file Card idea: Filling the power vacuum

16 Sep 2011 04:44 #10286 by Whisker
Here are three version of a same card idea with different flavor for Camarilla, Sabbat and Anarchs. What do you think, are the cards thematically correct and are they balanced with each other and existing cards?

Filling the power vacuum

Picture idea: A punk vampire nailing manifesto to the seat back of an empty throne.
Type: action
Requires a ready anarch with capacity 5 or more. Title

D Choose a vampire with a city title in torpor. If this action is successful put this card on this acting vampire to represent title of baron of the city corresponding to the title held by the chosen vampire.

“While Villoin dreamed the long sleep, Dominic seized the control of his city” -Federico de Padua, Nosferatu archon.

Praxis expansion

Picture idea: Map of Spain with a Roman eagle standard stricken through the city of Madrid.

Type: political action (+1 stealth)
Requires a camarilla vampire

Choose a vampire with title of archbishop or baron. Successful referendum means this acting vampire receives and contests the title of prince corresponding to the title held by the chosen vampire.

“With your help, I will make Madrid a camarilla domain by the end of next year” –Kateline Nadasdy, Toreador.

Bounty of the crusader

Picture idea: a vampire with sword in hand, picking up a crown from fast recomposing remains of another vampire.

Type: combat / action modifier
Requires a sabbat vampire

Only usable when this acting vampire burns a vampire with city title. Not usable by vampire being burned or going in torpor. Put this card on this acting vampire, this card represents a title of archbishop corresponding to the city title held by the vampire being burned. Burn this card if this vampire loses his / her title.

“I killed the old boss, I am the new Boss” – Last words of some unknown Pander

Anarch version: requires a target in torpor, any city title is fair target

Camarilla version: Targets only non camarilla titles, needs to pass referendum, but target can be ready or in torpor.

Sabbat: requires your vampire to be acting and target must actually be burned, but any city title is a valid target.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2011 06:34 #10297 by Ankha

Here are three version of a same card idea with different flavor for Camarilla, Sabbat and Anarchs. What do you think, are the cards thematically correct and are they balanced with each other and existing cards?

They seem thematically correct, balanced and... wallpaper.
Anarch: if I need to become Baron, i'll play a fee stake. If I rely Filling the power vacuum and there's no city title at the table, or if there's one but neither prey or predator, I'll never become Baron.
Camarilla: if I need to become Prince using a vote, I'll play Praxis, rather than starting contesting a title
Sabbat: it's the more playable, quite similar to Political Struggle, but too restrictive again. Extending it to any title would make it too similar to Political Struggle though.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Sep 2011 08:58 #10330 by Whisker
[/quote]They seem thematically correct, balanced and... wallpaper.[/quote]

You are probably right about the power level, but these cards should not be used alone, but to complement other strategies. Both anarch and sabbat version could be sprinkled to combat decks using them as ways to gain some vote defense.
Also note that the anarch version does not have the ‘can be removed with referendum’ part of fee stakes cards, making it more durable in vote heavy environment.
The Camarilla version is perhaps the weakest, but I could imagine it being used in some sort of denial concept. Instead of gaining yourself more titles directly you deny your opponent the use of his/her titles and cards requiring them for some turns, perhaps gaining the title yourself in the end. And while they do contest the title they’ll be burning, that precious vitae.

More
16 Sep 2011 09:54 #10341 by Juggernaut1981
Anarch Usurpers!
Master
Requires a ready Baron.
If an anarch vampire you control with capacity 5 or greater diablerises or burns a vampire with a city title, they may burn 2 blood (after resolving the bloodhunt referendum, if any) to become the Baron of the city of the diablerised vampire.

This seems far more playable for a violent Anarch vote deck.

Our Clan's Rightful Domain
Political Action
Requires a Camarilla vampire.
Choose a vampire controlled by another Methuselah with a city title that has a different clan to the acting vampire. This vampire becomes the Prince of the city of the chosen vampire; this will cause the two vampires to contest.

This seems to be a really good option for Camarilla decks to basically fight over city titles with anyone, including each other.

Only the Strong Rule
Action
Requires a Sabbat vampire above 5.
Choose a vampire controlled by another Methuselah with a city title. Put this card on the chosen vampire. The acting vampire may enter combat with the vampire with this card as a (D) action. Minions blocking the (D) action to enter combat have -1 intercept, unless they have this card. If the vampire with this card is sent to torpor, the vampire that played this card can burn 1 blood to gain the title of Archbishop of the city belonging to the vampire with this card; this can cause the title to be contested.

Yes, it is quite a lot like Political Struggle, but it is also not at the same time and those differences I think will make it much more playable for other Sabbat clans (and maybe even for the Lasombra as well).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Sep 2011 09:56 - 16 Sep 2011 09:56 #10343 by Ankha

They seem thematically correct, balanced and... wallpaper.

You are probably right about the power level, but these cards should not be used alone, but to complement other strategies. Both anarch and sabbat version could be sprinkled to combat decks using them as ways to gain some vote defense.

It concerns only Princes, Archbishops and Barons, which is a minor portion of voters, so it won't help when IC are at the table, or your predator gets Stavros out. *And* they'd better be your prey or predator, unless you're a big fan of crosstable rushing.
They are too conditional for my taste. Hell, there may even be no titled vampire on the table.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Sep 2011 09:56 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds