22 Sep 2019 04:22 - 23 Jan 2020 15:40 #97055 by IfritBR
FALL OF THE SABBAT
Vila Velha - ES - Brazil
Sep 21, 2019
10 players
2R + F

Tiago Honorato de C. Ramos's Tournament Winning Deck with 4 VPs in the Finals

www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9364

Deck Name : Bang bang, my baby shot me down (A.k.a. Anson Guns)
Author : Tiago Honorato de C. Ramos (VEKN: 6040022 - Prince ID: 779)
Description : A classic Anson Guns deck like the others.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 10 average: 6.75
4x Anson 8 CEL PRE aus dom prince Toreador:1
1x Anneke 10 AUS CEL PRE dom justicar Toreador:1
1x Francois Villon 10 AUS CEL PRE chi obf pot prince Toreador:2
1x Marcellus 8 AUS CEL pro prince Toreador:2
1x Black Cat 5 CEL pot pre Brujah:1
1x Volker, The Puppet 5 CEL pot prince Brujah:2
1x Jimmy Dunn 4 CEL POT for Pander:2
1x Victor Tolliver 4 CEL pot !Brujah:2
1x Sarah Brando 3 CEL !Brujah:2

Library [80 cards]

Action [6]
6x Bum's Rush

Action Modifier/Combat [1]
1x Resist Earth's Grasp

Combat [33]
2x Blur
7x Concealed Weapon
1x Fast Hands
7x Infernal Pursuit
6x Psyche!
5x Pursuit
1x Sideslip
4x Taste of Vitae

Equipment [7]
7x .44 Magnum

Event [1]
1x Dragonbound

Master [23]
9x Ashur Tablets
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fame
3x Haven Uncovered
5x Minion Tap
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Sudden Reversal
1x Tension in the Ranks
1x Wider View

Political Action [2]
2x Parity Shift

Reaction [7]
7x Second Tradition: Domain

Finals Seating was following:
Thyelles Yoshitomi (Turbo War Ghouls) -> Fernando Cesar (Harbingers Legionnaires) - > Luiz Bonadiman (Guillaume Power Bleed) -> Gabriel Waichert (!Ventrue Grinder) - > Tiago Honorato de C. Ramos (Anson Guns)

Final Rank - Name - Prelim GWs - Prelim VPs - Final VPs - TPs
1 TIAGO RAMOS 1 3 4 90
2 FERNANDO CESAR 2 8 0 120
2 GABRIEL WAICHERT 0 2 0 72
2 THYELLES YOSHITOMI 1 3 0 84
2 LUIZ BONADIMAN 0 2 1 72
6 LUCAS MELLO 0 1 72
6 GILMAR MENDES 0 1 72
8 HELLEN MALHAME 0 0 54
9 ERIC PROCOPIO 0 0 42
9 LUIZ TOM 0 0 42

Tiago H. C. Ramos
Prince of Grande Vitória - ES - Brazil
:vent::DOM::FOR::PRE::POT::THA::cap10:

Prince ID# 779

VEKN# 6040022

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Jan 2020 15:40 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, fmcpce, Gab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2019 04:29 #97056 by IfritBR
Completely grateful for the presence of all the friends in my first tournament as the new prince of our city.

Tiago H. C. Ramos

Prince ID# 779

VEKN# 6040022

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sydnelson, Kraus, fmcpce

More
22 Sep 2019 20:48 #97066 by Michał
Congratulations to the winner! Could you describe how the final game looked like?

More
22 Sep 2019 23:28 #97069 by IfritBR
Yes Man, Tomorrow...

I just checked in at the hospital to spend the night with my dad, as soon as I get home in the morning I report the final.

Cheers.

Tiago H. C. Ramos

Prince ID# 779

VEKN# 6040022

More
23 Sep 2019 14:24 #97081 by Michał
Thank you and I hope everything will be fine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: IfritBR

More
24 Sep 2019 02:08 - 27 Sep 2019 07:00 #97103 by IfritBR
First, sorry for possible English errors.

Let's go:

The final table of the tournament consisted of the following players and decks (in qualifying order from 1st to 5th):

1 - Fernando César - Harbingers Legionnaires (focused on bleed instead of block)
2 - Tiago Honorato (me) - Anson Guns
3 - Thyelles Yoshitomi - Turbo War Ghoul (weenies with Jake Washington)
4 - Luiz Bonadiman - Guillaume Power Bleed
5 - Gabriel Waichert - !Ventrue Grinder

In the first round I was at a table with Fernando César, so I already knew the potential of his deck - Slaughterhouses really were a problem for me, even with 9x Ashur tablets on the Deck.

In the second round, Bonadiman's Guillaume was my predator, Thyelles (TurboGhouls) was Guillaume's predator, and Gabriel (!Ventrue) was WarGhoul's predator ... I easily eliminated my prey (! Tremere Tollbox) and the Gabriel eliminated both Warghoul and Guillaume, but succumbed to multiple shots from Anson and Cia.

So I already had a SURE vision of what to expect for the final table: Hoping not to have Legionnaires as a predator.

Gabriel (!Ventrue) set his deck on the table, with Guillaume choosing to be his predator. Soon after TurboGhoul chose to be arrested by! Ventrue. Looking at the situation on the table, it was much easier to deal with! Ventrue as a predator than to deal with Guillaume's Block Denial, so I chose to be preyed by !Ventrue and a Warghouls predator.

At that moment Fernando chose to be preyed by Warghoul and to be a predator of Guillaume.

Well, I had the perfect place on the table to set up my setup without any problems.

TurboGhoul was the first to play and I was the last. He started by picking up 2 weenies, with Jake Washington at the table. As soon as I influenced Anson he put a Pentex on him thinking that I would block his attempts to call the fearsome Ghouls ...

This left me helpless until I influenced Marcellus, but I was fortunate not to take any significant bleed.

As soon as it was possible, i rush back and dropped one! Ventrue. At that time TurboGhoul already had a Dragonbound and an Unmasking in play.

My secret at that moment was to keep a LOW PROFILE, and I made a deal with Warghoul: Let Marcellus burn the pentex and I don't block any of his WarGhouls! DONE!!!

By that time, the Ghouls had already toppled the Harbingers and taken out the only Legionnaire in play. Guillaume ran out of predators, but took no direct action against its prey, preferring to set up using advanced Governs.

All the vampires on the table had almost no blood. Mine for using Minion Tap. However came the play that defined my game - In Master Phase I played 1 Haven Uncovered at TurboGhoul's MARTIN FRANCKEL, followed by FAME. But I didn't rush.

I already had a TENSION IN THE RANKS on the table. And on TurboGhoul's turn he tried to call a Mystic Vagabond with the famous MARTIN - I didn't hesitate - BLOCK, knocked down.

Thyelles did not argue against it, as I made it clear that I would not block either of his WARGHOUL. So he made an action to put another Warghoul (paying 3 pool) and I let the action pass.

Still in the same turn he decided to rush the newly taken out of torpor Erlik, and both went to torpor.

Arriving on my turn just needed to bleed 2 with Marcellus and pass. Thyelles died paying 1 of FAME. My First VP in Final - My new prey had 5 of pool. And no vampire at play.

By this time I already had 20+ of pool, my predator (! Ventrue) had 5, Guillaume had about 10.

Fernando asked for help to get Erlik out of torpor, and was done 2 times. In both was knocked down by Anson.

Gabriel (!Ventrue) was at stake breathing for devices, as the blood to pay for deflections and preventions was depleted.

Then he made a mistake: He used an eagle sight to stop my last bleed against the Harbingers. His vampire had Weighted Walking Stick and 1 blood, and Marcellus had only 2 blood ... I maneuvered away and knocked the vampire down.

On Guillaume's turn he eliminated !Ventrue. VP for Bonadiman.

So on my turn I eliminated Fernando's Harbinger - My second VP at the final table.

So I put FAMA on Primo Giovanni. I rushed, knocked him down - 3 from Fame, 1 from Tension. I rescued him from torpor and repeated the step. And so Bonadiman assumed he would have no chance.

3rd VP + my head VP - GW.

The tournament prize was:
- Promos for all players.
- 1 Lord of The Night booster for each finalist.
- 1 Deck 25 years for the champion.
- 1 exclusive Playmat of my principality to the champion.
- 1 exclusive Mug for the champion.
- 1 exclusive Mug + 2 boosters drawn from non-final players.

Well, in short this was the final table. I hope you enjoyed the report. And once again: sorry for possible English errors.

Thank you very much!!!

Tiago H. C. Ramos

Prince ID# 779

VEKN# 6040022

Last edit: 27 Sep 2019 07:00 by IfritBR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michał

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds