file Bruce de Guy Leads Polly and De Sade

06 Apr 2014 06:39 - 06 Apr 2014 06:43 #60678 by prestonp
This deck has really been a joy to play. I feel it suits my style. It starts a bit slow which typically allows me to frame someone else as the table threat. Meanwhile this deck minds it's knitting with govern downs and redirected bleeds. Then it's time to oust. Typical !Ventrue stuff.

De Sade is really good. When I have him up and I draw the Voter Cap, he's filling up every time because everyone abstains when he's calling the vote. Bruce de Guy is also really good for calling votes. It's strange but I've been encountering a ton of Camarilla vote decks and Bruce gets the job done. I made use of Polly and Jefferson's Thaumaturgy and the Magic of the Smith for an Ivory Bow or Heart of Cheating has turned the tide a few times.

The Shroud of Absence is always useful between Bruce or Kestrelle, but I wonder if Shadow Play might be better because the extra +2 stealth for Bruce get's him beyond the 2 intercepts of Second Tradition. If this deck is in a low combat environment, it can cycle all of it's combat cards in a single round- conceal a weapon, prevent, pulled fangs. All the cards work with each other and you can flush your hand and get to the good stuff after that combat.

I've put in some lock cards for the end game- Eternal Vigilance, bowl, kevlar vest and a shotgun is the ideal heads up situation.

Deck Name: Bruce de Guy, Polly and De Sade
Author: Preston Poulter
Description:
All my decks are toolboxy. This one I put in some even stranger cards to give it more flexibility, and I found I liked the result.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=6 max=10 avg=8.33)
================================================
1x Aimery Methuin 7 ani pot AUS DOM FOR !Ventrue:5
3x Bruce de Guy 10 AUS DOM FOR OBT !Ventrue:4
3x De Sade 9 AUS DOM FOR PRE !Ventrue:5
1x Jefferson Foster 6 for tha AUS DOM !Ventrue:4
1x Kestrelle Hayes 6 dom for obt AUS !Ventrue:5
3x Polly Kay Fisher 8 for pot AUS DOM THA !Ventrue:4

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (16)
1x Barrens, The
3x Blood Doll
1x Corporate Hunting Ground
1x Demonstration
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Elder Library
3x Grooming the Protégé
1x Papillon
1x Society of Leopold
2x Wider View

Event (1)
1x Scourge of the Enochians

Action (15)
1x Eternal Vigilance
1x Far Mastery
5x Govern the Unaligned
2x Graverobbing
2x Magic of the Smith
1x Rutor's Hand
1x Seeds of Corruption
2x Under Siege

Political Action (10)
1x Anarchist Uprising
2x Banishment
1x Disputed Territory
1x Domain Challenge
2x Kine Resources Contested
3x Public Vilification

Equipment (9)
1x Bowl of Convergence
2x Gas-Powered Chainsaw
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow
1x Kevlar Vest
3x Sawed-Off Shotgun

Ally (1)
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Action Modifier (12)
3x Crocodile's Tongue
3x Freak Drive
2x Kiss of Ra, The
1x Mirror Walk
2x Shroud of Absence
1x Voter Captivation

Reaction (10)
4x Eyes of Argus
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (12)
4x Concealed Weapon
4x Pulled Fangs
4x Skin of Rock

Combo (4)
4x Murmur of the False Will

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4b. (Apr 6, 2014 11:33:46)
Last edit: 06 Apr 2014 06:43 by prestonp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2014 20:13 #60706 by librarian
Classic Poulter.

I might remove 1 or 2 Telepathic Misdirections for Deflections, in the event of DI or don't want to tap to bounce.

More
07 Apr 2014 04:27 - 07 Apr 2014 04:27 #60713 by prestonp
Two deflections is a good suggestion. This deck is somewhat of a divergence from "classic" Poulter. I've never shoe horned in three disciplines not in the clan. So it's a new step for me, but I enjoy making the deck less predictable. I feel the less predictable you are, the more your opponents can make mistakes.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2014 04:27 by prestonp.

More
07 Apr 2014 12:11 #60723 by brandonsantacruz
It was an interesting deck to play against and be beaten by in Lackey.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
07 Apr 2014 18:31 #60736 by ReverendRevolver

Two deflections is a good suggestion. This deck is somewhat of a divergence from "classic" Poulter. I've never shoe horned in three disciplines not in the clan. So it's a new step for me, but I enjoy making the deck less predictable. I feel the less predictable you are, the more your opponents can make mistakes.

Very true for many decks. Making a known weakness into a surprise way to screw someone is also a good way to make sure opponents make mistakes.

Ive almost commented several times on tbis, and hadt yet because so much is going on with this deck. Ive thoughtseveral times about using !ventrue with obt splashed for shadowed eyes, stealth, a few nocturns, and some stealth, but never built them (yet). Here, you use some thaum, and ive done ventrue and anti ventrue with thaum to death, with gotsdam(skillcarded on with lb) pollykay, klause, jefferson, lucinde, victorine, vincinect day... you get the idea. Ive had bad luck with blood intensive stuff, like your seeds of corruption here, but thought about it before.

Good luck, thougb. Looks fun

More
07 Apr 2014 21:50 - 07 Apr 2014 22:04 #60744 by prestonp
I've never liked Seeds of Corruption. It seems like a poor card because it stops your prey from going forward. David Cherryholmes suggested it, so I'm trying it out. I can't say I've ever successfully taken the action because it does what David said it would do and draws the block. That makes it OK I suppose because if they just used their intercept on that, then the next action may get a pass. But it doesn't oust and I don't like cards that don't oust.

All that said, it does combo nicely with Public Vilification, Banishment and Society of Leopoldo
Last edit: 07 Apr 2014 22:04 by prestonp.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds