file K-Black Pux

18 Jan 2011 23:13 #646 by XZealot
K-Black Pux was created by XZealot
Deck Name : K-Black Pux
Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
Description :
This is a Black Cat/Andrei Puxon deck where Black Cat puts Kpist 45 into play and Andrei Puxon plays Mass Reality to bump them up. Stealth Bleed w/ Monkey Wrench for the oust and Permacept untap for blocking. Play Hell-for-Leather to get that 3rd strike with the Kpist.

Crypt [14 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 5 average: 2.64286

5x Anarch Convert 1 Caitiff:0
2x Andrei Puxon 5 ani cel chi for Ravnos:2
2x Black Cat 5 CEL pot pre Brujah:1
1x Demetrius Slater 4 aus cel pre Toreador:1
1x Itzahk Levine 3 cel pre Ventrue:2
1x Uma Hatch 3 cel pre Brujah:1
1x Antoinette DuChamp 1 cel pre Caitiff:2
1x Nik 1 cel Caitiff:1

Library [90 cards]

Action [26]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
8x Go Anarch
5x Mass Reality
12x Undue Influence

Action Modifier [10]
10x Monkey Wrench

Combat [20]
10x Flash
10x Hell-for-Leather

Equipment [9]
7x Kpist m/45
1x Pier 13, Port of Baltimore
1x Sport Bike

Master [19]
1x Al's Army Apparatus
1x Anarch Free Press, The
1x Blood Turnip
1x Club Illusion
1x Club Zombie
3x Effective Management
1x Hospital Food
1x KRCG News Radio
1x Metro Underground
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
1x Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
5x Tribute to the Master
1x WMRH Talk Radio

Reaction [5]
1x Car Bomb
4x Eluding the Arms of Morpheus

Retainer [1]
1x Mr. Winthrop

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Jan 18 18:03:38 2011]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2011 08:48 #650 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: K-Black Pux
Given the number of effects you have that cost blood (Eluding, Mass Reality, Monkey Wrench, Club Illusion, Rumour Mill) and the small capacity of your minions, I'm not sure if just Hospital Food and The Anarch Free Press is enough to deal with the blood management issues. House of Sorrows so you can double dip from one of these in a single turn might help you refill after a lunge might help, although it may not be enough.

Why the Go Anarchs? Other than possibly powering the Powerbase: Los Angles, they seem to serve no purpose given the Anarch Converts, and, with only 1 copy of the Powerbase, it's a lot of deck space devoted to a combination that's not always going to come up.

AFAICS, you can only get 1 stealth on any of your actions. No space for Anarch Railroad to help get the equip actions through? Power of One at pre is also an option for an extra stealth on the bleeds, although that's less of an issue if you've got the guns down.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
19 Jan 2011 14:04 #652 by XZealot
Replied by XZealot on topic Re: K-Black Pux
There is Club Zombie in there as well.

More
19 Jan 2011 14:55 #653 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: K-Black Pux
This deck seems like it's trying to do way too much but at the same time hope that it doesn't have a predator. Why stealth/bleed and a pile of expensive combat? Coupling those two alredy-at-odds strategies with almost no defense isn't something that makes sense to me.

What's the important part of this deck? I assume it's the expensive combat, given the name and first sentence of the description, but I shouldn't assume too much.

More
19 Jan 2011 15:18 #654 by XZealot
Replied by XZealot on topic Re: K-Black Pux
There is some intercept and actual untap (as opposed to wakes). I was thinking the guns would be used for intercept combat. The guns would be paid for via Undue Influence/Black Cat discount.

Do I die to obf dom? Probably, and quickly. I would try to out run the obf dome deck while not spending any pool on the guns.

Should I add a Filchwares? That will probably just put my discarded Kpists in on other players vampires.

More
19 Jan 2011 16:37 #657 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: K-Black Pux

There is some intercept and actual untap (as opposed to wakes).

a) You've got eight sources of permanent intercept in the deck, but that's out of 90 cards, and all but two of them get tapped when used, meaning that they're permaent from table-turn to table-turn but not during a given table-turn. In other words, if you tap one of the media outlets or Aranthebes during my first action, I don't need to worry about it for the rest of my turn, unlike Sport Bike or Winthrop. I've never seen tapping permanent intercept work; only stuff that can be used on one minion again and again (ie, Raven Spies) supplemented by the tappable permanents.

b) You've got four wakes, out of 90 cards. That's not enough for any deck that plans on playing wakes, but it's way too few if your plan is to defend your pool by blocking. If you really want to keep a 90-card library for an intercept/combat deck, start with 12 wakes and go from there.

I was thinking the guns would be used for intercept combat. The guns would be paid for via Undue Influence/Black Cat discount.

Okay. I think if you're using the UI to pay for guns, you're not going to have enough vampires in play to oust your prey.

Do I die to obf dom? Probably, and quickly. I would try to out run the obf dome deck while not spending any pool on the guns.

I think this deck dies to stealth/anything, really. And given the massive blood costs on your cards, I doubt you're going to be able to outrun your predator more than once, if at all.

Should I add a Filchwares? That will probably just put my discarded Kpists in on other players vampires.

I think you should be thinking more about the core concept here than worrying about stuff like that while it's still a rough draft. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds