times TWD 2014 Belgian ECQ

24 Mar 2014 14:54 - 02 May 2014 06:25 #60234 by D-dennis
Congratulations to Erol Hammer for winning this year's Belgian ECQ Tournament.
Brussels, 23rd of March.
16 players.

The archon has been submitted and approved.

Under the new qualifying rules, only 4 players qualified, where in previous year 5 players would have. I'm not sure this was the intended effect of the new qualifying rules.
I decided to play as organiser, because two 5-player tables out of 3 are better than one 5-player table per round. I was the sucker that managed to get into the finals without a GW, so that kind of backfired on me :)
There were no player who ended the tournament with zero points (I have no idea if this is an exception or not).

Some pictures will be posted in the VTES Belgium group on facebook .
On the scoresheet for every round, players could vote for the most original deck at their table. Hugh Angseesing and Mike Wilson tied with 8 points each. Hugh's deck had (some) DOM so the jury chose Mike as winner of this contest :)

This is Erol's winning deck :
Deck Name: The Heyder
Author: Erol Hammer
Description:
Erol Hammer's TWD at the Belgian ECQ 2014 in Brussels.
Won the final round with 3 VP, and 2GW7 in the prelims

Crypt (Capacity min=7 max=10 avg=9.5; 12 cards)
==================================================

4x Ambrosio Luis Monçada, Plenipotentiary 10 aus for DOM OBT POT PRE Lasombra:2
3x Francisco Domingo de Polonia 9 pro DOM OBT POT PRE Lasombra:2
4x Marcus Vitel ADV 10 DOM FOR OBF OBT POT PRE Lasombra:3
1x Tobias Smith 7 pot DOM OBT PRE Lasombra:3

Library (90 cards)
=====================

Master (21 cards)
1x Black Forest Base
1x Dark Influences
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Elysian Fields
1x Fortitude
1x Giant's Blood
2x Information Highway
2x Legendary Vampire
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Power Structure
5x Villein
2x Wash

Action (11 cards)
3x Entrancement
4x Govern the Unaligned
1x Heart of the City
2x Intimidation
1x Under Siege

Political Action (8 cards)
1x Anarchist Uprising
1x Ancient Influence
2x Banishment
2x Cardinal Benediction
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Reins of Power

Equipment (1 cards)
1x Zaire River Ferry

Ally (1 cards)
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Action Modifier (31 cards)
2x Bewitching Oration
2x Enkil Cog
6x Freak Drive
6x Iron Glare
6x Shadow Play
6x Shroud of Absence
3x Voter Captivation

Reaction (12 cards)
7x Deflection
5x Obedience

Combat (5 cards)
5x Majesty

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4b. (Mar 24, 2014 16:51:31)
Last edit: 02 May 2014 06:25 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala, Otso, Ankha, Vlad, Hakuron, Dam_320_0260

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2014 18:25 #60243 by D-dennis
Replied by D-dennis on topic Re: TWD 2014 Belgian ECQ
A short report from my final-experience:
Ralf W (Kiasyd g2-3)
Erol (Lasombra g 2-3)
Me ( !Brujah breed and vote )
Johannes (Howler)
Bram (419 operation)

This was a far from ideal seating for me. The Ahrimanes in front and Lasombra in the back don't leave much room for improvisatoin. But sitting in front of the 419's would probably have been worse so I couldn't complain.
My opening crypt: 2 Dark Selina, 2 Urraca. This was one of the many uh-oh moments. After Zillah's Valley on Dark Selina, I went fishing for Armin Brenner but not without finding another Urraca first. Bram's Pentex on Howler in round 3 was a big relief for me. I managed to put some Creation Rites in play and do some light vote damage on Erol with Public Vilification.
While Erol kept bleeding in on me, Johannes and Bram were more or less destroying each other. Ralf's bleed at stealth got deflected to me on a regular basis.
At some point Erol banished Dark Selina. I then played a villein for 2 on a creation rite, which allowed me to play Zillah's Valley and bring out Armin Brenner but leaving me at one pool. The Creation Rites and Embraces wouldn't help me to oust nor to stay alive at that point. So it was either going down, or going down with style. Somehow Erol did not oust (could not or did not want to) me next turn. I villeined for 7, played Public Trust and bled for one more with an Embrace to oust Johannes. I was at 14 pool and back in business. The next action was to steal Bram's Carlton with DtD.
From then on things went fast. Erol had a decent vote lock and kept gnawing at my pool. Bram brought out another minion. I took one more shot by an attempt to play Pentex on Neighbor John, but that got washed. Erol then played Anarchist Uprising ousting both me and Bram. Ralf couldn't do much against Erol and the game ended after 1h40m.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Squidalot, Otso, Vlad, Hakuron, Dam_320_0260

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds