times TWD-Prince of Karlsruhe BDay Bash, Karlsruhe, Germany-23rd Feb.2014

02 Mar 2014 09:57 #59541 by Kiddo

Does nobody play toolbox decks in your meta?

Sure they do. But I haven't seen in a while that a toolboxy deck with large vampires scores 2 GWs in a tournament, that's it.

The problem I have with a deck such as yours is that, for me, everything should work in theory, but it never does in practice. Yeah, I've gone to tournaments with political decks with large vampires (Tremeres/!Tremeres) and I had lots of stealth, and a moderate amount of bleed and it worked quite nice, but never could I successfully combine politics, stealth, bleed and offensive combat - my draws were always so skewered that I could never ever draw into a card that I need.

I mean, last tournament I went, I took very offensive political DoC deck, and I threw in both Dreams and Visits from the Capucin - even with all that and Yseult's special (meaning I had 10-13 cards in hand), i couldn't combine a 3-card 'combo' - a political card (any), a vote push (any) and a Voter Captivation.

That may be just my luck, but from my experience, I cannot see how a rather fragile toolbox deck such as yours can consistently win GWs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2014 07:36 #59589 by Jussi
I guess, that it's all about the art of holding cards and discarding.

For example, it's no good if you torporize a vampire when there are 4-5 players in a table. Now, if you have 2-3 players left, torporizing a vampire makes a bigger impact.

I'm not saying, that you should not use aggravated damage when there are 4-5 people in play. If you manage to torporize the single untapped minion of your prey who can play deflections, you have a good chance to oust him by bleeding (even if he had a wake in hand).

On the other hand, you can influence out a tupdog, discard Raking Talons and during next round have that tupdog vote KRC - who wants to block tupdog when a player has discarded an "extra" Raking Talons?

Just a thought...

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian, ReverendRevolver

More
09 Mar 2014 17:01 #59795 by Joscha

Sure they do. But I haven't seen in a while that a toolboxy deck with large vampires scores 2 GWs in a tournament, that's it.

Erol is just a very good player. That is what counts. Look with what decks Jay Kristoff is winning nearly always (which is a good job, Jay :laugh: ).

Baron of Frankfurt

More
09 Mar 2014 17:57 #59799 by ReverendRevolver

Erol is just a very good player. That is what counts. Look with what decks Jay Kristoff is winning nearly always (which is a good job, Jay :laugh: ).

Jay will have 87 minions, all of which will have baseball bats and camera phones, and he wil STILL somehow get at least 2 people at the table convinced that, not only is HE not the tablethreat, somebody else is, and if they get dealt with, this other (conveniently not named Jay) player will have the game in the bag if no dealt with.

Not manipulative, just people somehow see him as non threatening without effort that other players spend on just playing a deck. Weirdest freaking thing.

Jays won with decks other players leave at home.

More
17 Mar 2014 19:20 - 17 Mar 2014 19:21 #60031 by Erol
The deck was dissected by Orian Gissler at his blog. It has a lot of synergies and it suited my playstyle, so I tried it out. The good thing is, no two games are the same with this deck. That makes it a lot of fun to play.
You can bleed with one of your !tremere and get blocked, throw in some tupdog, untap and call a vote. So you dont lose an important turn to do something to further your chance to win.
And you can play a lot more variations, because the deck is build on modules that you can exchange easily with another. Combat-, Equipment-, Vote Modules spring to mind.

And by the way, would i have won my own birthday tournament, I dont think so, that would be kinda sucky ;)

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany
Last edit: 17 Mar 2014 19:21 by Erol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds