file Casual & tournament - Temptation of Greater Power

08 Dec 2014 06:41 #67995 by Ankha
I strongly suspect Temptation of Greater Power from "unbalancing games too strongly". I'm currently focusing on decks using it to try to prove that point. You can share your experience here.

This is the "event report" section, so please do not anwser here to other's people reports, use the "Generic V:TES Discussion" section instead. This topic should only collect reports.
Thanks.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2014 06:49 - 08 Dec 2014 07:00 #67996 by Ankha
Casual game (november 25th if I recall correctly). 4 players.

Me ("Gang of fur") > Prey (Brujah big cap fight) > Selim (Imbued) > Max (? wall deck?)

I play a Gangrel "royalty" deck (with Xaviar ADV as Justicar). I have Xaviar and Hartmut out, my prey some 10 cap fighting vampire.
Having in hand a Political Stranglehold and as much pool as my prey, I decide to play ToGP on my prey. I pay 3 pool, he ends up paying 12 pool if I recall correctly (should have noted everything at that time), leaving him at something like 3 pool. Retrospectively, I should have bought the vampire, it would have been easier (especially with the Political Stranglehold).
I oust my prey the next turn. Selim threatens to DI my ousting move, but I threaten him back by cross-ousting him (nobody likes Imbued decks, right?)
Stanislava does the rest by killing Selim later, then Max.

ToGP costed my prey: 12 pool (with a credit of 5), leaving him at 3 pool.

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 08 Dec 2014 07:00 by Ankha.

More
08 Dec 2014 06:59 - 08 Dec 2014 07:00 #67997 by Ankha
Tournament final (December 7th 2014)

Selim (Ventrue grinder) > Jorge (cel gun with Anson, Anneke, Eurobrujah + Ashur) > Alain (Goratrix wall) > Me ("Gang of fur") > Mehdi (same deck as Jorge, but without Ashur)

I'm first seed, Alain is 2nd seed (this is quite important).

At turn 4, table is:

Selim: Lodin
Jorge (having an agreement to leave Anson to Mehdi): Constanza (?)
Alain: Goratrix
Me: Xaviar adv
Mehdi: Anson with 4 blood and a gun.

I have slightly more pool that Mehdi (20 vs 15). I play ToGP on Anson (17 vs 15). In the end, he buys it 17 pool and ends with 3 pool. His game is over: it is nearly impossible for him to win. I try to oust him, he plays a DI on my Form of Mist, leaving him at 2 pool: he can't bring out Anneke (who is missing 2 pool).
Retrospectively, I should have bought Anson (second time, I'll learn some day) because now that my Form of Mist is DIed (and my Earth Meld Dark Influenced by my predator), Xaviar goes to torpor. Hartmut will be next and thanks to a cross-parity from my little prey, I finally get ousted.

So Alain (now first seed) has 1 VP and wins the game 1h20 later by just playing his wall deck :)

There were only two possible options: either I get my VP and have a huge advantage being first seed, or Alain gets his VP and have a huge advantage being first seed.

ToGP costed my prey: 17 pool (with a credit of 5), leaving him at 3 pool.

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 08 Dec 2014 07:00 by Ankha.

More
14 Dec 2014 10:12 - 18 Dec 2014 12:18 #68162 by Erol
EC Final Table Palma/Mallorca.

After getting Stanislava out, Kamel my Predator play ToGP and steals her. IIRC he played a Banishment on my Ingrid Rossler and in his next turn plays Villein and Golconda on Stanislava. I cant remember how much pool was offered, but it was more than I had. Making me just an spectator for the rest of the game.

Its absurd, that one card can shift the game on such big level.

Erol -> Big fan of banning ToGP.

:laso: :camarilla: :POT: :DOM: :DEM: :PRE: :cap8: - Prince of Karlsruhe, Germany
Last edit: 18 Dec 2014 12:18 by Erol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
15 Dec 2014 05:31 #68176 by mirddes

More
15 Dec 2014 06:09 #68179 by Ankha

what is ToGP?

Read first post.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds