file Card ideas: a baker's dozen of vampires

17 Sep 2011 03:33 #10379 by Disco_Stu
Hi all,

Here are some crypt concepts I’ve been exploring for the ‘non-Kuei-Jin’ sections of the Kindred of the East sets I planned. Over half of the vampires come from Vampire: the Masquerade's sourcebooks, including San Francisco by Night (a V:tM/KOTE crossover book). Because of the source material, there is a mild anarch theme to some of the vampires.

Kazen, Lord of Wind and Fire
Cap: 6
Disciplines: :CEL: :THA: :aus: :qui:
Clan: :assa:
Independent. (Blood Cursed).

Toyotomi
Cap: 5
Disciplines: :QUI: :cel: :obf:
Sabbat. Black Hand. Toyotomi can burn 1 blood when he declares an action to gain +1 strength and -1 stealth for the remainder of that action. The Blood Curse does not affect Toyotomi.

Jalal, Chosen of Sutekh
Disciplines: :SER: :nec: :pot: :pre:
Clan: :fose:
Independent. Once each combat, Jalal may burn a corruption counter on the opposing minion to prevent a point of damage from that minion’s strike.

Mark Sandhurst
Cap: 7
Disciplines: :POT: :SER: :for: :obf: :pre:
Camarilla. Vampires opposing Mark in combat pay an additional blood to Strike: Dodge.

Sarassine :adv:
Cap: 8
Disciplines: :OBF: :PRE: :SER: :cel: :nec:
Group: 2
Camarilla Prince of Sydney. While Sarassine is Camarilla, he has –1 stealth on political actions. :merged: Independent Anarch Baron of Sydney.

Dougal Ingram, Xaviar's Shield
Disciplines: :FOR: :PRO: :ani: :pot:
Clan: :gang:
Independent. Once per turn if Dougal is ready, he may burn a blood to prevent 1 non-aggravated damage to another Independent Gangrel in combat.

Mirko Mirkonnen
Disciplines: :ANI: :FOR: :pro:
Camarilla. If you control a ready Prince, Mirko’s actions to enter combat with a ready minion are at an additional +1 stealth. +1 strength.

Subutai
Disciplines: :ANI: :OBF: :PRO: :vic:
Clan: !gang!
Sabbat. Once each combat, Subutai may burn 1 life from a retainer that he controls to prevent 1 point of damage. +1 bleed.

Black Angel
Disciplines: :OBT: :dai: :obf: :pot:
Clan: :laso:
Sabbat. Black Angel is non-unique and does not contest. Black Angel does not untap as normal during your untap phase. Any vampire with superior Obtenebration may burn 1 blood to untap Black Angel during your master phase. Any Infernal vampire may burn 1 blood to untap Black Angel during your discard phase.

Carlos Griffouliere
Cap: 4
Disciplines: :cel: :obt: :pot:
Sabbat. If you control a ready anarch, Carlos has +1 stealth on actions that require an anarch.

Catherine De Silva
Disciplines: :CHI: :ani: :cel: :for: :obf:
Clan: :ravn:
Independent. Catherine's damage-dealing strikes inflict an additional point of damage on ghouls.

Lokesh
Disciplines: :ani: :aus: :chi: :pre:
Independent. If Lokesh is titled, he may tap and burn 1 blood during a political action to cancel the votes of the acting vampire.

Peter Kwan
Disciplines: :aus: :dom: :pre:
Clan: !vent!
Sabbat. If you control a ready Infernal minion, Peter has +1 bleed and is Infernal.

cheers

Disco Stu
Prince of Melbourne, Australia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2011 04:53 #10380 by Kraus

Kazen, Lord of Earth, Wind and Fire
Disciplines: :CEL: :THA: :MEL: :aus: :qui:

Fixed.

...sorry. :) Had to be done.

Other than that, seems like a happy bunch. G5-6? Or, is there a different grouping for East Kindred only? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I never exactly got to know the East Kindred expansion concept.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
17 Sep 2011 07:43 #10385 by Lech

Hi all,

Here are some crypt concepts I’ve been exploring for the ‘non-Kuei-Jin’ sections of the Kindred of the East sets I planned. Over half of the vampires come from Vampire: the Masquerade's sourcebooks, including San Francisco by Night (a V:tM/KOTE crossover book). Because of the source material, there is a mild anarch theme to some of the vampires.

Kazen, Lord of Wind and Fire
Disciplines: :CEL: :THA: :aus: :qui:

Useless. 6 cap, 2 superiors 2 inferiors AND major disadvantage (blood curse). It's not even sorcerer as those sport :OBF: :QUI: :THA: as in-clan disciplines.

Toyotomi
Disciplines: :QUI: :cel: :obf:
Sabbat. Black Hand. Toyotomi can burn 1 blood when he declares an action to gain +1 strength and -1 stealth for the remainder of that action. The Blood Curse does not affect Toyotomi.

Not that bad, but his special is not worth 1 point. :QUI: is pretty useless discipline. But considering that :assa: already have many bh vampires in g5 ...

Jalal, Chosen of Sutekh
Disciplines: :SER: :nec: :pot: :pre:
Independent. Once each combat, Jalal may burn a corruption counter on the opposing minion to prevent a point of damage from that minion’s strike.

His special is not worth 1.5 point. It's worth 0.5 at most.

Mark Sandhurst
Cap: 7
Disciplines: :POT: :SER: :for: :obf: :pre:
Camarilla. Vampires opposing Mark in combat pay an additional blood to Strike: Dodge.

Another warrior. Again, it's not worth the points, playing sup. typhonic beast is nice but not THAT nice.

Sarassine :adv:
Disciplines: :OBF: :PRE: :SER: :cel: :nec:
Group: 2
Camarilla Prince of Sydney. While Sarassine is Camarilla, he has –1 stealth on political actions. :merged: Independent Anarch Baron of Sydney.

Strong. But merge text is useless, why would anyone choose baron instead of prince ?

Dougal Ingram, Xaviar's Shield
Disciplines: :FOR: :PRO: :ani: :pot:
Independent. Once per turn if Dougal is ready, he may burn a blood to prevent 1 non-aggravated damage to another Independent Gangrel in combat.

Now this is special worth more than 0.5 point. Good vampire.

Mirko Mirkonnen
Disciplines: :ANI: :FOR: :pro:
Camarilla. If you control a ready Prince, Mirko’s actions to enter combat with a ready minion are at an additional +1 stealth. +1 strength.

Ok, another undercosted gangrel. You like the clan or what ?

Subutai
Disciplines: :ANI: :OBF: :PRO: :vic:
Clan: !gang!
Sabbat. Once each combat, Subutai may burn 1 life from a retainer that he controls to prevent 1 point of damage. +1 bleed.

Not good discipline selection, first special is not very strong in his case as he avoid combat. +1 bleed is nice, but there are better vampires.

Black Angel
Disciplines: :OBT: :dai: :obf: :pot:
Sabbat. Black Angel is non-unique and does not contest. Black Angel does not untap as normal during your untap phase. Any vampire with superior Obtenebration may burn 1 blood to untap Black Angel during your master phase. Any Infernal vampire may burn 1 blood to untap Black Angel during your discard phase.

Worthless.

Carlos Griffouliere
Disciplines: :cel: :obt: :pot:
Sabbat. If you control a ready anarch, Carlos has +1 stealth on actions that require an anarch.

Another sucky lasombra, i don't want those printed. Inferior cel is one of most useless disciplines in the game.

Catherine De Silva
Disciplines: :CHI: :ani: :cel: :for: :obf:
Independent. Catherine's damage-dealing strikes inflict an additional point of damage on ghouls.

weak, too few points in disciplines, useless special.

Lokesh
Disciplines: :ani: :aus: :chi: :pre:
Independent. If Lokesh is titled, he may tap and burn 1 blood during a political action to cancel the votes of the acting vampire.

good vampire, his special is awesome. make great anarch baron.

Peter Kwan
Disciplines: :aus: :dom: :pre:
Clan: !vent!
Sabbat. If you control a ready Infernal minion, Peter has +1 bleed and is Infernal.

cheers

Disco Stu
Prince of Melbourne, Australia

Peter is quite nice with kayshomething fragment.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
17 Sep 2011 10:42 #10398 by Disco_Stu
LOL Kraus, that made my night! :)

The Kindred of the East set was originally going to start with Groups 2-3, so these vampires would fit in around them (i.e., G1-3) - I figured a small splash of vamps to the older groupings might open up some interesting options. So, the costings sit closer to Final Nights & Cam Edition than recent sets.

Lech, Kazen was intended as a contemporary of al-Ashrad, so the :aus: was intended to fit in with that. There's quite a bit of Auspex in those early Assamites.

Fair point on the costings for Jalal, he does deserve another discipline point. I did originally give him +1 strength but thought it a bit much.

Sarassine as Baron... well, it fits his back-story, and as I play more anarch decks than prince decks I'd certainly give it a shot. Because the base version was printed so long ago, the merged text is there for people who want to play trickier sorts of decks. Oh, and remember that most Baron titles can be burned as an action, so vamps with inbuilt Baron titles are a little better off than their peers.

Mirko: I find +1 strength on a vamp with :pro: to be rarely undercosted :) Seriously though, this might be due to the grouping (which I forgot to add, my apologies); compare him to his late-90s/early-00s peers and he stacks up pretty well.

Re: the Lasombra, reading your comments on other posts I've gotten the impression you're a purist when it comes to thatg clan. If so, no problem - Black Angel and Carlos are not for you. I certainly agree that Lasombra need more strong, traditionally Sabbat-focused vamps. This is not the right place to find them, however. As an anarch-to-be, I think Carlos will find very good use for the :cel:.

Catherine de Silva is designed as an anarch-ready vampire. Considering the broad discipline spread, you're right, she is undercosted. I could add :dom: and remove :cel:, that'd probably balance it out :)

cheers

Disco Stu.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds