question-circle Silly question about randomizing repeated predator-prey relationships

19 Nov 2019 19:55 - 30 Aug 2022 10:10 #97919 by Charles_Bronson
In the tournament rules:

The judge must ensure that exact predator-prey relationships are not duplicated from round to round whenever possible. When this occurs, the judge will randomly and impartially rearrange the seating assignments of all players at the affected table. The judge may, at his or her discretion, reseat players who were assigned to table together during any previous round to different tables (doing so impartially).

Question 1: player A predates player B that predates C in the first round. In the third round, player A predates player B again that now predates player E. Should I randomize?

Question 2: Player A predates B that predates C in the first round. In the third round the same is repeated for all three players. Should I randomize?

Usually the archon randomizes the players with some of them getting the same predators or prey, but never both at same time.

thanks

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 30 Aug 2022 10:10 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2019 20:51 #97921 by kschaefer
Yes. Do you have an example from the seating chart that causes this bad situation to happen? If so, that sounds like a bug we should get fixed in the Archon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds