check TWD - Riihimäki: Anarch Salon - 7.7.2018.

10 Jul 2018 14:56 - 26 Oct 2022 14:37 #88711 by Dada
Riihimäki: Anarch Salon
Riihimäki, Finland
July 7th, 2018
2R+F
15 players
Winner: Antti Penttilä

www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/8945
www.facebook.com/events/207832233169027/

First tournament I have organised and also the first tournament I have won with a deck of my own design. It almost feels bad to win your own event, but not really. Riihimäki stays Anarch... for now...

The venue worked out great and methuselahs seemed to have fun.
I managed to get 3 new embraces to the tournament, 1 of them even made it to the finals(with a deck of my design, but still!)
Even with the new-bloods the skill level was high and every table was a struggle ;)
15players showed up and I'm really happy about it!
Biggest tournament that I have been in a while.
Thanks for participating, I really appreciate it...
I wont delve too deep in to preliminary rounds, except I must say round 2 was hard, and I'm still kinda amazed I managed to pull GW+3 out of it. I held a delaying tactics in my hand from the start to the very end and when Anarchist Uprising would have dealt 13damage to me, it was worth it and I got the table because of it.
0cards in deck and 4cards in my hand.
Crazy game.
Ps. I knew the AU was coming and was totally fine playing the whole game -1card in hand, because of it.

The finals would have been very different without Akseli and his Stanislava dropping out of the tournament(because of tight timetable and other plans)

Anyway because of that I was the highest seed and I feel pretty confident to say that I won because of it.
Finals:

Seating was: Me(Haamujengi) -> Ville(Kiasyd: gremlins-nocturns S/B) -> Lasse(somekind of breed/bleed didn't really get to see much of his deck) -> Otso(Eurobrujah) -> Jyri(!Malks with Toy and Thuggees)

Lasse decided to sit in front of Kiasyd because he had stopped them in preliminary rounds.
My plan was to let the Kiasyd soften the table a bit and then run everything over when other methuselahs resources are low.

Ville Sudden Reversaled my first Liquidation and it hit me harder than he might have realized, it actually set me back at least 3turns.
Lasse draw blanks and "had no game" between the nasty bleeds of Faes and the Strong arms of Beast&CO. I rescued a vampire or 2 from torpor but it was all for naught. Definitely the worst place to sit in. Ville went over him in a timely manner but my plan was, that it is ok if the Kiasyds get a VP or 2, you just HAVE to feed them something and that's that.
All the while I was amassing my army and hoping that the angry princes wont notice me.
I discarded a few FORT cards and some Breath of aggravated damage and that discouraged Otso enough... Or atleast I believe so and besides he had his hands full of Aliens. Jyri was constantly kept in a low pool situation and even though he had many minions on the table it wasn't enough to get me out of the game.
In the end I had the full 10 Legionnaires, 2 vampires, couple of Vengeful Spirits and a Heidelberg on the table. And decided that it is time to lunge. Everybody was drained out of their resources at the time and no one really showed me much resistance, I went over the table in a turn or 2. = 4VP's and Haamujengi is finally victorious. I'm tempted and willing to say: Proof of concept.

Final Rank Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs
1 Antti Penttilä 1 3 4
2 Ville Latsa 0 1,5 1
2 Lasse Pöyry 0 2
2 Otso Saariluoma 1 2,5
2 Jyri Puhakka 0 1,5
6 Juha Laukkanen 0 1,5
6 Jaakko Nurro 0 1,5
8 Katja Jauhiainen 0 1
9 Jani Malmi 0 0,5
10 Riku Eerikäinen 0 0,5
10 Teemu Pulkkinen 0 0,5
10 Matti Palomäki 0 0,5
13 Noora Hirvonen 0 0
13 Keke Konttinen 0 0
DQ Akseli Jalava 2 8

Winning deck: Haamujengi - Always the right answer.

Crypt (12 cards)
3x Anarch Convert
4x Babalawo Alafin
3x Erebus
2x Solomon Batanea

Library (90 cards)
==================
Master
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
6x Liquidation
2x Maabara
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Rack, The
3x Villein
1x Haven Uncovered

Event
1x FBI Special Affairs Division
2x Unmasking, The

Action
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
1x Army of Rats
3x Gear Up

Ally
10x Emerald Legionnaire

Retainer
4x Vengeful Spirit

Action Modifier
3x Call of the Hungry Dead
3x Shroud Mastery

Reaction
2x Delaying Tactics
5x Eyes of Argus
2x Funeral Wake
2x On the Qui Vive
6x Telepathic Misdirection

Combat
6x Hidden Strength
4x Rolling with the Punches
4x Target Vitals
4x Taste of Vitae
5x Weighted Walking Stick

Combo
5x Breath of Thanatos

As already discused in Deck clinic. Alafin is what makes the deck go.
The ability has to be used to it's fullest, so don't give out free discards to others when they need them. You have to be smart about it...
You will be milling yourself so much that you don't get to play every card in the deck.
But you will be able to use the right cards at the right time, so don't get distracted with things that are "good".
Focus on the cards that will actually win you the game.
Also plan ahead, you have enough recursion to get the things you need, but most of the time you need a turn or 2 to get there, so plan your actions correctly and don't get caught on the critical one.
Overly simplified: If you are thinking: Should I discard to Alafin? The answer is yes... it will get you more Legionnaires and you can get everything back if you really need it...

Baron of Riihimäki
Last edit: 26 Oct 2022 14:37 by Ankha. Reason: words are hard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha, Kraus, Cat_in_Exile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dada
  • Dada's Avatar Topic Author
  • Neonate
  • Neonate
  • "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
More
11 Jul 2018 08:09 #88761 by Lönkka
Approved!

Too bad about Aksu's timetable and DQ from the 1st seed! :(

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
11 Jul 2018 09:22 #88763 by Kraus
15 players and new neonytes is totes fab!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
13 Jul 2018 07:09 #88810 by Lönkka

15 players and new neonytes is totes fab!

Ditto!
And not just a neonate but a bundle.

Well done!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds