file Newbie: Malkavian Antitribu Vote

29 Jan 2015 02:02 #68921 by Radiodragon
Deck Name: Malkavian Antitribu Vote
Author:
Description:

Crypt (Capacity min=3 max=10 avg=6.5; 12 cards)
==================================================

2x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
2x General Perfidio Díos 5 dem obf AUS !Malkavian:3
2x Hannibal 10 cel dom AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
2x Imogen 9 obf pro vic AUS DEM !Malkavian:2
1x Marie Faucigny 7 dem tha AUS OBF !Malkavian:3
2x Roger Farnsworth 4 aus OBF !Malkavian:3
1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2

Library (60 cards)
=====================

Master (15 cards)
4x Blood Doll
2x Guru
1x Information Highway
1x Institution Hunting Ground
1x Legendary Vampire
1x Malkavian Game
1x Minion Tap
1x Powerbase: Chicago
2x Powerbase: Madrid
1x Rack, The

Action (1 cards)
1x Mind of a Child

Political Action (16 cards)
1x Ancient Influence
1x Cardinal Benediction
1x Crusade: Amsterdam
1x Crusade: Chicago
1x Crusade: Miami
10x Kine Resources Contested
1x Peace Treaty

Equipment (3 cards)
2x Cooler
1x Palatial Estate

Ally (2 cards)
2x Escaped Mental Patient

Action Modifier (10 cards)
4x Forgotten Labyrinth
4x Lost in Crowds
2x Telepathic Vote Counting

Reaction (10 cards)
4x Forced Awakening
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (3 cards)
3x Coma

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4c. (Jan 29, 2015 04:42:30)

Hello!

Long story short I just got into this game a short time ago, and I have been attempting to get some friends hooked as well. As such it was requested that I build a politics oriented deck for !Malkavians. From what I understand this is a very basic set up. It will use KRC+stealth to oust prey, stay in the game by way of Telepathic Misdirection and bloating. The Comas and escaped mental patients are there in case I can't avoid or deflect combat. Anything else is there to support the main idea. I am working with a limited card pool (Black Hand Starter Deck Box + Plus some support cards that I haven't properly sorted) which is why I kept the Library at 60 cards, but I am willing to spring for the odd single here or there if there is something that I absolutely have to have.

Any insights would be very much appreciated, and thanks for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2015 07:37 #68924 by Whisker
Hi!
1. !Malks are not exactly known for being voters, but can do ok.
2. Black Hand starter box is pretty horrible card pool to build effective vote deck from, but let’s work with what you got.

Let’s start with your crypt. Your main voters are all rather big and you have very limited crypt acceleration (1x info highway). Drop one of Hannibal and Imogen each and replace them with Korah (priscus) and Kite (Bishop, +1 intercept). Dolphin Black, you’re paying 6 pool for a girl with no title. Drop her, and replace one copy with extra Kite or Korah. For the second copy, if you’re not aversed to mixing clans consider Olivia (5cap Bishop, OBF) from !Nosferatu starter. If clan purity is an issue, use Boy Toy. 2 cap mook if always useful.

Then library, 60 cards is good. Unless you have a deck that really burns trough cards (heavy combat etc.), you should always make your deck as slim as possible. Less cards you have, the higher the probability to draw them when you need them.

Vote package seem ok, 10 KRC should give you oust or two. If you have access to other damaging votes, you should still consider swapping a few KRCs, so that a single delaying tactics won’t ruin your turn. I question the need for peace treaty, but that’s a meta game thing. If you have lot’s of guns keep it.

You have practically no vote push (2x telepathic + 2x Madrid) and with !Malks disciplines there’s precious little to have. Private audience stops non-sabbat from voting, consider adding a few. This of course depends on your meta. If your play group only have sabbat cards don’t bother, but if there are any camarilla or if you ever attend a tournament, the card can earn its slot.

You should diversify your stealth package a bit. Replace 2 labyrinths with elder impersonations from !nosferatu starter and 2 lost in crowds with cloak the gatherings or faceless nights. Swallowed by night from !Nosferatu starter are nice as they can double as combat defense if need be. Your pang per card decreases a bit but being able to play many different stealth cards in one action can help with the card flow.

Mind of the child is a cute card to build deck around but does nothing to you here except cost three blood. Coolers and estate can be funny with Marie Faucigny, but usually you’re better of with normal hunt action. Dropping those gives you 4 slots (-4 cards). Escaped mental patients are funny, but need some building around. Either drop them or add a few rötschrecks from !tremere starter. Use patient’s for blocking, activate the aggravated damage specialty and play rötscheck. Combat end’s, enemy vampire goes torpor and patient does not burn. (-2 / +2 cards)

Coma’s are very costly and are best played when blocking, after you have seen what your opponents strike is. So either drop ‘em or concentrate more on blocking. (-3 cards / +-0) You should probably add a few Under Sieges from pdf set Dance Macabre, available on this page’s side bar under official expansion sets. (+2 cards).

If you go blocking route, some guns and concealed/disguised weapons would be nice. Providing you have them .44 magnum is the best all-around weapon available. 3 guns + 2 concealed (+5 cards).

Your master selection is bit large for a 60 card deck. And if you add those rötschrecks things even worse. Drop hunting ground and Malkavian Game (-2 cards). The game is too much a hit or miss and you have enough blood gain from guru’s and rack.

So in total:
if you keep patients and comas 63 cards, 15 masters
drop patients, but keep comas 61 cards, 13 masters
keep patients, drop comas 60, 15 masters
drop both 56 cards 13 masters, 4 free slots. Add some stealth and/or bleed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radiodragon

More
29 Jan 2015 20:22 - 29 Jan 2015 20:24 #68941 by Radiodragon
Hey, thanks for responding! Alright, I rearranged the Crypt, and cut much of what you recommended. I added 2 more Telepathic Vote Countings and an Aura of Invincibility for more vote push, diversified my stealth package like you said, and added Kindred Spirits and Eyes of Chaos for more bleed. I'm considering Rumors of Gehenna/The Parthenon to for the extra master phase action.

Crypt (Capacity min=3 max=10 avg=6.08; 12 cards)
===================================================

2x General Perfidio Díos 5 dem obf AUS !Malkavian:3
1x Hannibal 10 cel dom AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Imogen 9 obf pro vic AUS DEM !Malkavian:2
1x Kite 7 obf pre AUS DEM !Malkavian:2
2x Korah 7 ani AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Marie Faucigny 7 dem tha AUS OBF !Malkavian:3
1x Olivia 5 vic OBF POT !Nosferatu:2
2x Roger Farnsworth 4 aus OBF !Malkavian:3
1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2

Library (60 cards)
=====================

Master (13 cards)
4x Blood Doll
2x Guru
1x Information Highway
1x Legendary Vampire
1x Minion Tap
1x Powerbase: Chicago
2x Powerbase: Madrid
1x Rack, The

Action (3 cards)
3x Kindred Spirits

Political Action (15 cards)
1x Ancient Influence
1x Ancilla Empowerment
1x Cardinal Benediction
1x Crusade: Amsterdam
1x Crusade: Chicago
1x Crusade: Miami
8x Kine Resources Contested
1x Reins of Power

Action Modifier (19 cards)
1x Aura of Invincibility
2x Cloak the Gathering
2x Elder Impersonation
4x Eyes of Chaos
2x Faceless Night
2x Forgotten Labyrinth
2x Lost in Crowds
4x Telepathic Vote Counting

Reaction (10 cards)
4x Forced Awakening
6x Telepathic Misdirection
Last edit: 29 Jan 2015 20:24 by Radiodragon.

More
30 Jan 2015 09:03 #68954 by kombainas
I was thinking about building a voting !Malk deck for a while. I would suggest g3-4 or g4-5 !Malks with presence. Then you would at least be on par with other voting decks. Those vamps should be cheap and you would get access to a more versatile S:CE and poolgain.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
30 Jan 2015 09:25 #68955 by alek
agree. If you want to build !malkavian voting deck g.3-4 is much better. The best vamipres for this kind of deck from those groups are:
Alicia Barrows
Louhi (awesome special!!)
Marie Faucigny
Stavros
also, if you don't care about sabbat, Lutz Von Hohenzollern is just HUUUUUGE.
and if you don't use dementation a lot Orlando Oriundus is very good choice as well.
Below you can find my crypts for three different political decks using sabbat malkavians:

1. Only Sabbat - uses Public Vilification
Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 28, Max: 40, Avg: 8,66)
2 Alicia Barrows AUS DEM OBF POT PRE9 Malkavian Antitribu
4 Louhi ANI AUS DEM OBF pro THA10 Malkavian Antitribu
2 Marie Faucigny dem tha AUS OBF7 Malkavian Antitribu
2 Orlando Oriundus obf AUS DOM THA9 Tremere Antitribu
2 Stavros dem AUS OBF PRE7 Malkavian Antitribu

2. Mixed sabbat and camarilla - uses a lot of presence
Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 28, Max: 44, Avg: 9,33)
1 Adana de Sforza aus CEL OBF POT PRE PRO11 Brujah
2 Alicia Barrows AUS DEM OBF POT PRE9 Malkavian Antitribu
4 Lutz Von Hohenzollern pot AUS DEM OBF PRE11 Malkavian
1 Quentin King III AUS DEM obf pre7 Malkavian
1 Rafael de Corazon AUS CEL DOM OBF PRE11 Toreador
3 Stavros dem AUS OBF PRE7 Malkavian Antitribu

3. Sabbat only - uses a lot of creation rites and Consanguineous Boons
Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 15, Max: 40, Avg: 7.08)
1 Alicia Barrows AUS DEM OBF POT PRE9 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Bloodfeud obf 2 Malkavian Antitribu
2 Fabrizia Contreraz dem pot 4 Malkavian Antitribu
4 Louhi ANI AUS DEM OBF pro THA10 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Luc dem vic OBF 5 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Marie Faucigny dem tha AUS OBF7 Malkavian Antitribu
2 Stavros dem AUS OBF PRE7 Malkavian Antitribu

More
31 Jan 2015 05:35 #68968 by Radiodragon
@Alek Thanks! I'll certainly take a look at those groups of Malks. For the moment though I am trying to work with what I have so I can get a better feel for the game, and so that my friends and I have a couple of different decks to play with.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds