-2x Decapitate
-1x Disarm
-1x Bum's Rush
-2x Preternatural Strength
-1x Scrounging
-1x Swallowed by the Night
-5x Lost in Crowds
+4x Forgotten Labyrinth or Into Thin Air

... that's 63, I'm having trouble cutting any more than that. :)

(And yes, I did read the instructions.)

I'd go with the weeniefied crypt, though you could consider Abelsobek to supply extra Nakh actions.

Reasoning here:
- Less cards overall is always better when you're dealing with crucial uniques
- Ashur Tablets so you don't run out of combat cards once your deck gets moving; also, you don't really want to Villein Nakh, because if he gets low on blood you're in big trouble.
- Preternatural Strength detracts from your main plan
- you really want your equip action to go through, so the +1 stealth you get by trading Lost to Into Thin Air or Forgotten Labyrinth is worth the blood spent IMHO. (Well, ITA doesn't actually give you stealth, but Nakh is a 10-cap so it may as well.)
- Barrens for even faster Vast Wealth flushing - though you can use MPAs to ditch them too.
- Trading one Typhonic Beast for another Taste. Prevention, +dmg, and presses are all good things, but a Taste is potentially a bigger swing if you hit a full minion.
- Taking away more Decapitates than Disarms because there are times when you don't want to Decapitate. It's nice forward, but consider this case: your prey has two threatening minions. If you dunk one empty, his/her next turn is going to be rescue, hunt. If you rip one's head off, her/his next turn will be to bleed all-out with the remaining guy. There are short-term vs long-term considerations here, but the former has much to recommend it.

I also considered:
- Relentless Pursuit, because it's free for you and doubles as a hand-flusher. Doesn't work if you don't get to press, though.
- Truth of 1000 Lies, because actions on your big minion are important, and sometimes an extra surprise +2 bleed is really useful.
- Pulled Fangs, because it adds nicely to the "rush my predator and waste his/her actions" story.
- Street Cred, because you will likely have opportunities to play it, it will be free for you, and bloat is nice.

... but in the end, you likely don't have room for those.

I also thought about ranged defense. Swallowed and presses are decent; other useful options might include:
- Slam, of course. It even cycles well when nobody is maneuvering away from you, and the blood cost isn't an issue.
- Thrown Sewer Lid - not great because you're like still taking a bullet/bats-and-crows/Earth Sword to the face.
- Mayaparisatya - because it's a great surprise, and can also help if you're on the receiving end of a weapon strike or three.

Have you thought about the numbers on when Vast Wealth / Eye will be available? Assuming you are player 2 or greater, Nakh will hit the table at the end of turn 3. So you'll have 3 discards before you even get a chance to play Vast Wealth; at that point you'll likely have seen 10 cards. Chances of being able to play the Eye or Vast Wealth are:

75 card deck, 7x VW, 2x eye: 75% after 10 cards, 95% after 21 cards
75 card deck, 8x VW, 2x eye: 79% after 10 cards, 95% after 18 cards
75 card deck, 9x VW, 2x eye: 82% after 10 cards, 95% after 17 cards
63 card deck, 5x VW, 2x eye: 72% after 10 cards, 95% after 21 cards
60 card deck, 5x VW, 2x eye: 74% after 10 cards, 95% after 18 cards

Note that masters you can play before any minions show up, like Ashur Tablets, can help here, by increasing number of cards seen. Dreams, Barrens etc can also help out. If we simplify the analysis by treating those cards as non-draws, we get:

Deck as posted: effective ~73 cards, 7x VW, 2x Eye: 26% after 10 cards, 95% after 20 cards
With my suggested tweaks: effective ~55 cards, 7x VW, 2x Eye: 86% after 10 cards, 95% after 15 cards.

Actual performance will be worse than that because I'm not considering the chance of drawing more than 3 masters, but better because I'm not counting the extra cards you'd see from Dreams / Barrens. But I think it's a reasonable ballpark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2011 19:02 #3042 by Juggernaut1981
Specialization can be very good in this situation. It will allow you to make Pool of your possible hand-jam. Plus if you do need a card later, you can ditch two for a pool and then turn around later and Ashur Tablets it back.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
31 Mar 2011 04:21 - 31 Mar 2011 04:22 #3048 by Mephistopheles

I'd tweak some things and try to get as close to 60 cards as I could, thuswise:

-4x Villen
-2x Vast Wealth
+5x Ashur Tablets
+1x Barrens
-2x Immortal Grapple
-2x Typhonic Beastie
+1x Taste
-2x Decapitate
-1x Disarm
-1x Bum's Rush
-2x Preternatural Strength
-1x Scrounging
-1x Swallowed by the Night
-5x Lost in Crowds
+4x Forgotten Labyrinth or Into Thin Air

... that's 63, I'm having trouble cutting any more than that. :)

(And yes, I did read the instructions.)

I gave you a big applaud for this post. You wrote many things I will try to consider. Thank you for reading the instruction, too. I'll make some changes you suggested today and will post the new version today after work (in like 9 hours from now).

Cheers!

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com
Last edit: 31 Mar 2011 04:22 by Mephistopheles.

More
31 Mar 2011 04:41 - 31 Mar 2011 04:53 #3050 by Dr.Mafrune
It´s very difficult to exclude cards on this deck, but Monster is a must on a nultirush deck...maybe you could change it for mylan. Another card you should look at is anarch troublemaker ( for contesting reasons), if you go for tournie play.
I must say that I´m a reductionist deck fan and I don´t really see the point of squeezing a multirush combat deck to 75 cards. After testing IMHO I think that you will probably add a couple of cards more.
Ashurizing this deck is good proposal worth to test, but to stay around 70 cards limit.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:
Last edit: 31 Mar 2011 04:53 by Dr.Mafrune.

More
31 Mar 2011 04:56 #3051 by Mephistopheles

It´s very difficult to exclude cards on this deck, but Monster is a must on a nultirush deck...maybe you could change it for mylan. Another card you should look at is anarch troublemaker ( for contesting reasons), if you go for tournie play.
I must say that I´m a reductionist deck fan and I don´t really see the point of squeezing a multirush combat deck to 75 cards. After testing IMHO I think that you will probably add a couple of cards more.
Ashurizing this deck is good proposal worth to test, but to stay around 70 cards limit.

Smaller library wasn't a problem. As I wrote before, the deck even worked (with 75 cards) when neither Enkil Cog nor Ashur was even printed yet. Monster is a nice one, I'll try my best to find a space for it.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds