times Jann Berger's "R"is for Rampage

29 May 2014 23:42 - 01 Jun 2014 14:09 #62871 by brandonsantacruz
John (Weenie/midcap AUS)> Fred (Stanislava Honor the Elders)> Me (FoS Temptation)> Preston (Kiasyd/Lasombra Faery wards)> Lex (AAA toolbox)

Nefertiti and Kahina came out first for me. I put a temptation on Deliah, the only vampire with low enough blood for it to matter. I later Villein Nefertiti and Tempt her, eventually Preston’s Anton de C., too. When Fred brings out Genevieve and goofs around I discard two extra deflections. I Villein, Coven, and eventually play Giant’s Blood on my dudes.

Fred eventually changed gears and started calling damaging votes. Lex let these pass for some reason (I usually want the other vote deck at the table to die) and I start taking 5+ bleed per turn on top of that. I manage to bleed Preson pretty badly between my +1 bleeders, the occasional Govern and Murmur of the False Will. Deliah shows her skillz with an Entrancement bleed. I bleed Preston down to one and he bounces the killing bleed, saying “the game is yours, Fred.” Not so. Fred does get me and Preston, but Lex holds his ground. John eventually cleans up for the GW.

Game 2:
Dennis Lien (Lorenzo Detuono Rush)> Me> Matt Wedge (Eze)> John

Early on Dennis’s Anarch Convert goes to torpor. I make a deal with John (who has the swing votes) to diablerize the convert, but leave the Ivory Bow he has. After his snack, Saqqaf plays Thrones Crumble on Eze, taking him down a peg and allowing me to sneak in a bleed. Soon Matt gets No Secrets on Eze, which makes me hold onto at least two stealth at all times. Once I do, Matt doesn’t block anymore.

Matt goes on a pool gaining spree by calling Ancient Influence, Political Stranglehold, Villeining and Voter Capping (X 3 or more). This makes my task a lot more difficult.

With his hand and ready region in order, Dennis starts stealing minions. First he rushes Quira, the Bitch Queen. He disarms her and then uses his ability to steal her permanently. Next he torporizes Tatiana Romonov, but doesn’t take her out. Tatiana leaves torpor and I place two temptations on her in order to steal her, hunt, and be able to bleed with her again. I use her to help oust Matt with Veil + Cloak, in addition to my other bleeds.

John defends himself well between telepathic counter and intercept. Nevertheless, I bleed him out after a couple of turns.

Dennis gets busy rushing and stealing my minions. After stealing 2-3 more of my Followers of Set I am left with just Nefertiti and Mylan. Using my Heidelberg and Temptations I am able to steal my guys back temporarily and not be bled by them too much, Dennis plays Coven, which leads to too much blood getting back on the table in our two-player game. Dennis is out of deck, but ousting him will take longer than there is left in the game. The table times out, leaving me the victor, but in 6th place. Rats.

The final table ended in the same brutal way as the rest of the tournament (and day). Robert Scythe, tired of being blocked and not wanting his prey Aaron to win, ousts himself rather than let John do the dirty work. What was looking like a difficult win for Aaron became impossible, sealing victory for John.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 01 Jun 2014 14:09 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Goudie, Dorrinal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2014 15:45 #62913 by Dorrinal
Jann Berger's "R" is for Rampage
May 24, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
14 players

vekn.net/event-calendar/event/7630

John McGlynn's tournament winning deck with 4 VPs in the final:

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=15032

Deck Name: Yes.
Author: John McGlynn
Description:
Violence is not the answer.

Violence is the question.

The answer is yes.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=3 max=7 avg=5)
============================================
1x Aleph 4 dom AUS Malkavian:1
1x Dorian Strack 4 cel AUS Toreador:1
1x Idalia, Prophet of Guadalajara 4 dem AUS !Malkavian:2
1x Isabel de Leon 3 AUS Toreador:2
1x Jost Werner 6 ani AUS PRE !Toreador:2
1x Kite 7 obf pre AUS DEM !Malkavian:2
1x Ozmo 6 dom obf AUS Malkavian:1
1x Quira, The Bitch Queen 6 obt tha AUS OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Remilliard, Devout Crusader 4 pre AUS !Toreador:2
1x Sheila Mezarin 6 cel for AUS PRE !Toreador:2
1x Tatiana Romanov 7 cel pre AUS Toreador:1
1x Zöe 3 cel obf AUS Malkavian:2

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master (4)
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Slave Auction
2x Villein

Action (3)
3x Legal Manipulations

Equipment (3)
2x .44 Magnum
1x Ivory Bow

Reaction (50)
3x Delaying Tactics
2x Eagle's Sight
6x Enhanced Senses
7x Eyes of Argus
5x Forced Awakening
2x Melange
3x My Enemy's Enemy
6x On the Qui Vive
2x Precognition
2x Spirit's Touch
4x Telepathic Counter
8x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (30)
3x Aura Reading
2x Boxed In
1x Dead-End Alley
3x High Ground
6x Psychic Assault
3x Read Intentions
6x Target Vitals
3x Taste of Vitae
2x Weighted Walking Stick
1x Zip Gun

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4b. (May 31, 2014 20:46:21)

:trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds