check TWD - 6th Hiekkaharju Nightmare - 10.03.2018, Vantaa Finland

19 Mar 2018 15:49 - 04 Apr 2018 10:08 #85874 by Cerion
6th Hiekkaharju Nightmare
Vantaa, Finland
March 10th 2018
2R+F
15 players
Mikko Hyvärinen

Took me a little bit to get around was this report, Since I wasn't on the finals I won't comment much on it and leave that to winner, or one of the finalists to write a report on that.

Anyhow, we had amazing 15 people attending, after two 9 player tournaments that I organized this was nice change.

Sadly one returning player from torpor had unlucky chance to contest Stanislava twice in the tournament with someone else that actually came to tournament from some distance, oh well, I suppose that's Vtes sometimes.

Finals seating was:

Juha Laukkanen (Matasuntha Wall)-> Jaakko Nurro (??)-> Antti Penttilä (Nephandus) -> Karri Malm(Tsimisce) -> Mikko Hyvärinen (weenie Tremere. Decklist below)

As I said I'l leave the report of how finals went to one of the finalists, preferably maybe by the winner.

Final Rank Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs TPs
1 1 9 Mikko Hyvärinen 1 6 2.5 108
2 2 1 Jaakko Nurro 0 4 1 102
2 3 4 Antti Penttilä 1 3 78
2 4 10 Karri Malm 2 7 0.5 120
2 5 11 Juha Laukkanen 1 2.5 84
6 6 13 Samuel Mäenpää 0 2 96
7 7 2 Jyri Puhakka 0 2 78
8 8 5 Lasse Pöyry 0 1 72
9 9 6 Katja Jauhiainen 0 1 60
10 10 15 Jani Malmi 0 0.5 60
11 11 3 Otso Saariluoma 0 0 48
11 12 7 Juho Linna 0 0 48
13 13 8 Lauri Salmi 0 0 42
13 14 12 Petri Wessman 0 0 42
13 15 14 Romeo Leinbaum 0 0 42

Baron of Vantaa
Last edit: 04 Apr 2018 10:08 by Ankha. Reason: adding results
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2018 15:57 - 19 Mar 2018 15:58 #85876 by Cerion
6th Hiekkharju Nighmare
Hiekkaharju, Vantaa, Finland
March 10th 2018
2R+F
15 players
Mikko Hyvärinen
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/8845

Deck Name: The Tremere War Chantry
Description:
Oldschool, balanced fair deck. Slow&steady.
Bored of "villein for 11, giants blood, superior govern,
freak drive, scouting mission, freak, mindrape, freak, Banishment on your deflecter+push+cap+freak, bleed for 5+."-games?

This deck mainly bleeds for 1's, while acting like the Tremeres always do. They must be hiding something really scary,
as they don't seem to be doing much. Truth being, they just don't do much.

Crypt (12 cards, min=10, max=24, avg=4.17)
2x Muaziz, Archon of Ulugh Beg 7 THA aus dom for Tremere:2
2x Aisling Sturbridge 5 AUS THA dom Tremere:2
1x Merrill Molitor 5 THA aus dom Tremere:1
1x Ignatius 4 aus dom tha Tremere:1
1x Sarah Cobbler 4 THA dom Tremere:1
1x Blythe Candeleria 3 THA aus Tremere:2
1x Dr. John Casey 3 aus tha Tremere:1
1x Jing Wei 3 dom tha Tremere:1
1x Mustafa Rahman 2 dom Tremere:2
1x Roreca Quaid 2 tha Tremere:1

Library (90 cards)
Master (20)
1x Academic Hunting Ground
2x Arcane Library
1x Auspex
1x Blood Doll
1x Chantry
1x Dominate
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Powerbase: Montreal
3x Rötschreck
3x Thaumaturgy
1x Tremere Convocation
3x Tribute to the Master
1x Wasserschloss Anif, Austria

Action (7)
3x Create Gargoyle
2x Graverobbing
2x Magic of the Smith

Equipment (6)
1x Bowl of Convergence
1x Codex of the Damned
1x Gran Madre di Dio, Italy
1x Heart of Nizchetus
1x Ivory Bow
1x Kevlar Vest

Action Modifier ( 8 )
6x Conditioning
2x Mirror Walk

Reaction (24)
4x Deflection
2x Eagle's Sight
1x Enhanced Senses
3x Eyes of Argus
2x Forced Awakening
3x My Enemy's Enemy
3x On the Qui Vive
1x Precognition
1x Spirit's Touch
3x Telepathic Misdirection
1x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (25)
6x Apportation
6x Burst of Sunlight
13x Theft of Vitae

Baron of Vantaa
Last edit: 19 Mar 2018 15:58 by Cerion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ICL

More
19 Mar 2018 18:19 #85882 by Bloodartist

Jaakko Nurro (??)

Jaakko was on smallcap dominate powerbleed, at least thats how I would describe it..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
19 Mar 2018 19:56 #85884 by Count Ambrosio
Jaakko's deck was Dom/Obf stealth bleed to be specific.

My Tzimisce deck was a toolbox with Xipe Totec and Darvag as the star vampires. Neither of them have been in a tournament winning deck, too bad they still arent :(

More
20 Mar 2018 07:28 - 20 Mar 2018 07:28 #85904 by Lönkka
Archon aproved

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 20 Mar 2018 07:28 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
20 Mar 2018 10:10 - 20 Mar 2018 10:18 #85905 by Bloodartist

Jaakko's deck was Dom/Obf stealth bleed to be specific.

Iirc Jaakko had like one vampire with obfuscate, so I was hesitant to call it stealth-bleed. Overall, if I remember correctly, the only common discipline among all his minions was dominate. It was bit weird. Maybe he can clarify the matter himself (I will ask him on thursday game night)

About the final, my memory of the end of the game is bit hazy (turns out I remembered the winner wrong xD), so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I go first, and draw no acceleration. This means that Mata is out only at turn 4, and small tremere hit me with couple conditionings early on. This means I go low enough pool to not risk bringing out Inyanga. This basically seals my game as I draw abysmally badly (zero wakes the entire game, not enough combat to actually cycle well). I'm a non-factor that Mikko can oust at his leisure basically at any time (he had about 6 minions, I had one and no wakes), but chooses to not do it for a long time because one VP does not win him the game. Maybe he was hoping me to rush somebody, I dont know.

Even though I'm sure a permutation of cards exist where Mata would've torporized all of Mikkos minions that acted against me even without Inyanga; but it is not to be. My deck gives me pretty much the polar opposite of what I need. :(

Everybody fears Nephandi, so Antti is hit from all directions very early on. He puts up a really good fight all things considered but ultimately falls. Iirc he torporized Xipe Totec once relatively early but Xipe is rescued because everyone fears Nephandi. Xipe Totecs special ability (stealing allies) was also relevant at least as a threat iirc.

Jaakko bleeds Antti, sometimes he gets torporized, sometimes he gets through and pumps. Eventually (with the help of Karri), Jaakko ousts Antti. Mikko eventually decides to oust me when it looks like theres no other way.. Then Jaakko doesn't have enough defense (half of his minions were in torpor/low blood) apart from couple bleed bounces, and is ousted by Mikko. Time runs out with only Mikko and Karri remaining, Mikko wins with 2,5 vs Karris 0,5. Did I get it right?

Sadly one returning player from torpor had unlucky chance to contest Stanislava twice in the tournament with someone else that actually came to tournament from some distance, oh well, I suppose that's Vtes sometimes.

Yes, its pretty common in VTES for victory/loss being decided by matters out of players hands.. I think I'm on record saying that randomness affects the game result more in VTES than in other ccgs I have played.

My first table: My predator and grand predator first contest info highway, and then they contest Stanislava. I'm like, ok. :)
2,5 VP from that table to me, enough for a seat in the final. About the only bright spot in this tournament to me as I draw really badly in the other two tables. In second table, only one player changes, meaning Stanislavas were in contest again.. Thats just luck of the draw, man...

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 20 Mar 2018 10:18 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds