file Missing events - EC and UK NC

03 Jul 2014 04:32 #63482 by Ankha
Rob Treasure won 4 UK Nationals and Martin Weinmeyer won the EC twice, but I only found Rob's NC 2003 and Martin's victory in Palma.

Can anyone point me the TWD of these events? They may be already present in the TWDA www.veknfrance.com/decks/twd.htm, in which case they probably lack the information about the tournament level (NC or EC).

Thanks

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2014 07:31 #63489 by drnlmza
I assume the missing EC deck is the one from 1999? The lasombra has a list of decks used in that tourmanent at www.thelasombra.com/decks/ec.txt . There's also a secret library deck list - www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=4679 .

Based on some discussions on the UK VtES Forum (such as www.anarchfreepress.com/vtesuk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=495&start=30 ), I believe that several of UK Gencon tournaments were also the UK Nationals for that year.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
03 Jul 2014 18:33 #63499 by drnlmza

Based on some discussions on the UK VtES Forum (such as www.anarchfreepress.com/vtesuk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=495&start=30 ), I believe that several of UK Gencon tournaments were also the UK Nationals for that year.

A bit of searching is able to confirm the following:

Rob Treasure's 1999 Gencon deck is reported as the UK National Championship here

Gencon UK 2001 is announced as hosting the UK Nationals here , so that's Rob Treasure's Gencon UK: 2001 deck.

GenCon UK 2000 is mentioned as being the "UK National Championship 2000 here , so that would be this Rob Treasure deck .

Gencon UK 1998 is mentioned as being the site of the National Championship here .

(Gencon UK 2002 was also the UK Nationals, as mentioned here , but it appears that no deck list was ever posted, although there is one for one of the other tournaments at that Gencon)

--
National Coordinator
South Africa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, BenPeal

More
04 Jul 2014 04:45 #63502 by Ankha
Thanks for the archeologist work. I updated the TWDA to reflect the NC type of these events, and the Hall of Fame was updated accordingly.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds