file Gargoyle Removal Service - !Tremere Black Hand Tap & Bleed, with Gargoyles

21 Mar 2011 22:42 #2687 by Mael
So, this deck was partially inspired by the "Black Magic Woman" deck in another thread, and partly was the result of looking at Liliths Blessing and Create Gargoyle and thinking what superior discipline would I most like to give the little fellas.

How do you intend to oust?

By bleeding like a madman after tapping people out.

How do you intend to keep from being ousted?

Deflect bleeds, Delay some votes, bloat with Tribute a lot.

What do you want your ready region to look like

I've only played the deck once, and I had eight guys out including two Gargoyles. I wouldn't expect this every game, hope for it maybe though.

What do you want your average turn to look like

It would vary quite a bit; build up turns would include superior Govern, creating gargoyles, Rutor's Hand (at basic), hunting to replace blood lost to Tributes, etc. Later turns are tap and bleed time.

What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?

Very varied. We don't have many players, but we all have several very different decks. Combat is quite common.

What problems have you observed with the deck in play?

I've only played it once so can't really say. I think rush combat would hurt it a lot (but that's what Rotschreck is for).

Deck Name: Gargoyle Removal Service
Created By: Seamus

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 8, Max: 23, Avg: 3.91)
2 Tupdog POT VIS 1 Gargoyle
2 Selena AUS DOM THA 6 Tremere Antitribu
1 Yasmin the Black dom pre AUS THA6 Tremere Antitribu
1 Mosfair cel dom tha 4 Tremere Antitribu
1 Keith Moody DOM 3 Tremere Antitribu
1 Ember Wright aus dom 3 Tremere Antitribu
1 Saiz aus dom 3 Tremere Antitribu
1 Frondator dom tha AUS 5 Tremere Antitribu
1 Janine aus dom tha 4 Tremere Antitribu
1 Esoara aus for pot DOM5 Tremere Antitribu

Library: (90 cards)
Master (26 cards)
5 Dominate
1 Thaumaturgy
3 Parthenon, The
3 Tribute to the Master
4 Corporal Reservoir
3 Remover
2 Admonitions, The
2 Rotschreck
1 House of Sorrow
2 Liliths Blessing

Action (32 cards)
6 Recure of the Homeland
4 Rutor`s Hand
2 Scouting Mission
2 Blood of Sandman
4 Create Gargoyle
6 Blooding
8 Govern the Unaligned

Action Modifier (10 cards)
10 Conditioning

Reaction (12 cards)
2 Delaying Tactics
2 On the Qui Vive
8 Deflection

Combat (8 cards)
8 Burst of Sunlight

Event (2 cards)
2 Anthelios, the Red Star

Comments are welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2011 01:43 #2691 by Dorrinal
What a great deck concept! :D Actually I quite like the addition of Tupdog and Create Gargoyle.

I don't see how Parthenon and Anthelios fit in. You have 4 trifles and the extra discipline masters should come out on Create Gargoyle actions. You will still want some extra tap in the form of Misdirection, Anarch Troublemaker, or Pentex Subversion. Also consider dropping the extra Admonitions for The Barrens or Dreams of the Sphinx if you want more cycling. And like I noted in my thread, Sudden Reversal is highly recommended to stop a clutch Villein/Tribute.

Blooding isn't doing you any favors; drop them all. If that isn't enough bleed for you, Scouting Mission is still available (and combo that at superior with Rutor's Hand and Govern...)

Finally, 8 Burst of Sunlight might be one too many. At the very least you should have one Raking Talons. Though after a few tournament games with my version of the deck I'd say that low-balling combat is probably the right thing to do.

Good luck!

:trem:

More
22 Mar 2011 13:40 #2711 by Mael
It seems my reply to this got eaten by the system somehow.

The reason for Parthenon is is that (ignoring Parthenon, some of the discipline masters, and the duplicate Liliths and Admonitions) there's 14 MPAs + 4 trifles + however many times I want to use Liliths Blessing. If Liliths Blessing wasn't a MPA to use, it would probably work without the Parthenon.
You're probably right about Anthelios as in the one game I've played this deck, I think I only used it once, maybe twice, while my second prey used it to recycle a wash. :( But against a heavy vote deck I can imagine having to recycle Tribute, or Rotschreck against a Rush deck. So I'm going to give it another shot in the deck, but it's on the potential cut list.

I don't really think I have the MPAs available for either Misdirection or Sudden, and couldn't find any Pentex when I was building the deck. I might add a Wash or two to a later build instead of Sudden.
Anarch Troublemaker is a good idea that I'll have to make room for.

I disagree about Blooding as I only expect to get one or two vampires out who start as Black Hand, and I want to be able to spread around the Corporeal Reservoirs, might change the numbers of these around though. Also, I expect to spend a bit of time hunting on the not-ousting turns to pay for Tributes as well as all the bleed stuff, so they cycle quite easily and painlessly.

Re combat, I don't know what you mean by 'low-balling combat'?
I can't remember if I had a good reason for going with all Bursts and no Talons. I normally want to use the Slave rule as a last resort, unless it's to save a vamp from Recure related Diablerie. Also Gargoyles can't play Recure, so I prefer the !Tremere to do the fighting. But I'll probably test with a couple of Talons in a later build.

More
22 Mar 2011 20:00 #2724 by Juggernaut1981
He is suggesting you're playing with very light combat, which often isn't a problem in Tournaments because most people don't bring decks with a lot of combat grunt. It's only a few nutters like myself that pack a mild-to-moderate combat package even into two of my major past tournament decks.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds