8 Ari Lensu 0 2 96
9 Jyri Puhakka 0 1,5 108
10 Petrus Makkonen 0 1,5 102
11 Petro Hirvonen 0 1,5 96
12 Mari Tiippana 0 1 102
12 Samuel Mäenpää 0 1 102
14 Timo Tahvanainen 0 0 78
15 Tomi Sillanpää 0 0 72

Our friendly player from Mikkeli organized again tournament at his home in Mikkeli, Extra thanks to Lasse for having amazing place, in middle drive from Joensuu, Helsinki and also easy to access from Tampere and Jyväskylä

We had amazing number of players 15, 6 from Joensuu, 5 from Helsinki area, 2 from Jyväskylä and 1 from Tampere, and obviously our host Lasse from Mikkeli.

Personally I haven't had such great games in a long while, and the final was extremely exciting and close one between me and Esku, new Swedish Champion.

finals seating was:
Esa-Matti (Stanislava 25th anniversary starter) - Simo(Sha-Ennu Reaction denial) - Pasi (Tzimische toolbox) - Lauri (Alonso/Gabrielle/Fanchon/Orlando vote) - Lasse (Khursid Emerald)

First Round

We had too many vote decks in the table, me, my predator and his predator, and everything
had to be talked a lot, eventually I just couldn't get past my prey and got ousted, and Esku made a deal with Jyri, that if Jyri helps him, Esku lets Jyri to withdraw, to maximise his VPs, he kept the deal and Jyri got 1 vp and Esku 4 + GW... 0VP for me

Second Round
my prey played gargoyle rush + bleed deck, and back rushed my alonso, which made my game harder, and forced me to backoust also, I got my prey Antti out, and tried to make a deal with my new prey, that lets oust Pasi and then see heads up together, but with lucky draws Pasi managed to oust me, DIs flying around on huge bleed by Samuel ending up bleeding me 5 and next turn I got ousted, and then Pasi had easy time to oust Samuel also to gain his GW.. 1VP for me

Third Round
I had Howler behind me and weeney computer hacking bleeder ahead me, Samuel was my grand prey and some anarch deck I guess was the fifth player. The game started the weeney deck bleeding hugely on Samuel letting him only get one vampire up, and I had to give him pool from Parity shifts, and eventually oust my prey and Samuels prey with anarchist uprising or Ancilla empowerement don't remember which it was. after that it was suprisingly easy to oust both Samuel and the Howler deck.

finals

i was third seed, so I decided to go infront of Tzimiche instead of Sha-Ennu, cause I knew what that was, and then Esku decided to go infront of me, and finaly Lasse decided to sit between me and Esku.

I had really fast start, playing dreams and then 2 Zillahs valleys to get alonso and Mistress Fanchon up

played alastor to get Helicopter on alsonso and also played Signet of King saul, to make my preys and predators life hard. they had at first only big caps and couldn't block Alonso.

The game turned out hard though Sha-ennu did help a little by giving pressure to my predator, but my prey the legionaires had too much pool and didn't get many legionaires up first, but luckily he did not know his loaned deck well enough for me atleast.

Eventually Esku ousted Sha-ennu with Stanislava and we had only four players left, but since both my predator had gotten lower caps in, I was no longer unblockable and didn't draw enough stealth I thought I was in trouble, so I told Esku to go forwards that I will help him oust his second prey, if I get like 1 turn peace after that. Finaly just 14 minutes left in time he ousted Pasi, and that was point when Lasse started to play, getting plenty of legionaires and so on.

Lucky for me, Esku did Parity shift backwards, gaining 3 pool, and allowing me to cast Anarchist uprising to out Lasse, and then I played Ancilla empowerment to lower Eskus pool to 1, and then it was easy enough to anounce bleed for 1, and stealth it through, since I had drawn finaly my stealth cards, by the help of Heart of cheating. When I did my last oust from Esku to gain 3 vps in Finals there was only 1 and about 20 seconds left in clock. So I secured a victory with 3 vps in the final

Decklist below:
Deck Name: Full Shift while you can

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=9 max=11 avg=10.)
==================
3x Gabrielle di Righetti 10 obf pot ANI AUS DOM THA Tremere:5
3x Mistress Fanchon 11 AUS CEL DOM OBF THA VIC Tremere:4
3x Orlando Oriundus 9 obf AUS DOM THA Tremere antitribu:4
3x Alonso Petrodon 10 for tha ANI DOM OBF POT Nosferatu:5

Library: 90 cards

Master (21 cards)
==================
1x Monastery of Shadows
1x Obfuscate
1x Sudden Reversal
8x Villein
1x Wider View
6x Zillah's Valley
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx

Action (5 cards)
==================
3x Magic of the Smith
2x Abactor

Action Modifier (17 cards)
==================
4x Elder Impersonation
1x Enkil Cog
6x Forgotten Labyrinth
6x Into Thin Air

Political Action (24 cards)
==================
1x Anarchist Uprising
1x Ancient Influence
1x Ancilla Empowerment
4x Kine Resources Contested
1x Neonate Breach
8x Parity Shift
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Reins of Power
3x Banishment
3x Alastor

Combat (3 cards)
==================
3x No Trace

Equipment (6 cards)
==================
2x Heart of Nizchetus
3x Helicopter
1x Signet of King Saul, The

Reaction (14 cards)
==================
4x Obedience
2x Second Tradition: Domain
8x Deflection

The deck was too big, and after the tournament I removed 15 cards from it making it 75 card deck.

Baron of Vantaa
Last edit: 23 Jan 2020 15:41 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha, Hakuron, lionel, jaakkon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2019 20:50 #96895 by Nictuku
Nice deck. What did you remove??

More
10 Sep 2019 22:17 #96911 by Lönkka
Congrats.

Archon approved.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds