1x Wider View

Reaction [6]
1x My Enemy's Enemy
2x On the Qui Vive
1x Telepathic Misdirection
2x Wrong and Crosswise

1. How do you intend to oust?
Stealth-bleed.

2. How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
Bloating via kindred spirits and threat of backoust if predator comes off as *too* aggressive.

3. What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
3-4 minions, hopefully 1 Black Hand and a ally or two for attrition.

4. What do you want your average turn to look like?
Attrition via allies, bleed.

5. What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
JOL therefore lots of everything. Latley been playing against fat vamps with villein for bloat. Attrition seems good against those.

6. What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
Haven't tried it yet but am anticipating issues against heavy voters hence the DI.
Last edit: 04 May 2011 18:34 by Johnny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2011 02:13 #4152 by Dasein
Replied by Dasein on topic Re: The Haunting
OK I actually have a lot of experience with Haunting decks. For some reason I’ve played them a lot. I’m afraid this one probably isn’t going to work very well. It’s kind of halfway between a bleed deck, and a Haunting deck. I think you need to pick one approach and go with it; either a dedicated DEM OBF Kindred Spirits bleed deck, or a dedicated Haunting lockdown deck. Your main problem is you have almost no defence i.e. wakes and intercept; this means you won’t really be able to stop people burning your Hauntings. If they do they’re wasting an action, which is kind of cool, but you’re wasting an action putting it on them. You’re trading an action for one of your vampires for one of theirs. Not terrible but not really getting you VPs. You also won’t be able to defend your pool much, which means you will have to rely on going forward with KS to gain pool and try to keep you alive. This means you’re not Haunting (or you’re tapping out, and with very few wakes, you’re not being able to block people burning your Hauntings).

Also remember that ANY minion can burn a Haunting, and if this is a cross-table action, you’ll need an Eagle Sight to be even able to attempt to block.
Haunting lockdown decks can work, but they need to be more dedicated to that task. Pick which way you want the deck to go and have another crack at it.

Also your master section is not good at all. No pool gain or intercept locations or anything defensive really. You can’t really afford a hunting ground and won’t get much use out of it either. Your deck’s only defense is trying to stay alive with KS pool gain, but if it is then it should be a KS deck, not a Haunting deck.

More
05 May 2011 02:22 #4153 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic Re: The Haunting
Never really seen a haunting deck so would most def appreciate a sample decklist if you dont mind sharing. Thanks for feedback. I really want to play Haunting!

More
05 May 2011 02:35 #4154 by Dervish
Replied by Dervish on topic Re: The Haunting
Adding in Lunatic Eruption and other DEM lock down stuff is very fun, mix in derange for extra fun!

More evidence that your deck need not be good in order to win:
thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2011tottco
:THA::OBF::OBE::PRO::CHI::ravn:

More
05 May 2011 22:14 #4180 by Dasein
Replied by Dasein on topic Re: The Haunting

Never really seen a haunting deck so would most def appreciate a sample decklist if you dont mind sharing. Thanks for feedback. I really want to play Haunting!

I had a Malk/!Malk dem/obf/for Haunting deck a while ago that was ok. Mainly used Anatole and Artemis. But it had problems so I took it apart. Then I built a much stronger !Gangrel Haunting deck (no I'm not joking) based around Nostoket. I played and tuned that deck for a couple of years. It won quite a few games, but I've moved on and don't play it much anymore. I'll post a decklist for it soon.
I learnt quite a bit from it and I think I'll remake a Malk/!Malk Haunting deck that should be much better than the first one I made.

More
05 May 2011 23:48 #4181 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: The Haunting
You could also make fairly strong Haunting deck from FoS, making Waters of Duat with dementation skill cards to do the hauntings, and your other vampires cloaking/veiling them and doing temptations and other nasty stuff.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds