times TWD Austrian EC Qualifier 29th June 2014

28 Aug 2014 09:52 #65115 by Silmegil
Charismatic Aura is sweet, but I have only one copy and in this deck, I prefer to have something, that works for every minion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2014 11:52 #65116 by Timo

I mean Gotsdam is 9-cap in block deck and he has to pay for himself. if he is taken down by one grapple or carrions with few presses, it is pretty much endgame.

how could Gotsdam be taken down by carrion+presses ?

More
28 Aug 2014 12:33 #65117 by Silmegil
Well I have written that one bad. Grapple is enough to take down Gotsdam and Carrions + aids will trouble support. But even when played cleverly, Gotsdam may suffer from animalism combat. Few times, when in combat with ahrimanes, player waited for me to set to long with sniper rifle and after that he played his crows. I suffered three damage in first round and even with combat end, it was 4 blood lost, which is terrible. In this case, disengage may help me to save one blood or save gotsdam, when that blood us unavailable. I apologize for not being clear in first place.

More
28 Aug 2014 14:32 #65118 by ReverendRevolver

Well I have written that one bad. Grapple is enough to take down Gotsdam and Carrions + aids will trouble support. But even when played cleverly, Gotsdam may suffer from animalism combat. Few times, when in combat with ahrimanes, player waited for me to set to long with sniper rifle and after that he played his crows. I suffered three damage in first round and even with combat end, it was 4 blood lost, which is terrible. In this case, disengage may help me to save one blood or save gotsdam, when that blood us unavailable. I apologize for not being clear in first place.

Makes more sense. Im too big of a Fortitude fan not to run prevent, and vary seldom run sniper rifles (weenie anarch malkavians is the only deck currently built that runs them) but it seemed to work well.

Gotsdam is good enough to build ~50 decks around and have them all do different things.

Ive had toolboxes, with verying degres of blocking or lunging, and used tham and burst with him when LB was around.

I wouldnt habe built a dedicated blocker variant at less than 83 cards (but an early dawn-oppy vesion was trimmed to 80 for a spell. Used limited block, bounce, and mostly Gotsdam, vignes, john, and jephta/jao bleeding and giggling) but Gotsdam is in shockingly few TWD posts. Maybe I should keep variants built and loan them out to see more.....

I love that most combat plans get smoked by him. No rotshreck. No agg. No draw out beast. No trap plans. He can play denial of aphrodites favor and charismatic aura to cancel strikes. Its funny seeing people get mad at just his awesomeness.

More
29 Aug 2014 12:59 #65130 by Silmegil
I would be trying to cut it even more, but that would be done probably only with a few Eyes of Argus. Still I would not be able to remove more than 2-3 cards. I am still considering putting another Atonement in. That is if I get my hands on another copy. That card just destroys some decks and is still useful even when not facing weenies.

More
30 Aug 2014 13:36 - 30 Aug 2014 13:38 #65156 by extrala
Usual question. What decks did the other finalists play?
1. Michal Dlouhý 1 GW 5.0 VP -- 3.0 -- Gotsdam Aus/Dom Block
2. Boglárka Bóna 1 GW 6.0 VP -- 1.0 --
2. Arthur Machac 1 GW 5.0 VP -- 0.0 --
2. Christian Wurst 1 GW 4.0 VP -- 0.0 --
2. Róbert László 1 GW 3.0 VP -- 1.0 --
Last edit: 30 Aug 2014 13:38 by extrala.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds