file Card Ideas for Sabbat vote decks

16 Sep 2011 09:12 #10332 by Mephistopheles
Hi!

I. Name: Rewarding the Crusaders

Political Action
Successful referendum means each Methuselah gains 2 pool for each titled Sabbat vampire with a capacity above 4.

This would help clans like Nosferatu or Brujah antitribu a lot. Also it allows to play discipline based mixed clan decks. Like titled pot, or titled ani decks. This way it would be more useful than Con Boon.

II. Name: Sabbat Overlord

Political Action
Choose a titled Sabbat vampire with capacity above 7. If this referendum is successful put this card on the chosen vampire. That vampire gains an additional vote and +1 bleed. A vampire may have only one Sabbat Overlord.

This would help multi acting clans, like Brujah antitribu or Toreador antitribu.

III. Name: Trapping the Archenemy

Political action
Choose a Camarilla vampire. If the referendum is successful put this card on the chosen vampire. Any Sabbat vampire may enter combat with this vampire. This vampire can not strike to end combat on the first round of combat. Burn this card during this vampires controllers next untap phase.

That's all folks. Feel free to comment!

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2011 12:18 #10355 by Kiddo
Isn't Sabbat Overlord a bit too similar to Sabbat Inquisitor?

More
16 Sep 2011 15:59 - 16 Sep 2011 16:01 #10362 by Boris The Blade
I. Interesting.

II. If I am playing a vote/bleed decks with 8+ caps, they'd better be able to bleed and vote on their own rather than needing more tool-up actions. I don't think it will see much play.

III. Wallpaper: War party is a lot better. No need to get a majority, +1 stealth on the rush, remains in play, wider target choice, wider rusher choice,... Clans that fight can already circumvent Combat Ends.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2011 16:01 by Boris The Blade.

More
16 Sep 2011 21:26 - 16 Sep 2011 22:35 #10373 by Surreal
I: Easy 6-8 pool swing which is too much (compare one per game Political Stranglehold) and even better with voter captivation. Vote decks bloat very much anyway. Also not a fan of pool gaining cards and doesn't feel like sabbat.

II: Too weak and not very interesting.

III: Like the idea. Bruise&vote really fits Sabbat but card needs to be stronger.

My idea:

Trapping the enemy

Political action
Requires a ready titled Sabbat vampire.
Choose a vampire. If the referendum is successful put this card on the chosen vampire. Any vampire may enter combat with this vampire as +1 stealth action. Burn this card if this vampire goes to torpor and his or her controller burns 2 pool plus one extra pool if you control the edge. Any vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.

I think most important question is what kind of sabbat politics should be like? I don't think copying other votes and modifying them little is the right way. I think sabbat vote cards should be about aggression, rewarding your aggression and limiting choices of other players. That fits sabbat thematically and those cards I would like to see. Aggression should be about combat and pool damage by combat. Maybe sabbat votes get stronger when you control the edge thus rewarding aggression.

Some quick ideas:

Political action
Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
Choose a Methuselah. If the referendum is successful remove up to 3 (up to 4 if you control the edge) cards with same name in the target Methuselah's ash heap from the game. Chosen Methuselah burns one pool by each card removed from the game.

Requires a ready titled Sabbat vampire. Only usable if you control the Edge.
Burn your edge to choose a Methuselah. Put this card in play if the referendum is successful. When chosen Methuselah gets the Edge anew you get the edge instead. Move one pool from chosen Methuselah's pool to yours everytime you get the edge and put counter on this card. Burn this card when it has 3 counters. A Methuselah can have only one "this card" in play.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2011 22:35 by Surreal.

More
17 Sep 2011 10:31 #10396 by Joscha

I: Easy 6-8 pool swing which is too much (compare one per game Political Stranglehold) and even better with voter captivation. Vote decks bloat very much anyway. Also not a fan of pool gaining cards and doesn't feel like sabbat.

Should be okay if you can play only one Rewarding the Crusaders per game.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
17 Sep 2011 11:21 #10405 by Boris The Blade

Political action
Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
Choose a Methuselah. If the referendum is successful remove up to 3 (up to 4 if you control the edge) cards with same name in the target Methuselah's ash heap from the game. Chosen Methuselah burns one pool by each card removed from the game.

Wallpaper: too many conditions make it worse than KRC. Remove the "same name" constraint and it's a good card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds