file Dark Libertas

24 Jan 2011 19:05 - 24 Jan 2011 19:06 #755 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Dark Libertas

Libertas stacks, you know. I would pick a second Libertas over Regarhagan's Hold.

Nice to know, but currently I am content with the 2 Libertas and 2 Narrow Minds.

Currently I am more worried about how to
  • conserve blood on the vampires, and/or
  • improve the defense of the deck, and/or
  • increase the speed of the deck.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2011 19:06 by extrala.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2011 21:25 - 24 Jan 2011 21:26 #760 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: Dark Libertas
I've also been harrassed by massive bounce. :whistle:

Two Wrongs is a winner. Really.

And I really came to like Blood of Sandman (superior, of course).
6 stealth is hard to block, and the vampire with this card is unlikely to take any actions. :evil:
Last edit: 24 Jan 2011 21:26 by Amenophobis.

More
26 Jan 2011 23:39 #818 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Dark Libertas
I would recommend dropping the crimethink angle. Play more wakes and you'll be fine.

I'm unfamiliar with how to quote properly in this forum, so I'll just go for it.

I'm not thrilled about a lot of the crypt because of missing DEM or OBF. To keep the concept and make things flow more smoothly, I recommend -1 Preston, +1 convert.

Drop the club and Coven as they work better for weenie bleed, not fatty bounce/blood denial. Zillah's isn't that great, I'd drop it for another Info Highway and some Dreams. If you were sporting bounce yourself, I'd use some DIs to further hose your prey.

For actions, drop Blithe Acceptance, Keystone Kine and Go Anarch. Maybe a couple Dive into Madness and Kindred Spirits could go here. The Call might be good if the crypt distribution was better. As-is, Madman's Quill could go here.

For action mods, Lost in Crowds and Into Thin Air don't play well together. Drop Monkey Wrench for Confusion or Eyes of Chaos. Faceless Night and SBTN could fit in somewhere.

For defense, I'd throw in some OtQV and Confusion of the Eye.

Is there really much reason to go anarch at this point? I'm having trouble seeing a compelling reason with all this Dementation, which doesn't gain hardly anything from being anarch. Smash and Grab? I dunno.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
27 Jan 2011 08:06 - 27 Jan 2011 08:08 #827 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Dark Libertas

Is there really much reason to go anarch at this point? I'm having trouble seeing a compelling reason with all this Dementation, which doesn't gain hardly anything from being anarch. Smash and Grab? I dunno.

What your basically saying is "play a Dementation/Obfuscate bleed deck", which of course is the stronger deck. But that was not the point of the original deck.

The big caps were in the deck because I was under the assumption that Libertas is working only against younger vampires and at some point library space became sparse, so the +1 stealth came in handy for reducing the number of stealth cards required.

But in principal you might have a point in just using a regular Kindred Spirits deck with a number of Anarch Converts added (replacing some duplicate vampires in the crypt) and adding 2-3 Libertas and Narrow Minds for building a deck with sufficient bleed bounce punishment.

Quoting in the forum is quite simple: Either use the "Quote" button instead of "Reply" button when replying to a message. Or you use the \[quote\] \[\\quote\] tags around a particular text.
Last edit: 27 Jan 2011 08:08 by extrala.

More
27 Jan 2011 08:42 #830 by BeAst
Replied by BeAst on topic Re: Dark Libertas
I've tried pairing Libertas with Conrad Adoula and Narrow Minds for serious bounce discouragement.

The other thing I've tried is the opposite, by running lots of terra incognita in laibon decks.

One works forwards, one back. Sadly they're mutually exclusive.

More
27 Jan 2011 15:52 - 27 Jan 2011 16:01 #842 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Dark Libertas
You could do weenie group 3-4 malks/!Malks with some of the following cards...

Heidelberg
Anarch Manifesto
J.S., Tasha
Smash and Grab
Anarch Railroad
Wrong and Crosswise
Final Loosening
Libertas
Narrow Minds
Touch of Clarity

This way, you get weenies bleeding for ~3 at stealth. The same anti-bounce hijinx, just less costly.

EDIT:
Oh, and don't forget Mind of a Killer and/or Haunting to mess with blood.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 27 Jan 2011 16:01 by brandonsantacruz.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds