file Card idea: Introspection

16 Sep 2011 06:59 - 16 Sep 2011 07:05 #10302 by LunaSlave
Since there was a little talk about Master: Archetypes around here lately, I thought I'd contribute. Oh, and in case you're wondering why the action is at +3 stealth? Mostly because it's pretty hard to block someone's soul searching and innermost thoughts, although it is possible to distract them if you try hard enough. The card idea seems flavorful and cool, like Vast Wealth with a twist.

Introspection
Unique Master.
Cost: 2 Pool
Put this card on a ready vampire you control. While you control this vampire, he or she may take a +3 stealth action to search your library, ash heap or hand for a Master: Archetype card. Burn all Master: Archetype cards on this vampire, then place the chosen card on him or her and untap this vampire.

I think it could be exceptionally fun to build a deck around something like this card...I added the untap because doing so pretty much opens up the possibility of a new deck type that fetches archetypes for the appropriate situation at hand. Too crazy?
Last edit: 16 Sep 2011 07:05 by LunaSlave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2011 07:23 #10307 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Card idea: Introspection
funny card, but why the 2 blood cost and why it's unique? it's not too powerfull. IMO it should be free.
For extra background I would make it malkavian/ !malkavian clan card to show they're crazy. Changing archetypes is not something happening to "normal" vampires.
Generally - good idea

More
16 Sep 2011 07:37 #10311 by extrala
Why should I play Introspection when there's Guide and Mentor

Guide and Mentor
Put this card in play. A vampire you control may search your library for a master: archetype and move 1 blood from the bank and that card to himself or her self as a +1 stealth action that costs x pool where X is the number of copies of that card on minions you control (requirements and cost apply as normal).

Yes, the action of Introspection is at +3 stealth, the vampire untaps and you can remove an existing archetype. But still, 2 pool is way too much and the card works only for one vampire whereas Guide and Mentor works for all your vampires ...

More
16 Sep 2011 07:56 #10316 by LunaSlave
YES! I love the idea of making it Malkavian, and cheaper. A different name as well, if we're going the insanity angle. Let's call it Broken Mirror - reflecting both the clan symbol and the shards of the vampire's distorted self-image.

How's this?

Broken Mirror
Master.

Malkavian/Malkavian antitribu

Put this card on a ready Malkavian or Malkavian antritribu you control. While you control this vampire, he or she may take a +3 stealth action to search your library, ash heap or hand for a Master: Archetype card. Burn all Master: Archetype cards on this vampire, then place the chosen card on him or her and untap this vampire.

For some reason I now keep thinking that this should now both cost pool *and* give the vampire superior Dementation... :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds