file Card idea: Stretched Too Thin

16 Sep 2011 07:42 - 16 Sep 2011 07:59 #10312 by LunaSlave
Another idea, inspired by the discussions recently about nerfing additional master phase action decks and by the card Retribution, although this is more direct and to the point than that. Doesn't kill additional MPA dead, but it definitely packs some bite! It's offset somewhat (too much? not enough?) by the crazy amount of bloat that additional MPA can generate.

Stretched Too Thin
Master: Out of Turn.
Only playable when a Methuselah uses 3 or more Master phase actions during his or her turn. That Methuselah loses 3 pool. Only one Stretched Too Thin may be played in a game.

Edited: Accidentally wrote "Methuselah takes 3 unpreventable damage" because I had the card Retribution on the brain even though I meant for this to hit the player, not their minions.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2011 07:59 by LunaSlave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2011 07:43 #10313 by Ankha

Another idea, inspired by the discussions recently about nerfing additional master phase action decks and by the card Retribution, although this is more direct and to the point than that. Doesn't kill additional MPA dead, but it definitely packs some bite! It's offset somewhat (too much? not enough?) by the crazy amount of bloat that additional MPA can generate.

Stretched Too Thin
Master: Out of Turn.
Only playable when a Methuselah uses 3 or more Master phase actions during his or her turn. That Methuselah takes 3 unpreventable damage. Only one Stretched Too Thin may be played in a game.

I don't get the "Methuselah takes 3 unpreventable damage". Lose 3 pool?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Sep 2011 07:58 #10317 by LunaSlave
Yes, sorry, loses 3 pool. For some reason my brain was stuck on the wording of retribution and how it damages vamps, even though this hits the methuselah directly. my bad. I'll edit the original post to reflect that

More
16 Sep 2011 08:00 #10318 by alek
typical anty-something card. Totally unplayable unless playing against very specific decks. Additionally there is no background in mechanic. Effects of cards should not be abstract otherwise we will have feeling of playing poker while we should feel it's game based on gothic-horror

More
16 Sep 2011 08:42 #10326 by Ankha

typical anty-something card. Totally unplayable unless playing against very specific decks. Additionally there is no background in mechanic. Effects of cards should not be abstract otherwise we will have feeling of playing poker while we should feel it's game based on gothic-horror

I fear I must agree. Playing 3 MPA is very cornercase unless you play always against the same player with the same deck in your playgroup. But it won't see play in tournaments i bet, no more than Nosferatu Performance Act.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Sep 2011 08:56 - 16 Sep 2011 08:56 #10329 by Boris The Blade
How about something flatter?

Vanishing Grasp
Event
Inconnu. Whenever a methuselah plays a master card and he has already played another master card this turn, he burns 1 pool.

It scales with the number of MPA actions and also works on trifles so it will likely hurt everyone a bit and speed up tables.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2011 08:56 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds