file Weenie Potence & Protean Combat Deck

20 Sep 2013 17:54 - 20 Sep 2013 17:59 #54204 by CalibanX
Well, if I had 2 copies of Bill he'd be in there. I thought Fergus's special of being able to attack sabbat might come in handy. I also decided against Dragonbound and Tension even though they're combat staples. I don't want my handsize permanently reduced by the Dragonbound and since my vamps are weenies I think it's pretty likely that they will end up in torpor at some point in which case the Tension and Dragonbound will shoot my own foot.

Ha! I just thought about it some more and I put my one Copy of Bill in there. Thanks! :)
Last edit: 20 Sep 2013 17:59 by CalibanX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2013 03:33 #54206 by Jeff Kuta
Not a fan of Guardian Angel in this deck. Spend your pool on other things. Flesh of Marble should be enough for you. Aggro-poke is your game, and you can ignore theirs. Also not a fan of Information Network since only one of your vampires can use it. Same for Shanty Town HG (requires !Nos and you may not see him). Two Fame is good. I'd drop the Rack just in case someone else can steal it and keep it. Your game is blood denial and that's giving resources to someone else. Wider View is good in a deck with multiples like yours, plus it's pool later, and you will have unused transfers.

-2 Guardian Angel
-1 Information Network
-1 Shanty Town HG
-1 Rack
+1 Fame
+1 Wall Street Night
+1 Channel 10
+1 Giant's Blood (to take away the option for other Meths)
+1 Wider View
(optional +1 Archon Investigation...good to keep 'em guessing)

I think you do need more action cards, especially those to enter combat. You should expect to have one in your hand on turn 1 in case your predator has Zillah's Valley or other acceleration. Dump all Ambush for Bum's Rush. You can't afford to give an aggressive predator any actions at all (their vampires come into play untapped of course).

-1 Abbot
-3 Ambush
-1 Leather Jacket
+5 Bum's Rush

I think your combat is good, but I'd still worry about intercept a little bit. You had Ears of the Hare in your previous version, but that costs. How about:

-1 Flesh of Marble
-1 Torn Signpost
+2 Eyes of the Beast

You can get up to +5 intercept with this package (on the second action per turn...hopefully the first is a rescue or hunt).

Good luck!

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
21 Sep 2013 11:44 #54217 by CalibanX
Hey Jeff, I like your suggestions, alas, I don't own any Eyes of the Beast or they'd be in there. So, for Discipline intercept my options are Sonar and Ears of the Hare I guess. Also, I do have 4 copies of Nails in the Crypt which should make the Hunting ground and Information Network viable. The way I see it, I can have my star vamp take an action to equip with a sport bike or raven spy or I could give her the intercept the safer way with a Master card instead.

I know, 4 Pool is a lot for those 2 Guardian angels, but they give me intercept and Prevent Damage. They nicely plug the hole of the Skin of Marble for the agg poke that I'd be vulnerable to. I'm not sure I should get rid of them. Why do you think I can ignore an opponents' agg poke? Can you maybe address your thoughts about that a little more?

I do like the case you made for changing my actions to more Bum's Rushes though. That makes better sense to me. I also like your other Master card suggestions. I'll redo the deck with your suggestions and post it later. Thanks for all the thoughtful help!

More
21 Sep 2013 20:40 #54232 by Jeff Kuta
Regarding the !Nos masters, it's not just having 4 copies of Nails. The HG costs 2 pool and often doesn't pay for itself in games. You're going to be rushing vampires and playing Taste of Vitae. That should be enough, along with FoM, to keep your vampires from needing to hunt. Besides, who is going to be foolhardy enough block them if they must hunt?

If you are worried about aggro-poke in your metagame, put in 2 or 3 Glancing Blow. Guardian Angels are OK, but in that case, you should be mixing up your wake package so that your vampires actually untap and can try to block. That way if they fail, you often can try to block the second action. A couple Zillah's Tears could do the trick. Also GAs burn if you go to torpor. If the combat in your metagame is that high risk, then the extra pool investment isn't worth it. Besides, you have many small minions. They should be considered disposable for the most part. If stealth bleeds are your concern, then Archon Investigations will be much more useful to you than GAs.

The Information Network *only* benefits Nails. If he goes to torpor or is tapped out, it's a dead card for you. That's why I suggested the alternate intercept locations. While Nails is the best vampire for your crypt, I'm not sure I'd exactly categorize this as a "star" deck. Definitely weenie Pot/Pro, but Nails is just nice to have. Design to your disciplines, not your clans.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
21 Sep 2013 21:38 #54234 by ReverendRevolver
Agg poke answers better than gaurdian angel is pretty much everything that doesnt cost pool here.

As i said, Adaptability is only good in FoM reliant combat. But its playable here. Or glancing blow if combat card flow is ok.

Any intercept location trumps inf network here.

Maybe yawp court, or hungry coyote instrad of hg.

As suggested, zillahs tears is ok here, and if you are blocking, abbot is how you can block alot of things.

Good luck.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds