file San Jose Games From 10/5/14

07 Oct 2014 12:54 #66156 by brandonsantacruz
Ian, Sergio, Eric and I gathered at Game Kastle to get a few games in.

Game 1
Me (Reckless FoS)> Eric (War Ghouls)> Sergio (Giovanni PB)> Ian (Shalmath)

I start out with one transfer, but I do have Eternals in my hand. Eternals goes on Neferu, who comes out the next turn. Shemti gets one transfer and maybe later another Eternals. Eric brings out a 4-cap, Sergio a 7-cap and Ian just has a convert. I Reins of Power to gain 5 pool. This is where I start having to borrow counters from other people. I call an Ancient Influence to float Ian some pool (and myself of course) and this keeps him alive a bit longer.

Eric gets a war ghoul and rushes forward(?), beating down some hapless giovanni. Next turn Eric back-rushes me, but I maneuver away. Ian does some bleeding and defending with Shalmath (he can defend all day with his untap ability). I just focus on calling damaging votes like Reckless Agitation and KRC. Sergio would have ousted Ian, but Eric and Ian take down about two of his minions. I call two reckless agitations in one turn and a KRC, ousting Eric and then Sergio. Ian tries to use Mr Winthrop to block me, but never does. I oust him with Neonate Breach.

Me: GW 4vp

Game 2
Eric (Eurobrujah)> Ian (AUS PRO THA)> Me (Ventrue Grinder)> Sergio (Giovanni above)

Ian has the perfect counter to my fortitude: blood fury + agg hands. He shows off the combo early when I try to govern down. Fortunately for me a deck can't do that all day. Sergio capitalizes on the extra breathing room and bleeds Eric some more. Through a combination of Seduction, block fails and Pentex he gets past Eric most of the time. Donal is joined by Anvil, but the powerbleeders eventually overwhelm Eric. Eric never got a grapple or Psyche or he might have had a chance.

I an does a little bleeding, which I can mostly ignore or bounce. I bleed Sergio a little, which he bounces into Eric. Eric bounces it to Ian and we fight again. I think I survived this time, or at least I had actions to rescue.

Once Sergio taps out killing Eric I bleed him out. Ian puts up a good fight and nearly stops me, even DIing my Daring the Dawn on what would have been an ousting bleed. I out-action him and oust.

Me GW 3vp
Sergio 1vp

Game 3 I will leave to Ian to write up. I was ousted early, allowing me to retire my Ravnos deck. Ian won.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, Timo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2014 23:44 #66549 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: San Jose Games From 10/5/14
With my trip, I don't think it's feasible to write up the games separately. For game two, didn't mention using a Protean press, can't recall whether it was Gleam or Ghost to Walk of Flame at superior.

Game three was three block decks and Kiasyd stealth bleed. Sergio had things under control with Smiling Jack at 3, permacept, Lambach partially refilling off of eating a Kiasyd trying to leave torpor. Only bouncing the Kiasyd to them for a big bleed could oust the Tzimisce. Somehow, that happened with no bounce back to me nor enough intercept due to Vykos's inferior Animalism. The endgame became silly with my having Mateusz, Kendrick, Julio, Tarbaby, and Teresita in play, with one last chance for the Kiasyd to bleed for four for the win.

Add to the list: Every time I've played Deflection at inferior with Julio Martinez and there were no events in play, I've won.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds