file why would I want to Draw out the Beast..?

21 Aug 2012 08:59 #35111 by Millstone
Hi all,

I've been bulding some basic decks lately, to use when I want to restart my V:TES addiction. I've got a couple of friends who used to play the game, too, long ago.

I've copied some decks from the 'net, and I have build this deck (from the 'barbed wire' idea):

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=6404

It's the Gangrel-deck.

I (still) understand most cards, but why would I want to draw out the beast (comes up 4 x in this deck) i.e. play it on an opposing vampire? I understand that it will be usefull if said vamp is carrying guns or something (wants to keep distance), but I am not sure if the +1 handdamage you give that vamp is worth it...
I am sure I am missing something though, can someone please fill me in?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2012 09:05 #35113 by Ohlmann
For Drawing Out the Beast : it disallow use of (ranged) weapon and does one damage per round at superior. So you go at long range with Aid from the bat, and use Drawing to avoid retalation and add one more damage to the mix. People usually don't have a lot of maneuver, especially since Drawing disallow the use of weapon that grand maneuver, like the .44 magnum.

For the deck :

26 combat card and no carrion crow ? It's about the best animalism combat card.

There is a lot of other tweakable thing, but before that I would like to know your card restrictions. The deck seem created with Jyhad card only, is that a restriction you wish to keep ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Millstone

More
21 Aug 2012 09:36 #35115 by Joscha
I often use DotB in addition with Immortal Grapple. The opponent has to stay close and that way you can Immortal Grapple him. You're right, the opponent has +1 strength and that is bad. But this is more or less a card cost of 1 blood. If you fight against celerity-decks maybe you should not play DotB if you can't torporize the opponent with one strike to prevent the enormous damage coming with add. strikes.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Millstone

More
21 Aug 2012 10:13 #35119 by Millstone
About tweaking: most cards I hae either have a Jyhad backing or a Vampire one... they're quite old (first run of the v:tes backs, so to speak). Not too sure about wich version we are talking here.. :)

I do have quite some sabbat cards too, including vamps. But I'd like this deck to stay true to their clan (i.e. Gangrel), and not be too complicated. It's been way too long ago since I played.
I'd prefer C or U cards in there, I have enough of those.

I'd really like to hear about wht to tweak, and what could be better in there. :)

More
21 Aug 2012 11:57 #35132 by brandonsantacruz
I have used DotB in an Animalism combat deck to good effect. It stacks with Carrion Crows, so you can do 4 damage per round with Aids/Crows/DotB. You could stay close and play Flesh of Marble or Indomitability if you don't want to use bats.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
21 Aug 2012 12:30 #35135 by Millstone
Allright, this all starts to make sense now... Thanks!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds