file [Vtes European Grand Prix Circuit] a.k.a VEG

04 Oct 2017 08:50 #83722 by TapeTaChatte
Dear fellow Methuselahs,

The VEKN, the Inner Circle, the National Coordinators and all tournament organizers involved are proud to introduce you the V:TES European Grand Prix Circuit 2017/2018, also known as the VEG for those who like acronyms.

The VEG is a circuit where you can get
great prizes for winning,
get exclusive surprises,
get ranking points,
get direct qualification for events,

but above all, gather 5 great tournaments in a general circuit for a lot of additional fun.

In general, when referring to a circuit, we are thinking:
- Common structure
- Global ranking
- Exclusive rewards

I’ll now introduce the places where we are all going to have fun in Europe during the years 2017/2018, and then I’ll explain you precisely what you will be able to get at the tournaments.

I also want to tell you that we are doing an announcement now so that everybody can anticipate those tournaments, even if all details are not carved in stone or decided yet. It will give you a generic idea of what we are aiming at with the VEG.

Bologna – Italy (9 and 10th of December 2017)
The Italian V:tES Community is glad to invite you at the first Grand Prix ever held in Italy. The tournament will be organized in Bologna, a great city in the northern part of the country, on December 9th and 10th. On Saturday, 9th, a Standard Constructed tournament with some special prizes will be run. On Sunday, 10th will be held the Grand Prix.
Bologna is a destination for Ryanair flight. If you are planning a short vacation, you are 1 hour away from Florence and Venice, 2 from Milan and less than 4 from Rome (by train).

The local community is already choosing the best location for the tournament and a selection of suitable accommodations. Keep track for Simone’s announcement, coming very soon.

Brussels (to be confirmed) – Belgium (February 2018 – to be confirmed)

When you think V:tES, you can’t miss Belgium in the background picture, especially as a Nosferatu. As travelers, they set foot on every European championship since the beginning of the game. As hosts, they will now get the chance to show you with the legendary Belgian hospitality, fifth tradition.
Come and discover the wonderful Belgian life, have great time playing during a whole week-end in a great Belgian city. Brussels is not confirmed yet but I know that we will have more details soon, and it’s going to be great.

Madrid (in fact Alcala de Henares) – Spain (28th and 29th April 2018) – The Iberico GP
Organized by the coordinators of Spain and Portugal of V:EKN, the cultural association Alcala nocturnal and sponsored by the store Alcala comics and the city council of the city of Alcala de Henares.
Alcala de Henares, a World Heritage City, is a central town located 30 kilometers from Madrid, the capital of Spain.

The tournament will be held on Saturday 28th in its format prix, in addition to another tournament on Sunday 29th if the attendance is important enough.

The cultural center "La galatea" hosts both tournaments. This cultural center is located just 500 meters from the commercial park "Atenea"

Helsinki Ropecon – Finland (end of July 2018 – date to be confirmed)
The Helsinki Grand Prix is held at Ropecon gaming convention which is the largest gaming convention in Finland (and Europe's largest convention organized by volunteers) with around 4000 people having a non-stop experience of all things gaming related during one weekend.
Ropecon has it all: lectures, presentations, discussions, RPGs, LARPs, card-, board and miniature gaming. Both casual and competitive tournaments. The overall feel to the convention is extremely casual and approachable.

Attendance fee for the whole weekend has been around 40 euros and daily passes around 25 euros. The convention also offers free accommodation in the form of large hall where you can sleep in your own sleeping bag so budget attendance is possible.
The VTES tournament in Ropecon has traditionally been second only to European Championships in attendance, often with more or less just Finnish players. And besides the big tournament, a draft tournament has been also run during one the other convention days.

Budapest (to be confirmed) – Hungary (date to be confirmed)
Budapest has been home to the first Grand Prix of history, and, as such, we would not leave the first VEG without them.
As for now, we don’t really know exactly where and when the tournament will be held, but giving the two wonderful European Championships in Budapest, and the successful Grand Prix organized there, I can only prepare myself for a huge experience next year.
More details to come.

OK That’s cool to have a circuit, but what is the benefit of the VEG?
For months, the VEKN, with the help of organizers, has given deep thoughts about how to give players a real great experience during each Grand Prix weekends. Here is the list of things you will be able to win during the Grand Prix season.

Through each Grand Prix
- Exclusive prizes for each Grand Prix that will complement each other
- Points for the Grand Prix ranking,
- Points for the VEKN ranking, Grand Prix will each have the level of ECQ as for points obtained,
- Winner to be qualified for the Grand Prix final which will be held during the European Championship in Warsaw,
- Winner to be invited for the entrance fee of EC and qualified for legendary vampire tournament (if any) and EC day 2 directly.

Through the global ranking and the participation
As previously said, players will be qualified for the GP final if they win a Grand Prix. As a Grand Prix Final must have 5 players, if a player win 2 GP or if some winners are not in Warsaw, the final will be completed with the best players in the global GP ranking.
The finals will give
- Exclusive prizes to all finalists
- A great prize for the winner
- A crypt card representing him/her for the winner of the final

In addition, there will be a special – and hopefully very nice prize – for all players that will attend the 5 Grand Prix and the players ranked 1 to 10 in the VEG ranking overall.

Ranking will be given as such:
Winner 25 points
Finalists 15 points
6th: 10 points
7th: 9 points
8th: 8 points
9th: 7 points
10th: 6 points
all other participants: 3 points

You get the general idea of what we are trying to do here. I hope everything will run smoothly this year, and I’ll add more detail from now on, so please follow us on the different VEKN pages to get updated on the tournaments.

Best regards
TTC_master, Inner circle in charge of Tournament coordination.

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2017 21:25 #84675 by Lönkka

Helsinki Ropecon – Finland (end of July 2018 – date to be confirmed)
The Helsinki Grand Prix is held at Ropecon gaming convention which is the largest gaming convention in Finland (and Europe's largest convention organized by volunteers) with around 4000 people having a non-stop experience of all things gaming related during one weekend.
Ropecon has it all: lectures, presentations, discussions, RPGs, LARPs, card-, board and miniature gaming. Both casual and competitive tournaments. The overall feel to the convention is extremely casual and approachable.

Attendance fee for the whole weekend has been around 40 euros and daily passes around 25 euros. The convention also offers free accommodation in the form of large hall where you can sleep in your own sleeping bag so budget attendance is possible.
The VTES tournament in Ropecon has traditionally been second only to European Championships in attendance, often with more or less just Finnish players. And besides the big tournament, a draft tournament has been also run during one the other convention days.

Ropecon has FINALLY announced their 2018 date for the 25th Ropecon and it is July 27th to 29th.

Traditionally the VTES tournament has been organized on Friday but we're pondering about moving it Saturday in order to gain more international attendance.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Kraus

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Jan 2018 10:29 #84696 by TapeTaChatte
that might be a good idea, although I am not sure how much it would change attendance. I'll probably try to come the same way if it's on friday or if it's in saturday, for example

More
04 Jan 2018 12:08 - 04 Jan 2018 12:09 #84729 by Lönkka
To gauge demand I posted three days ago in the Swedish VTES FB forum a poll about the preferred day as we've traditionally had some half a dozen Swedes participating and only once in a while a lone person from somewhere else (UK, USA, Denmark,France, Portugal spring at least to mind).

It had the following options:
a) I'll participate whatever the weekday
b) Won't partticipate in any case
c) Only Friday is good for me
d) Only Saturday is good for me

All six answers so far are A, with one of them being from a player who I don't recall having attended previously. Also one foreigner (and a limey at that) also sneaking in... ;)

I'll post the same poll in the VTES World and VTES Finland FB groups in any moment to check the more international, as well as wider local view on the matter. We did ask the opinion of the last year's Ropecon ECQ participants and I seem to recall that vast overwhelming majority were also OK with either Friday or Saturday.

Last edit: 04 Jan 2018 12:09 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
23 Jan 2018 09:19 #85022 by Lönkka
Poll has now been in the VTES World (as wellas VTES Finland) for some days.

www.facebook.com/groups/128015020739575/

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
08 Feb 2018 08:17 #85255 by TapeTaChatte
Thanks to some contact from our favourite finnish NC,
I am pleased to happy that Ultrapro is to give away prize supports in the future Grand Prix. It's likely going to start in Brussels or Madrid.

All those prizes will be given for free in addition to any already provided prizes.

Best regards, hope to see you on a GP

TTC

The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Ankha, Ezra

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds