file TWD Jann Berger's "A" is for Alacrity, Los Angeles, CA (16 Feb. 2013)

22 Feb 2013 15:22 #45470 by Jeff Kuta
Three of the same HG seems excessive. Why not add a Giant's Blood? Blood Puppy? ;)

I'd think a few Eyes of Argus might help, but it almost looked like you are intentionally going Old School with your crypt and library. Not many cards past the Sabbat expansion.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2013 17:51 #45472 by AaronC

Three of the same HG seems excessive. Why not add a Giant's Blood? Blood Puppy? ;)

I'd think a few Eyes of Argus might help, but it almost looked like you are intentionally going Old School with your crypt and library. Not many cards past the Sabbat expansion.

This deck was built to feature the Asylum Hunting Ground card. I needed three in order to get the HG out reliably. I think I only ever discarded one HG in the course of three games. HG is better than Giant's Blood here because of the capacities of the vampires. I don't want any of my vampires to have to hunt - ever. A HG can help you win the war of attrition.

I don't like cards I have to defend from the entire table, such as Blood Puppy.

I don't play with Eyes of Argus because I only play with older cards. Admittedly it's a good card, but it's not required.

More
23 Feb 2013 04:09 - 23 Feb 2013 04:29 #45479 by AaronC
Final game report:

Edward McGlynn (Gr3/4 Ventrue vote/bleed/“Hostile Takeover” sleaze) ->
Robert Goudie (Gr3/4 !Ventrue mid-cap powerbleed) ->
Aaron Clark (Gr1/2 Malkavian wall w/Cornelius Ottavio) ->
Matt Wedge (Stanislava turbo) ->
David Tatu (Gr2/3 mid-cap !Malkavian stealth bleed)

Edward got off to a fast start bleeding and voting against Robert heavily. Robert chose to wait to bring out three guys at once, including Jephta Hester, and then started his Seducing/Daring the Dawn shenanigans. I got a first turn Brazil and started working on Cornelius and Zoe. Both Cornelius and Zoe ended up with Sniper Rifles. Matt worked on Stanislava. David got out Dolphin Black and another !Malk and started bleeding.

Edward got Robert really low on pool, but claimed to “make mistakes” that led to him not ousting Robert. Of course, that meant that Robert got to continue pounding me with his arsenal of !Ventrue tricks. Mistakes? I think not. David Suddened both Matt’s Villein and and his Abombwe(!), temporarily shutting Matt down (and coincidentally kept him in ousting range for me). Stanislava never turboed, even though she had the Soul Gem. I tried my best to protect my pool from Robert and to bleed forward with Corny and friends.

Edward’s deck was a joy of sleaze to watch. He played Hostile Takeover on Dolphin Black, making David pay a lot to keep her. (Plus it kept David in ousting range for me!) No third minion for David, but Edward had to find other ways to get himself into Parity Shift range. I guess that’s what Business Pressure is for, huh, Edward? Matt started to get a bit low on pool, and then I bounced a bleed for 6 from Robert into him that he couldn’t deal with. I was low, and Robert was fishing for the Daring the Dawn for his next bleed so he played Conditioning to cycle. I was out of options after the bounce, so luckily for me he didn’t have another DtD. I ousted Matt on my next turn. Despite his bluff, David didn’t have any bounce, so a bleed by Corny at +1 stealth removed his remaining 5 pool on the following round (Corny+ready non-Camarilla vampire+previous Spying Mission).

It was down to Edward, Robert, and me. Edward started preemptively vote-damaging me, but I still had to worry about Robert so I couldn’t block everything. Edward got him down to 1 pool but “couldn’t” oust him because of all the “mistakes” he was making. My mistake was not wrecking Robert when I had the chance. I played Antediluvian Awakening to force the issue. Edward ousts Robert the next round with a 1/3 KRC, but not before sleazily stealing Robert’s Earl with From a Sinking Ship. Things look bad for me as Edward has more pool with which to appease the Antediluvian and four scary Dawn-Daring, Majesty-untapping, Freak-Driving, Dominate-ing minions. We trade bleeds and I torp somebody with a Sniper Rifle. Then it comes: Mustafa the Heir bleeds for 6 with Daring the Dawn and I have only 5 pool and no one to bounce to. Edward is triumphant, but I am saved by a Telepathic Counter from Zoe and left with 1 pool. Edward is down to two ready minions with 1 blood each, no more library, and apparently no more Daring the Dawns or combat protection. Next round I burn Corny to save myself from the Antediluvian, and Edward concedes.

Edward, it was very close, man. You really should post that sleazy deck, although you need to put up an advisory warning that it shouldn’t be viewed by minors or those who do not wish to view such material.
Last edit: 23 Feb 2013 04:29 by AaronC.

More
23 Feb 2013 04:59 #45480 by direwolf
HAHAHA it's funny you called my deck "'Hostile Takeover' sleaze." I named my deck "Sleaze."

I just made it public on secretlibrary if anyone wants to take a look at it: Sleaze

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
24 Feb 2013 02:29 - 24 Feb 2013 02:30 #45490 by Adonai

When you make the hall of fame,

Four recorded wins including this weekends fine showing.....

Almost there .
Last edit: 24 Feb 2013 02:30 by Adonai.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds