file Toreador Bleed Deck

12 May 2011 21:40 - 14 May 2011 04:55 #4363 by brandonsantacruz

Toreador Grand Ball + Freakd Drive. Annabelle, on a good turn, can make all toreadors bleed for +1, enchant knidred down, embrace. She can call herself the justicar title and begin the progeny train or bring out a prince who uses TGB to bring out progeny. I don't think the presence on the progeny is completely necessary if you can get Annabelle to give them all +1 bleed, which is why embrace may be good too. Of course, people see Annabelle and a few childer and they will try to shut it down before it gets out of hand. The enchant kndred can be used to bring out 4,5, or 6 caps a little more easily if you don't have enough crypt options in the 2-3 cap range.

Like this?

5x Annabelle Triabell 9 AUS CEL PRE dom for primogen
2x Antoinette, She Who Watches 6 AUS PRE cel obf primogen
1x Barth 5 PRE aus cel
1x Thomas De Lutrius 4 aus cel pre primogen
1x Michael Luther 4 aus pre vote special
1x Fahd al-Zawba'a 4 cel for pre
1x Emerson Wilkershire III 2 pre

80 cards
Master: 21 (7 trifles)
6x Toreador Grand Ball
Giant's Blood
2x Life in the City
2x Wash
Perfectionist
Elysium: Arboretum
2x Anarch Troublemaker
2x Pentex Subversion
3x Wider View
1x Barrens

Actions: 18
10x Enchant Kindred
2x Entrancement
6x The Embrace

Action Modifiers: 10
6x Forced March
2x Aire of Elation
2x Change of Target

Political Actions: 1
1x Toreador Justicar

Combat: 12
8x Majesty
4x Dodge

Events: 1
Anthelios, the red star

Reactions: 17
4x Eyes of Argus
4x On the Qui Vive
1x Wake with the Evening's Freshness
6x Telepathic Misdirection
2x My Enemy's Enemy

This is master heavy, but also trifle heavy. What do you think?

Edited to reflect some advice that sounded compatible.
-Left in the Justicar because vote defense is more of a style thing for me
-Forced March is better because it is free
-More embrace(turns out I own exactly 6)
-Added two Entrancement because stealing allies unblockably is just cool, bleeding is a good back-up

Some tricks I should mention:
-If an embrace goes down, rescue them that turn and then play a Life in the City on them to keep them from hunting on the next turn
-Elysium Arboretum is great combat for embraces (or anyone), dodges are another option, change of target yet another

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 14 May 2011 04:55 by brandonsantacruz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2011 21:47 #4364 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Toreador Bleed Deck
I think you need more embraces, like 2-3 more at least. Also at least half, if not all, of the freak drives should be forced march.I would probably also ditch the washes, add the coven, some stealth wouldn't hurt either. resist earths grasp/alacrity.

More
13 May 2011 12:03 #4392 by brandonsantacruz

I think you need more embraces, like 2-3 more at least. Also at least half, if not all, of the freak drives should be forced march.I would probably also ditch the washes, add the coven, some stealth wouldn't hurt either. resist earths grasp/alacrity.

Oh, good call on Forced March! I'll work on the princes version sometime soon, too.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
13 May 2011 22:48 #4405 by Juggernaut1981
Brandon,
I'd have tried to find mid-to-small caps with :for:. Then you can smuggle in Forced March & Freak Drive.

There aren't any princes in that mix, but then you can just toss in the TGB, Aching Beauties and Perfectionists to help with blood managements.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
13 May 2011 23:08 #4407 by TorranceCircle
forced march is better here, klaital also makes sense when he mentioned adding 2-3 more embrace. Also, be aware that embrace may be blocked when forced to hunt. So some will be torporized from the start. If they are not, you will be rolling. Another crypt oprtion is Fahd Al-zabwaha (or whatever his name is) to give another minion who can play fortitude. If you are only using the justicar vote for a vote defense I think it is a waste of space. Arboretum is cool, but think of how many times you will draw it and wish you had drawn something else. For me this is often, in your metagame it may be different.

It looks like you are trying to stay below 80 cards but I have some possible adds. at least one entancement for one enchant kindred. Aranthebes the immortal, dreams of the sphynx, secure haven to protect the beautiful Annabelle.

Just some ideas for thought.

More
13 May 2011 23:35 - 13 May 2011 23:36 #4411 by Boris The Blade

Also, be aware that embrace may be blocked when forced to hunt. So some will be torporized from the start.

I play Target vitals in mine for that. Makes you feel much better when the Embrace deals 3 damage on its way to torpor, and Catatonic Fear makes Annabelle a scary blocker too.
Last edit: 13 May 2011 23:36 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds