file The slave regent

11 Apr 2011 21:59 - 11 Apr 2011 22:48 #3321 by Klaital
The slave regent was created by Klaital
So the basic idea here is that Chaundice becomes regent and gets eternal vigilance and all kinds of fancy permanents that make her do lots of damage and have lots of intercept. Then she will rush annoying minions and block actions that I don't like. The four votes from the regent are also nice bonus for vote defense. I would like to fit in some more poolgain, but not really sure what to take out. She can already prevent four damage each combat without cards which is why the prevent section is fairly light. Stonestrengths should be able to handle the occasional agg poke until she gets armor of terra. I picked Sociopath over Perfectionist because it works when blocking also so can give up to 3 blood in one go around the table which is quite handy for fueling Eternal Vigilance

Crypt:
1x Keith Moody
2x Antonio D'Erlette
2x Carmen
2x Esoara
1x Frondator
4x Chaundice

Master: 13
3x Fame
1x Powerbase: Barranquilla
1x Powerbase: Montreal
5x Regent
2x Sociopath
1x The Rack

Action: 25
2x Armor of Terra
4x Biothaumaturgic Experiment
2x Defender of the Haven
7x Dive Bomb
4x Eternal Vigilance
1x Heroic Might
1x Preternatural Strength
1x Raw Recruit
3x Soul of the Earth

Action Modifier: 8
8x As the Crow

Combat: 30
12x Crawling Chamber
8x Immortal Grapple
6x Stonestrength
4x Taste of Vitae

Equipment: 1
1x The Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers

Reaction: 7
7x Deflection

Retainer: 6
5x Razor Bat
1x Stone Dog
Last edit: 11 Apr 2011 22:48 by Klaital.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2011 07:39 - 12 Apr 2011 08:03 #3327 by Dr.Mafrune
Replied by Dr.Mafrune on topic Re: The slave regent
With 5 copies of a vampire you have a 92.93% probability of having it on your open crypt, with 6 copies it´s increased to a 96.97%.
With only 4 copies your chances are reduced to 85.86%, that means approx. that in 1 of every 6 games you play, you won´t have Chaundrice in your open crypt.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:
Last edit: 12 Apr 2011 08:03 by Dr.Mafrune.

More
12 Apr 2011 19:03 #3339 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: The slave regent
Your "gear up" actions are pretty interesting, though some tuning there is probably recommended. I'd think:
  • Abbot would be a really good choice - multiple copies even, as your !Tremere can cycle them without wasting an untap once Chaundice is sufficiently tooled up to be scary.
  • Either scaling up Soul of the Earth or scaling back Razor Bat. You don't want to be paying the pool, and you can't really rely on Soul with only three copies available. I'd consider at least one Mr Winthrop, as it does the job for fewer moving parts.
  • Corpse Balloon might be worth considering - Chaundice only gets the maneuver out of it, but it's cheap, funny, and unexpected.
  • Guardian Angel might be handy if you are seeing a LOT of incoming damage or there's a lot of agg around in your playgroup, though the prevent is a bit redundant with Chaundice's special / VIS cards, and the conditional intercept isn't as good as Abbot.

I'd also think about:
- disarm as a really efficient punch in your combat package
- On the Qui Vive to save you blood and/or help you out before the Eternal Vigilance engine comes on line.

More
12 Apr 2011 19:30 #3342 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: The slave regent
I like Wider View for any superstar deck, both to help ensure you get your star, and to turn the excess copies into more useful vamps.
As you're not really making use of your support vamps :pot: and :for: , you should probably replace Esoara with someone who can play your :VIS: cards at :tha: .

More
13 Apr 2011 18:20 #3370 by wargrim
Replied by wargrim on topic Re: The slave regent
No Pentex = loss ;).
Nice idea, I was thinking about smth similar, but in my opinion adding 2-3 Nephandus would increase the power level of that deck.
Yawp Court would be also a good choice.

"Iusiurandum patri datum usque ad hanc diem ita servavi"

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds