file Asguresh and Alcoan

09 Apr 2011 15:50 #3275 by TorranceCircle

Or would you try for a Mercy of Seth/Blur/Fame deck, which was my original (ridiculous) intent?

I don't think it is ridiculous. I played against a deck like this who started as my ally. The deck beat down a ravnos/apparition deck before it got to me. it stalled but it looked like it was fun to play. With some work it might be able to garner more VPs too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2011 19:25 #3280 by DeathInABottle

Or would you try for a Mercy of Seth/Blur/Fame deck, which was my original (ridiculous) intent?

I don't think it is ridiculous. I played against a deck like this who started as my ally. The deck beat down a ravnos/apparition deck before it got to me. it stalled but it looked like it was fun to play. With some work it might be able to garner more VPs too.

I figured that it would be too card- and blood-intensive. If you ran Giovanni with cel/CEL, the NEC path, and some intercept, it could work, but it seems to be as difficult as a CEL/THA deck but without the benefits of a strong crypt or recouped blood - just the opposite, in fact. I'm sure it would be fun, but probably a huge challenge.

As to Asguresh/Alcoan: the Flurry deck above looks like it'd work. I'll sketch out a Keystone Kine version and post it later.

More
10 Apr 2011 06:41 #3291 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Asguresh and Alcoan
I've seen these two vampires and set them aside to make a deck for a while. I never ever get around to it because there seems to be so many reasons...

I've never found Mercy for Seth to work effectively compared to regular damage. if you want Trochomancy and/or anarchs then g3/4 is better. if you just want celerity guns then g1/2 is better. if you want celerity + auspex, then I don't know, go play toreadors instead and have fun with their clan cards and titles.

I feel that main problem is Alcoan SUCKS as a straight-up fighter. his special is just a weaker version of aura reading or owl companion, 7 pool is pricey, and he's stuck in g6 as a handicap.

Asguresh has a unique and very powerful ability, costs less, and is in a better grouping. Of these two brothers, he's the superior pick.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds