file Ropecon 2012 Finnish ECQ tournament, Friday July 27th

29 Jun 2012 07:45 #32606 by jhattara

fwiw Here are my most recent Rapid Thought rules:

Using pretty much those, except for the Tournament Point chart. Thanks for the seating chart. I had misplaced my copy of that.
    VPs       TPs/K      TPs/J
   -----      -----      -----
  3/ 0 /0     10/1/1     8/2/2
2.5/ 0 /0     10/1/1     8/2/2
  2/ 1 /0      8/3/1     8/3/1
  2/0.5/0      9/2/1     8/3/1
  2/ 0 /0     10/1/1     8/2/2
1.5/ 1 /0      7/3/2     6/4/2
1.5/0.5/0      6/4/2     6/4/2
1.5/ 0 /0      6/3/3     6/3/3
  1/ 1 /1      4/4/4     4/4/4
  1/ 1 /0.5    5/5/2     5/5/2
  1/ 1 /0      5/5/2     5/5/2
  1/0.5/0.5    6/3/3     6/3/3
  1/0.5/0      6/4/2     6/4/2
0.5/0.5/0.5    4/4/4     4/4/4

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2012 15:16 #33186 by Lönkka
A couple of things of note:

-This year will probably be the last one where we can hand out promos in large quantities like there's no tomorrow. These will only be available for ECQ participants and not available in draft/rapid thought.

-I just sorted enough promos for 100 players and these will go to the players that registered first. Remember that you can and, well, should register in advance so email Petri () with your name and VEKN number (if you have one and know it).

There are 49 different promos available and if we get less than ninetysomething players the number will be upped to 52, so there would thus be a promo for each week while you count the days to Ropecon 2013...

-We also have enough qualification t-shirts for a 100 player tournament. If worst comes to worst, and we actually need more shirts due to humongous attendance, people who have already qualified and received a qualifier shirt will be ignored when we hand out the shirts.

We have several sizes available. Please note that the sizes are not really accurate as shirts are a size larger than what they claim (S=M, M=L etc).

-We also do have a problem regarding the shirts as they were not free and we can't charge people for attending the event at Ropecon

Because of this we have been putting aside an euro per player in each Helsinki and Tampere tournaments to cover the costs. This was also done at the Nationals and the draft organized the day before it. I'd like to thank the tournament organizers as well as frequent players, expecially those who travelled to other cities to play, for helping out on this -you guys are the greatest!

Unfortunately we're still somewhat short. The exact sum isn't known yet, but I'd estmate it'll be around 100 euros. We were planning on using the prize support vouchers the con will probably be handing out to the tournament for paying the shirts but that most likely won't be nearly enough.

So in light of this I'd like to propose that during the tournament each player can make a voluntary donation, for the sum that they deem fit, to get a VTES-pin. If everyone does this, 50 cents or 1 euro should be enough.

All donations will go to pay the shirts and if we happen get extra money this way this will be used to "free" prize support vouchers for prize support.

-After this evening, I probably won't be chacking this forum or my emails before the the morning the ECQ is held. So I might be kinda hard to reach. Which shouldn't be a problem since you should easily be able to reach the actual organizer, Petri -I'm just the henchman...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 Jul 2012 05:04 - 24 Jul 2012 06:21 #33708 by PetriWessman
Quick note: my mail server was a bit glitchy for a day there (Monday afternoon + night, Finnish time) -- just noticed the problem and fixed it. If you sent me email but didn't get a reply, please resend.

-Petri
Last edit: 24 Jul 2012 06:21 by PetriWessman.

More
26 Jul 2012 06:35 #33852 by PetriWessman
I'll be accepting pre-registrations until *about* 14:00 on Friday (FInnish local time), after which I'll be going offline and heading towards the Con area. If you don't receive an email confirmation from me (and/or see your name on the prereg list on the web page), assume that I didn't get it and do your best to turn up at the Con by 17:30. :)

More
01 Aug 2012 17:21 #34105 by PetriWessman
I'll be posting a proper tournament report (with all finalist deck lists and final round transcript) within a few weeks, but since people requested a quick "who won?" posting, here goes :)

We had 71 players, and the finals had:

• Otso Saariluoma (3 GW, 11 VP)
  • Tomi Sillanpää (2 GW, 10 VP)
  • Randal Rudstam (2 GW, 9 VP)
  • Michael Holmström (2 GW, 9 VP)
  • Aleksi Nuora (2 GW, 9 VP)

The win went to Randal Rudstam, grats! (so yes, the Finnish tournament win went to Sweden, for the second time :).

His deck list is:

Deck Name: Gubbarna
Author:
Description:
A bleed deck that I tweaked for the RopeCon meta by using less bleed and more stealth and reaction cards.

Original Stefan Karlsson, lates uppdate from who I tweaked the deck Alexander Båskman

Crypt (Capacity min=10 max=11 avg=10.5; 12 cards)
====================================================

3x Arika 11 aus cel DOM FOR OBF PRE Ventrue:2
1x Esau 10 AUS DEM DOM OBF PRE Malkavian:3
1x Etrius 11 pro AUS DOM OBF THA Tremere:2
4x Huitzilopochtli 10 AUS DAI DOM OBF PRE POT Baali:2
1x Leandro 11 cel dom AUS OBF PRE Malkavian:2
1x Nefertiti 10 cel pot DOM OBF PRE SER Follower of Set:2
1x Ur-Shulgi, The Shepherd 11 aus CEL DOM OBF QUI THA Assamite:2

Library (72 cards)
=====================

Master (30 cards)
6x Ashur Tablets
1x Coven, The
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Golconda: Inner Peace
2x Information Highway
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
1x Metro Underground
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
6x Villein
6x Zillah's Valley

Event (1 cards)
1x Anthelios, The Red Star

Action (7 cards)
2x Entrancement
3x Intimidation
1x Mind Rape
1x Unleash Hell's Fury

Political Action (1 cards)
1x Banishment

Action Modifier (18 cards)
1x Cloak the Gathering
2x Conditioning
3x Elder Impersonation
1x Enkil Cog
3x Faceless Night
1x Foreshadowing Destruction
1x Into Thin Air
5x Lost in Crowds
1x Spying Mission

Reaction (10 cards)
2x Deflection
2x Eyes of Argus
4x Obedience
2x On the Qui Vive

Combo (5 cards)
2x Force of Personality
1x Hide the Mind
2x Murmur of the False Will

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Aug 1, 2012 22:21:14)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds