file Brewster's Millions

04 Jan 2011 22:53 #267 by MalkavianPrank
This deck has gone through many incarnations before coming to its present form. I got tired of people having a "oh no Malks, its stealth bleed, kill it!" reaction. This deck has become centered around 2 basic ideas: Don't lose and mess with the math. I've noticed that a lot of players are very meticulous and often play VTES like they do chess, 2-3 turns ahead. By constantly having them to think about something other than their next turn, I can significantly throw them off of their game. One thing I want to keep in finding another 10 cards to this is trying to appear as non-threatening as possible, IE. no kindred spirits or similar cards, no excessive vote pressure, etc.

Crypt:

Lutz von Hohenzollern x3
Unmada x3
The Ankou x2
Tryphosa x2
Santaleous x2

Library:

Game of Malkav x9
Malkavian Prank x5
Voice of Madness x5
Wrong and Crosswise x4
The Call x8
Petra Resonance x13
Telepathic Misdirection x4
Telepathic Counter x4
Elder Impersonation x2
Lost in Crowds x3
Swallowed by Night x3
Forgotten Labyrinth x3
Quick Exit x5
Wake with Evening's Freshness x4
Forced Awakening x4
Reins of Power
Ancient Influence
Rumors of Gehenna
Political Stranglehold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2011 23:16 #268 by Lost_Heretic
I've been working on a Malk deck along similar lines - moving away from the stealth bleed. Right now the deck has 3x The Ankou and a number of smaller vampires without any notable special abilities. As it stands, the deck is an Auspex wall with sniper rifles and some stealth bleed.

To get The Ankou's power to work, you'll need to stock either Babbles or Morpheus wakes to get him to untap. Otherwise he's fairly useless - you don't want 10 pool never taking actions.

And honestly, I don't see how stocking 13 petra resonance along with games and pranks will make you seem less threatening - at most you'll seem random and annoying. These actions still do pool damage and pool gain - it's no different from packing Kindred Spirits.

I hope that consideration helps. :)

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast

More
04 Jan 2011 23:44 #269 by MalkavianPrank
Yeah, the deck started out with all the weird dementation cards, the Haunting, Mind of a Child, Lunatic Eruption, etc. Mind of a Child and Lunatic Eruption are hilarious if you can pull them off on the same toon.

As far as non-threatening goes, I think anything with Malks not bleeding for 3 or 4 pool per bleed is "non-threatening." Also, its been my experience with my playgroup that people get caught up in trying to screw their predator/prey over with the games and pranks that they don't typically pay attention to the "big picture." Same goes for the Petra Resonance. More often then not, it ends up taking a huge dent out of an aggressive weenie deck and as long as it doesn't unbalance the table, no one bothers. Aside from a super wall or a ridiculous rush combat deck, I can usually weather most storms with the potential pool gain with the deck.

More
05 Jan 2011 00:18 #270 by Lost_Heretic
Sounds good, tell me how this deck works out in your meta.

Do you plan on taking advantage of The Ankou's ability or do you just retain him for a 10 cap with superior disciplines?

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast

More
05 Jan 2011 00:41 #275 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Brewster's Millions
The online community has been spoiled by ARDB formatted decks for years. The way it parses cards and keeps them separate is beyond value in quickly evaluating a deck. I highly recommend it.

ardb.googlecode.com/files/Ardb_3_1_1.zip

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 9 max: 11 average: 10.0833
3x Lutz von Hohenzollern 11 AUS DEM OBF PRE pot inner circle Malkavian:4
3x Unmada 10 AUS DEM OBF VIC cel for justicar Malkavian:5
2x The Ankou 10 AUS DEM OBF Malkavian:5
2x Tryphosa 10 AUS DEM DOM OBF POT prince Malkavian:4
2x Santaleous 9 AUS CEL DEM OBF Malkavian:5

Library [80 cards]
Action [21]
8x Call, The
13x Petra Resonance

Action Modifier [8]
2x Elder Impersonation
3x Forgotten Labyrinth
3x Lost in Crowds

Action Modifier/Combat [3]
3x Swallowed by the Night

Combat [5]
5x Quick Exit

Master [14]
9x Game of Malkav
5x Malkavian Prank

Political Action [4]
1x Ancient Influence
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Reins of Power
1x Rumors of Gehenna

Reaction [25]
4x Forced Awakening
4x Telepathic Counter
4x Telepathic Misdirection
5x Voice of Madness
4x Wake with Evening's Freshness
4x Wrong and Crosswise

More
05 Jan 2011 00:48 #277 by MalkavianPrank
You beat me to it! I was in the process of sorting this one out.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds