file Protean Possession

01 Apr 2012 10:18 #26984 by Kraus
Protean Possession was created by Kraus
Following the theme of stealing vampires, I decided to have a go with G5 Gangrel. Talbot has Necromancy, so I can daemonically possess vampires I (or someone else) dialberize with Ariadne. This has to be times very carefully, however, and a strong(ish?) reaction module was added to keep me alive. Also, my just-for-fun additions cost plenty of pool, so staying alive should be top-priority.

The large amount of masters can be dealth with Talbot's master-rush.

There is little ousting capacity, but I have seen plenty of inner circles flying about. A possessed Lutz would be enough to give me a few VP at least, if not sweeps.

Deck Name: Protean Possession
Author:
Description:
The basic idea is to diablerize vampires with Ariadne and steal the vampires instantly with Talbot.

Crypt (Capacity min=3 max=8 avg=6; 12 cards)
===============================================

3x Ariadne 8 chi ANI FOR PRO Gangrel:5
1x Bernard, the Scourge 5 ani for pre pro Gangrel:4
1x Gunnar 4 for PRO Gangrel:4
1x Jezebelle 4 ani for pro Gangrel:4
1x Lillian 3 ani pro Gangrel:5
1x Lisé 6 pot pro ANI FOR Gangrel:5
1x Rathmere 5 ani pro FOR Gangrel:5
3x Talbot 7 for ANI NEC PRO Gangrel:5

Library (89 cards)
=====================

Master (20 cards)
2x Archon Investigation
1x Backways
2x Blood Doll
1x Ecoterrorists
1x Erciyes Fragments, The
1x Fame
1x Gangrel Revel
1x KRCG News Radio
1x Lilith's Blessing
1x Rötschreck
2x Two Wrongs
2x Vessel
1x Wash
2x Wider View
1x Zoo Hunting Ground

Action (9 cards)
2x Bum's Rush
5x Daemonic Possession
2x Deep Song

Ally (2 cards)
2x Renegade Garou

Retainer (7 cards)
1x Dog Pack
1x Homunculus
1x Owl Companion
4x Raven Spy

Action Modifier (2 cards)
2x Earth Control

Reaction (16 cards)
5x Cats' Guidance
2x Eyes of the Beast
2x Forced Awakening
2x Guard Dogs
2x Instinctive Reaction
1x On the Qui Vive
2x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (31 cards)
5x Amaranth
1x Canine Horde
7x Claws of the Dead
4x Drawing Out the Beast
1x Earth Meld
4x Flesh of Marble
6x Form of Mist
2x Rolling with the Punches
1x Skin of Steel

Combo (2 cards)
2x Rapid Change

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Apr 1, 2012 15:15:04)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2012 18:45 - 01 Apr 2012 18:47 #27007 by iditxa
Replied by iditxa on topic Re: Protean Possession
hi,
i like this deck, i have my own version, with no bumrush, only 5 deep song and pack alpha for 5 raven and 4 dock pack. why no include sense of savage way?? it's very good card and it can be used by talbot and ariadne.
why renegade garou?? it's too expensive for this deck. you can put some abactor to pay it
Last edit: 01 Apr 2012 18:47 by iditxa.

More
01 Apr 2012 19:34 #27010 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Protean Possession

hi,
i like this deck, i have my own version, with no bumrush, only 5 deep song and pack alpha for 5 raven and 4 dock pack. why no include sense of savage way?? it's very good card and it can be used by talbot and ariadne.
why renegade garou?? it's too expensive for this deck. you can put some abactor to pay it

Oh, yes, I didn't include Sense the Savage Way mainly because I recalled it was only usable by a 8-cap or above, but it's above 6. :) That's a must include then. Thanks!

Renegade's there mainly to keep up at least some offensive that's gona stay on the table - I really don't want to rely on just claws. Admittedly they're very expensive, but with careful play I hope to be able to use one or two effectively enough.

It's also because I just got my first 2, and they're cool. ;) After a few games it just might be that I'll leave them out of the deck.

Abactor isn't a bad idea, but I couldn't figure where to find space. Maybe a few games will tell.

Also, notice the lack of freak drives. They are currently stationed in two other decks, and wakes are there to make up for that. The same goes for Deep Song. Most of them are in my Ravnos at the moment.

Did you use Daemonic Possession yourself, or was it just Ariadne diabliere-fest?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
02 Apr 2012 11:39 #27092 by iditxa
Replied by iditxa on topic Re: Protean Possession
i didn't play this deck yet, but I play very differents Gangrel decks and i played a Basilia's multirush deck. It is very similar deck.
can i tell u some notes?

- you have to put into torpor another vampire with all possible blood if you would diablarize or posses it, thus no +1hand damage (or enviromental) damage but you need press and maneover (or ranged attacks). no canine horde, if you diablerize a wampire with a weapon you get it.
- if you can put some pack alpha, retrech some actions.
- change some blood doll/vessell to Villein
- reorganize your reactions, can be more versatile:
5x Cats' Guidance
4x Forced Awakening
6x Sense of Savage Way
4x On the Qui Vive
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
02 Apr 2012 15:49 #27113 by ReverendRevolver
the first deck i built around ariadne had this as a side module, but talbot ran out of blood often. have you tried some abactor/ heidleberg refilling? kay polerno could be an ok weenie for you, since talbot is your only posseser. it seems solid, but i would add more deepsong.

More
02 Apr 2012 21:21 #27132 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Protean Possession
interesting deck idea!

one suggestion I would make is adding a Sargon Fragment. then you could have 2 vampires who can play Daemonic Possession, but more importantly: one of them could fetch the card back into your hand from your ash heap for the other :NEC: vampire to play it at the right time. then you won't feel like you have to always hold one in your hand just to play your strategy. it can also help with other handjam issues in general, fetching rushes or combat cards back into your hand when needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds