lightbulb Red Sign Russia

17 Mar 2015 19:47 #69919 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Red Sign Russia
You have to play GB on big-cap vampire with few blood before everybody else played it and then have something to capitalize on it. Without villein (and it's leser brother Minion Tap) there are really not so much ways to abuse it.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2015 07:52 #69925 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Red Sign Russia
Yes, you have to play it on vampire missing 4+ blood before the rest to really capitalize on it. In early game that means more or less just villein. In late game, chances are someone else already played gb. Or, perhaps, you run out of blood on some vampire playing good cards or combating, and you need to refil.

You are right that the combo, of two cards that are great on it's own, is broken good. You are also right that removing villein would decrease it's value. On the other hand, i feel that removing/decreasing power of giant's blood would be healthier for the game.

There was already card that refilled vampire to the full, tradition: hospitality. It did it as an action, it was nerfed and now it give just 4 blood. I feel that giant's blood should work the same, as a Master: give a vampire 4 blood, only one may be played each game. This way, we wouldn't see that villein for 10, giant's blood combo anymore, and putting giant's blood in the deck will be actual choice, not a must have card, as it currently is. But, we have to wait for resume print to see any errata.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
18 Mar 2015 12:09 #69929 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Re: Red Sign Russia
Hospitality, after nerfing, became just a bad card. See Renewed Vigor, which is plain better, but I never heared overpowered complaines about it.

Have seen it abused with minion tap, thou.

Which is, as I've said, the real problem.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
18 Mar 2015 15:13 #69932 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Red Sign Russia
I question the idea that Fifth Tradition is a bad card. A forgotten card? I think so. A card that's fair enough that it isn't a must have, like it used to be or like how Second Tradition is? Yes. Still consider it underplayed, but there are lots of other things to do, include calling votes and refilling off of Voter Cap.

Renewed Vigor doesn't get that many complaints because to fill someone up requires superior Obeah.

More
18 Mar 2015 16:37 #69933 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Red Sign Russia
Hospitality isn't bad card, gaining 4 blood just usually lose against gaing 5 pool from parity shift (with voter cap, another card i have problem with) with govern that can be used by non-titled vampires.

Renewed Vigor isn't played much because salubri decks tend to use saulot lately, who isn't good at supporting big caps. There are some other great salubri, so don't write it off

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds