file Horriffic

28 Mar 2011 16:09 #2945 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Horriffic

Actual Toreador with actual PRO could be a lot of fun. Imagine Aching Beauty plus Form of Mist.... Hard to pull off in practice though, as the only Toreador who starts with PRO is Christopher Houghton, a 10-cap with no title and no +bleed. Chris has some neat combat- and blocking-related specials, but nothing to help him take threatening actions.

Easier to find Toreador with mini-pro and graft it on. My favorite is Marcellus, whose +1 bleed and prince title mean he comes with a wealth of threatening action options.

Along those lines, though, there might be some fun to be had with CEL Toreador + Aching Beauty + Torrent. Unlike Form of Mist, there's no limit to the number of Torrents you can play on one action either. It's costly, but there are ways around that - Retain the Quick Blood and Voter Captivation are the first that spring to mind. Or run Eugene / Muhandis / Madame Guil with Entrenching and/or Restoration and/or Forced March and/or Perfectionist. Or G1/2 princes and Anneke with Fifth Tradition, not to mention built-in +1 bleed. Or just save blood by mixing 50/50 Torrent and Change of Target.

... not that any of this relates that much to your deck. Which is fine, except that - as people have already mentioned - it really doesn't have the blood gain support to make Horrid Countenance work. I think it might also have some hand jam issues around those Earth Melds - if you get caught behind 2 or 3 of them in the off-turn, it's going to be hard to clear them out so you can get through to blocking, and if your predator has a quiet turn I can see you staring at 2x Earth Meld, 3x reaction cards during your minion phase and being forced to send Malabranca to use his "special".

I like Earth Meld with Gangrel, but Gangrel have Deep Song to combo with and the infinitely stacking permacept of Raven Spies. True, Aura Reading might help, as would a Barrens or maybe a Storage Annexe. (Not that you have space for those, as you're already running 14 non-trifle masters.... that might also be a bit of trouble, no?)

I did a "Torries Torrent" deck including a couple !Toreadors(Klaus and Malabranca namely) that bled and voted. It was fun, but light intercept and wakes were very effective against it. Toreador princes and justicars could do better with aching beauty and parity shift.

I really liked that "Singing in the Ground" deck someone made that was posted on Extrala. I made an ANI PRO DOM FOR deck with Stanislava, Gwendelynn, and Ingrid, and friends. I bled my prey for 14 one turn in two actions ;P

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2011 17:31 #2953 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Horriffic
"The Love Doctor" and inspired decks may be relevant to the discussion about Aching Beauty and Form of Mist:
www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2k8swedeq

:trem:

More
29 Mar 2011 00:55 #2968 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Horriffic
[quote=

I did a "Torries Torrent" deck including a couple !Toreadors(Klaus and Malabranca namely) that bled and voted. It was fun, but light intercept and wakes were very effective against it. Toreador princes and justicars could do better with aching beauty and parity shift.[/quote]

This is fun and has great potential. but it is a deck to wear down the table so even though you may be acting often you do need to be patient. They are great against a lot of blocking decks. I have used perfectionist as one way to recoup blood. I'm trying to think of other ways to mitigate the two blood cost.

More
29 Mar 2011 01:42 #2971 by brandonsantacruz

[quote=

I did a "Torries Torrent" deck including a couple !Toreadors(Klaus and Malabranca namely) that bled and voted. It was fun, but light intercept and wakes were very effective against it. Toreador princes and justicars could do better with aching beauty and parity shift.

This is fun and has great potential. but it is a deck to wear down the table so even though you may be acting often you do need to be patient. They are great against a lot of blocking decks. I have used perfectionist as one way to recoup blood. I'm trying to think of other ways to mitigate the two blood cost.[/quote]

The Torrent deck featured Papillon, when I drew it and could pay for it. Great fuel for Parity Shift. The Coven is also good for two blood, although I frequently regret playing it instead of Life in the City because it gives away too much blood. Between Society Hunting Ground and Papillion, I think that's a fair amount of steady blood. Club Zombie? Now this is too funny to pass up.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
29 Mar 2011 13:51 #2995 by FunRetardant
Replied by FunRetardant on topic Re: Horriffic
Any reason ur not using ''Awe'' in this deck?

More
29 Mar 2011 14:38 #2997 by brandonsantacruz

Any reason ur not using ''Awe'' in this deck?

The blood cost of Awe could get out of hand, but otherwise no.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds