question-circle Starters - Improving Starters for Newbies guide.

17 Apr 2013 21:49 #47108 by TorranceCircle

- We have someone who loves Toreador Stalls+Votes,

vtesone.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/reasonably-priced-decks-toreador-antitribu/
This is a great beginner deck wich you could make using the vamps from the Black hand toreador-antitribu and the Keepers of Tradition Toreador. You can then take it either direction that Extrala suggests by using cards from the two toreador decks, some presence from the guruhi deck, some auspex from the osebo deck, and some presence from the ishtarri deck. You could go with celerity/guns using cards from the decks I mentioned. Celerity guns bleed and/or vote. Or celerity guns with auspex to block.

You could also throw Eugene in an Ishtarri deck since he has superior fortitude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2013 01:00 #47110 by Adonai

AtomWeaver's Deck Bashing Challenge also has some good examples (and some really crappy examples).
www.thelasombra.com/dbc/dbc.htm

Why not remove the crappy examples? Not everything is worthy of being archived.

The decks are no better or worse than any other deck post.

The useful ones actually explain what decisions need to be made, how they were made, and the resulting deck.

I counted 2 useful ones in the first three years of submissions.

I'd have to delete all the posts prior to 2010 if I started having any standards on AtomWeaver's behalf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tallens

More
18 Apr 2013 02:46 #47112 by ReverendRevolver
Tallens,

Its a red pill or blue pill in the matrix.

Oh, and i have decklists for everything i outlined, i just havent been able to tether my phone to the computer to post them.

Lasombras page has an abundancd of information on it, if its looking to be too much, chexk the tournament winning deck archive by searching specific clans for ideas and concepts. If you are puzzled by a deck (like, how the hell does this win? Are yiu serious) just ask about it on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tallens

More
18 Apr 2013 07:39 #47135 by Tallens

Tallens,

Gosh I must have been tired haha!, but you're right.

Any ideas on what do with the Anathema Starter Deck? I really like some of the Vampires there is, But there are so many different kind, that I'm considering dismantling it completely and finding a new home for them (Mata Hari in the Ravnos Deck, and Marcus Vitel in an Ventrue deck) but is there any hope for this deck content as a whole?

Seems to me to be, to much of a mishmash of nothing, with lack of goals. - only common theme is that they all have "Red List" attached to them... which of cause would define the "Anathema" theme well.. but seems to me to much is going on in that deck for it to be viable..

//T

More
19 Apr 2013 12:14 #47252 by ReverendRevolver

Tallens,

Gosh I must have been tired haha!, but you're right.

Any ideas on what do with the Anathema Starter Deck? I really like some of the Vampires there is, But there are so many different kind, that I'm considering dismantling it completely and finding a new home for them (Mata Hari in the Ravnos Deck, and Marcus Vitel in an Ventrue deck) but is there any hope for this deck content as a whole?

Seems to me to be, to much of a mishmash of nothing, with lack of goals. - only common theme is that they all have "Red List" attached to them... which of cause would define the "Anathema" theme well.. but seems to me to much is going on in that deck for it to be viable..

//T

When i started playing, i bought anathema for part cards. Ive been trying for like 5 years to make alexis sorokin work well in a deck. Germaine is hot by himself, one of the best bruisers for cel pot for combat. Mata hari is the star of an ally deck, or goes good with tumminos breed votes with eldest are kholo. Jaynes good for weenie presence, rabbat ive seen in hidden lurker decks.....

The only cohesion in that box is that there are good cards and good vamps, a few can forced mach, and most can play rebirth. Other than that, good idea of vamps to build around.

Thr count is hot, he was one of my favorite dummy combat vamps ( even a dummy could do well with it, sincd he is so solid)
Id say just use what you can and come back to the other cards later. No idea when ill get to post tbose lists for you, but im sure youve noticed most precons are suboptimal, excepting of course ventrue from kot.
But staple cards are in many of the precons, so they are good to start from.

Oh, and the baali deck from kmw is basically only for parts. Without path of evil revelations and maybe tend the flock with some villeins theres no way to run that many large infernal minions. But it has some ok vamps, and call the great beast, which are good if yiu get more, or decent trade fodder if your group gets into tournaments and travels.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds