times TWD: Rhein-Main-Bashing, 3. Mai 2014, Mainz, Germany

04 May 2014 09:37 - 05 May 2014 10:59 #61811 by johannes
Event: Rhein-Main-Bashing, 3. Mai 2014, Mainz, Germany
Number of Players: 16

Deck Name: Wildwood Sorceres
Author: Johannes Walch
Description:
This deck is sort of an evolution of my !Nos Deck centered around Cailean where I have big vampires that fight really well and have a good defense but had problems with consistently getting gamewins due to the slow build up (few crypt acceleration) and lack of multi-act. I cut back on the fight consistency and fixed those two problems.\r\n\r\nThe master section is completely focused on crypt acceleration and pool gain. There are lots of obvious and helpful additions like Fame, but really there is no way to fit them without sacrificing something.\r\n\r\nThe Biothauma Experiments are really strong and the mini equipment module works well. I thought about going for more fancy silver bullets, but in the end the basic stuff is far more useful. Never used the Dog Pack, good in theory against Majesty heavy preys.\r\n\r\nEnkil Cog is a no brainer and I usually use at least two or none, the six Freak Drives are just right, more will easily be too much. Don´t need to constantly multi-act, rather in a few strategic places (like putting on an experiment and then Deep Song).\r\n\r\nThe combat is diverse on purpose to keep people guessing, especially since the discipline spread of the vamps is scary. It is also focused around not spending blood, none of the cards cost, and there is multiple synergies in there. I can´t consistenly win against combat heavy decks but I can survive the one or two critical combats and have some hitback and I can usually obliterate anything that doesn´t fight at all.

Crypt (Capacity min=6 max=11 avg=9.58; 12 cards)
===================================================

4x Aksinya Daclau 9 cel tha ANI FOR PRE PRO !Gangrel:4
3x Fakir al Sidi 11 abo ANI FOR PRE PRO THA Gangrel:4
1x Janey Pickman 6 for ANI PRO !Gangrel:4
3x Mictlantecuhtli 10 pre pro ANI FOR POT THA Gangrel:5
1x Mimir 10 dom ANI FOR PRO THA !Gangrel:5

Library (90 cards)
=====================

Master (22 cards)
3x Blood Doll
1x Giant's Blood
2x Information Highway
1x Perfectionist
6x Villein
3x Wider View
6x Zillah's Valley

Action (17 cards)
3x Biothaumaturgic Experiment
12x Deep Song
2x Magic of the Smith

Equipment (3 cards)
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow
1x Sport Bike

Retainer (1 cards)
1x Dog Pack

Action Modifier (8 cards)
2x Enkil Cog
6x Freak Drive

Reaction (12 cards)
3x Cats' Guidance
9x Sense the Savage Way

Combat (27 cards)
8x Carrion Crows
3x Drawing Out the Beast
4x Flesh of Marble
2x Hidden Strength
2x Indomitability
5x Taste of Vitae
3x Trap

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4b. (May 4, 2014 14:39:30)
Last edit: 05 May 2014 10:59 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, Ashur, Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2014 09:49 #61813 by Hakuron
And here is the Archon for this event (which reads "Rhine Main Bashing" in international affairs ^^) ...

1 Johannes W. 1 5 2 114

2 Rudolf G. 1 4 0 108 (higher coin-ranking)
2 Ali A. 1 4 2 108
2 Ralf W. 1 4 1 96
2 Martin S. 1 3,5 0 96

6 Jan S. 1 2 78 (first time in Mainz, that a gamewin was NOT enough to enter the finals)
7 Joscha D. 0 2,5 90
8 Anja P. 0 2 96
9 Kai K. 0 1,5 78
10 Tobias H. 0 1 60
11 Kristian W. 0 1 54
12 Ralf L. 0 0 36
12 Robert F. 0 0 36
12 Sebastian M. 0 0 36
12 Jörg W. 0 0 36
16 Frederick E. 0 0 30

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
04 May 2014 11:54 #61816 by ReverendRevolver
I really dig this deck. Ive built with Aksynia, Fakir, and Zayyat, and had plans to use the 4 big vamps in this deck, but hadnt yet due to uncertainty about it working (and ive been gunshy about all 10-11 cap stuff since LB got banned and took my all 11 cap decks with it) but plainly theres potential.

More
04 May 2014 16:47 #61832 by johannes
I was completely surprised how well it worked. Built the night before under funny crap category :)

More
04 May 2014 17:03 #61833 by ReverendRevolver

I was completely surprised how well it worked. Built the night before under funny crap category :)

Im still impressed. I thought about a torpor olympics (movement of the slow body, rapid healing, regeneration, force of will, dayop, daring the dawn, etc) deck with these vamps due to disciplines, special text, and blood to pool farming potential, but this looks a bit more practical.

More
04 May 2014 17:26 #61836 by Hakuron
This was the final table:
Ali A. (Malk & !Malk Stealth Bleed) => Ralf W. (Nos & !Nos Stealth Vote & Bleed) => Martin S. (Saulot Wall) => Rudolf G. (Thetmes Contract Rush) => Johannes W. (Gangrel & !Gangrel Big Cap Combat)

The Big-Cap decks found (or had) no crypt acceleration, thus they influenced out their first minions slowly.
The Malkavians started bleeding with Morel turn 3.
Martin got hit early be a Parity Shift played by Ralf.
Rudolf invested a lot of combat cards in a border skirmish between Thetmes and Saulot, so he had more or less none left for Johannes' minions (Aksinya and Janey).
Ali's Malkavians continue bleeding.
A second Parity Shift (now against Ali) fails due to Quentin King III's and Thetmes' votes.
Martin finally finds a Magic of the Smith, which gets DIed by Ralf.
Rudolf is aware that his friendly predator is almost ousted, so he decides to cross-table rush Alonso Petrodon.
The subsequent Graverobbing (inferior) gets blocked by Saulot via Eagle's Sight.
Johannes has now also Mimir in his ranks.
Alonso gets rescued.
Aksinya is plays inferior Magic of the Smith, which Ali's Persia declines to block -- due to Johannes' statement that he would self-oust if blocked.
The Malkavian continue bleeding. The fourth of them enters play.
Ralf survives and ousts Martin via Anarchist Uprising.
Thetmes finally sends Aksinya to torpor, but finds no Provision of the Silsila and is low on blood. A bleed for 4 passes with the help of a Cloak the Gathering.
Johannes is down to 4 pool, but successfully recovers.
Ali ousts Ralf, and continues bleeding, now Rudolf.
Rudolf is down on 3 pool and more or less out of options. He releases Janey out of the Pentex -- with the second attempt, the first one gets blocked by one of Ali's vampires.
Johannes cycles like hell and does his very best to send as many of Ali's vampires to torpor.
Some Dodges prevent desaster for Ali, and with the help of a Blood Doll he has two ready-to-bleed vampires in his turn.
Rudolf gets ousted. Ali forgets to influence out Jackie, a crucial mistake, plus he is almost out of cards.
He bleeds Johannes down to 1 pool the next turn, but then the tides have turned.
2 VPs for Johannes, who wins the tournament due to his higher ranking.

Congrats, Johannes, very well played!

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds