16]
1x Hungry Coyote, The
3x Information Highway
5x Perfectionist
5x Tribute to the Master
2x Vast Wealth

Reaction [10]
4x Gestalt
3x Steadfastness
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Retainer [3]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Mr. Winthrop
1x Tasha Morgan
Last edit: 19 Mar 2011 01:47 by Adonai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2011 03:55 #2605 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Bilateral Vasectomy
Looks like a fun deck!

You have a lot of Perfectionists in here. I think you could be running a few more self-untapping actions here to take advantage of that. :)

I'd consider:
- Abbot. One of the best Sabbat toys out there. As listed, if you end up in front of a stealth bleed deck, I'm not sure trying to block would be worthwhile - you'd just be giving them opportunities to cycle into more bleed. With an Abbot in play on top of Mr Winthrop and the Steadfastness, you might have more of a chance. And if you don't end up using it, it didn't cost you much to play it.
- Oppugnant Night. This card is amazing. You can't play too many copies due to the "one per turn" clause, but it's 1-5 rushes if you need them, and a free blood for your Perfectionist if you don't.

In fact, in general I'd say you need a bit more rush. Bruise and bloat are all well and good, but at the end of the day there's no replacement for being able to attack the guy YOU want to attack. You know, like the 5-cap with DOM on the table to your right...

I'm not sure Vast Wealth is worth a master slot. A Potence or Fortitude master might be, though - you don't have a lot of superior disciplines on your guys right now. Or a Kaymakli Nightmares for a sudden burst of pool gain. Or a Heidelberg Castle for an extra way to move gear and bleed retainers around - and get multiple uses out of it.

I also wonder whether Concealed Weapon might not be better than Clockwerx. Moving daggers around is fine, but wouldn't you rather have more of your guys with daggers?

More
19 Mar 2011 14:47 - 19 Mar 2011 14:53 #2610 by TorranceCircle
IMO, I like hive mind better than unwholesome. I have used a more equitable split between the two. It doesn't have two blood/pool management abilities, but the untap can be an extra rush, blood management, bleed, etc. And with perfectionists, it can add one or two blood.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2011 14:53 by TorranceCircle.

More
20 Mar 2011 00:04 #2616 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Bilateral Vasectomy
The plan is for Terry to acquire the Daggers with Forger's Hammer, for 0 pool.
Then, they can be moved around with Clockwerx.
Concealed Weapon guarantees that I'll have to pay full price for them, and I don't get 2 for the price of one.

It may be worthwhile to get some more superior Potence via discipline masters, perhaps instead of 1 Information Highway and 1 Perfectionist, in order for the Forger's Hammer plan to pay off.

More
20 Mar 2011 05:33 #2618 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: Bilateral Vasectomy

Concealed Weapon guarantees that I'll have to pay full price for them, and I don't get 2 for the price of one.

Given the wording on Concealed Weapon "This minion equips with a non-unique weapon card from your hand" and Dagger "when you equip this Dagger from your hand." (with no mention of action, unlike Baseball Bat for example), and LSJ's comment on Pier 13 and Daggers at groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/fe6a8e734ee7e953, why wouldn't Concealed Weapon allow you to get 2 for 1?

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
20 Mar 2011 13:15 #2624 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Bilateral Vasectomy
You would appear to be correct, Concealed Weapon will get you two Daggers for the price of one. It still won't help with the pool cost, nor will it rearrange the Daggers that are in play. I'll be sticking with Clockwerx in this deck.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds