file Malk 94

22 Sep 2014 06:56 #65648 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Malk 94
This is a fairly straightforward concept. If you have time to test it, cut it to 60 cards, removing optional stuff and preserving card ratios. Then, add optional stuff if that would help in your meta, tweak ratios without removing cards and think of modules, that would improve your deck.

For this kind of S&B, you are generally ok with 1 GtU+1 bleed mod.+1 stealth card. So, multiply by 10 and you have half of your deck already. You can think, how many times will you govern down, and add additional GtU, like 3-4. 33 cards so far. 4-ish untaps+deflections - 41. You still have like 12 MPA slots. For all your concept cares, you can add 12 Sudden Reversals to cancel Villeins and the like. 53 now. And you still have some slots for imagination. Giant's Blood and Pentex Subversion are auto-includes for me, Secure Haven to keep fighting chance if you have combat decks around. Such core module would essentially guarantee ability to win the table. All you have to worry about since this point is how to deal with hate/survive. And you have quite a few slots to deal with it.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2014 14:52 #65659 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Malk 94

The deck looks fine to me. You could cut it to 80 carts, but don't do anything Rev said.

I take 50% offense to the notion of slimming the deck (which I suggested) and ignoring me.

Also, repeating more of what I said and clipping blood dolls.

Bottom line is Malk 94 is all about removing beads from the pool of the player to your left before anyone leaves you with 0 minions. So, in this cornercase occurance, vessel > blood doll, as it deprives a way for your prey to gain pool. Wash is similar, but not as obviously more aggressive. GB is barely needed to fill yoir vamps, because by 7 beads being gone your 7 cap is likely in the dirt and or turned 5 of those beads into 12 pool damage, but stopping a way for others to gain pool by playing your GB is good.

Command of the beast is a free way to turn your 6 bleed into 7 and throw off math. Dont spam them, but 2 is viable, more than many other cards are. I run Ozmo, and hes been worthwhile, I also run watenda, because sometimes a combat cockroach who gets bleeds of one through is what you need.

Reacting that doesnt bounce bleeds is questionable, since you exist to oust, preferably starting with your prey, and stopping a KRC is not as important as having another +3 bleed in hand. Dreams is cool, it contests and gets you cards, both are good.
Running things other than oust enablers is always what you have to think on. Is a graverobbing, a muddled hunter, and a childing muse better than 3 fewer cards? Maybe not. No Trace is handy sometimes, meta deictating its need. If imbued are always everywhere, still the mortal flesh might make sense.

Make a deck that ousts good.

Dont skimp on spying missions.

Add other stuff as you feel you need for your meta.

If you get >75 cards, take out more stuff.

More
22 Sep 2014 15:09 - 22 Sep 2014 15:58 #65662 by Drizmo
Replied by Drizmo on topic Re: Malk 94

Need a bit of cutdown. Remove all situational cards and keep just that ones that focus your deck strength: Heavy bleed with stealth. I'll make you a sample cutdown to 75 cards trying to keep only the most usefull and versatile cards for get a better flow.

Vampires (12):
1 Laurent de Valois, cap 4, dom, obf
1 Roland Bishop, cap 4, dom, obf
1 Badr al-Budur, cap 5, dom, OBF
1 Count Ormonde, cap 5, dom, OBF
1 Didi Meyers, cap 5, DOM, obf
1 Zebulon, cap 5, dom, OBF
2 Reverend Blackwood, cap 6, DOM, obf
2 Gilbert Duane, cap 7, DOM, OBF
2 Mariel, Lady Thunder, cap 7, DOM, OBF

Library (75 cards)
Master cards(11):
1 Anarch Troublemaker This card is amazing in overwhelming decks, but situational on yours.
1 Barrens, The
4 Blood Doll You need blood for your minions, but you can get it from other cards.
1 Coven, The
1 Direct Intervention Cool card, but I think you have enuf defense with Deflection/Delaying. Too situational on your Deck.
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Giant's Blood
1 Misdirection Same as Anarch Troublemaker. Keep it if you find a lot of DOM bouncers in your meta.
1 Pentex(TM) Subversion
4 Wash
+1 Jake Washington - Need blood? Jake. Someone Rush you? Jake. Great card on all decks that spend a lot of blood.

Actions (16):
16 Govern the Unaligned - You need 1 in every action of every minion

Combo (2):
2 Swallowed by the Night

Reaction cards(16):
8 Deflection
2 Delaying Tactics
6 On the Qui Vive
4 Wake with Evening's Freshness Play just On the qui Vive. All your minions can bounce and it's better to replace a card

Action Modifier(30):
4 Bonding
4 Cloak the Gathering
8 Conditioning
4 Elder Impersonation
4 Faceless Night
2 Foreshadowing Destruction
4 Lost in Crowds
4 Spying Mission
1 Veil the Legions

Allies(0):
1 Muddled Vamire Hunter - You need to focus

Last edit: 22 Sep 2014 15:58 by Drizmo.

More
23 Sep 2014 04:33 - 23 Sep 2014 04:35 #65688 by schabowski
Replied by schabowski on topic Re: Malk 94
Ok,thank you.
I will have a look at your advices how to reduce the card size of the deck.
I will take out the Muddled Vampre Hunter.
Should I include Secure Haven?
Would you play Blood Doll or Vessel?
Would you play Sudden Reversal or Wash?
What do you think about Bonding?
I could play 2 additional Conditioning and 2 Seduction instead of 4 Bonding.
In order to play Jake Washington I should include Vessel,don't I?
Yeah,maybe the Fragment of the book of Nod is a good idea.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2014 04:35 by schabowski.

More
23 Sep 2014 10:37 #65696 by Drizmo
Replied by Drizmo on topic Re: Malk 94

Ok,thank you.
I will have a look at your advices how to reduce the card size of the deck.
I will take out the Muddled Vampre Hunter.
Should I include Secure Haven? VTES Deckbuilding is all about your metagame. If you feel like you need it badly add it. As a general rule, I allways test the deck with the minium of situational cards. Then I add just that ones that I really miss.
Would you play Blood Doll or Vessel? This is personal preference. I would say your deck works better with Blood Doll, so you can play and bleed with a minion that your oponent expected to hunt. Add it just if you have troubles with the blood management.
Would you play Sudden Reversal or Wash? Wash. And use it wisely.
What do you think about Bonding? I like it for your deck. 4 is a good number IMO
I could play 2 additional Conditioning and 2 Seduction instead of 4 Bonding. I would say no. Why? Focus. Seduction is a Powerbleed card.
In order to play Jake Washington I should include Vessel,don't I? I would say no. Why? You can let your minions to 0 blood with Govern Conditioning Elder Deflection Delaying... Just play the cards wisely.
Yeah,maybe the Fragment of the book of Nod is a good idea. If with the cutdown you still having troubles with the flow when no one blocks you add it.

More
23 Sep 2014 14:13 #65704 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: Malk 94
You've probably already seen this deck, but here is a Malk 94 deck that is very focused:

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=3250

I like your crypt better, but I would add 1x Greger for 1x Rev Blackwood.

Only keep 1x of each unique master card, possibly adding Info Hwy. Shutting down Villeins and Giant's Blood is more important than Blood Dolls, so use Sudden Reversals. I'd consider Dark Influences over Direct Intervention--once in play, people can't thwart your actions as easily.

Other than that, just cut back a few cards till you get to 70-75. You don't need Delaying Tactics. Improved titles, bleed bounce, and DI2 is sufficient defense.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds