file Card Idea: The Wings of Icarus

18 Sep 2011 09:35 #10439 by Hakuron
If someone already has proposed this kind of idea: sorry, I did not have the time to check all previous articles ... :whistle:

I would like to see something "unique", that allows to gain :flight: regularly (but perhaps temporarily) ... So "The Wings of Icarus" came into my mind:

The Wings of Icarus
Unique Equipment
Cost: 2 pool
Text: Once each turn, the minion with this equipment may burn 1 blood to gain flight until the end of the turn. If the minion with this equipment goes to torpor, burn this equipment.

Yes, allowing a vampire to gain :flight: could be dangerous, but I think making the source of :flight: an unique equipment that has to be paid for to work and that has a "burn option" could balance the risk.

Of course, the game V:tES can easily live on without this card ... it's just an idea! ;)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2011 09:57 #10444 by Brum
I haven't tried to think about the consequences of As the Crow reaching :THA: crypts and others, but thematically:

Since it is Icarus and not Daedalus, you can put a limit on the card's use. Once that limit is reached, the minion has reached too much towards the Sun, the equipment is burned and the Vampire goes to torpor.

Cheers!
Tiago

More
18 Sep 2011 11:46 #10445 by Ankha

Yes, allowing a vampire to gain :flight: could be dangerous, but I think making the source of :flight: an unique equipment that has to be paid for to work and that has a "burn option" could balance the risk.

Even if allies can't burn blood, it would be clearer to write "vampire" instead of minion.

It's like Patagia, but for everyone as an unique equipment. It doesn't seem broken.

Name: Patagia: Flaps Allowing Limited Flight
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Nosferatu
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action.
Put this card on the acting Nosferatu. This vampire gets an optional maneuver each combat. Once each combat, this vampire may burn 1 blood to gain flight [FLIGHT] for the remainder of the round. A vampire may have only 1 Patagia card.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
18 Sep 2011 16:05 #10447 by Joscha

Since it is Icarus and not Daedalus, you can put a limit on the card's use. Once that limit is reached, the minion has reached too much towards the Sun, the equipment is burned and the Vampire goes to torpor.

Nice idea. But you forget that if a vampire gets near to the sun the melting wings are his least problem... I think you don't need that limit as no vampire will use the wings in daylight :) .

Baron of Frankfurt

More
18 Sep 2011 16:15 #10448 by Hakuron

It's like Patagia, but for everyone as an unique equipment. It doesn't seem broken.

Name: Patagia: Flaps Allowing Limited Flight
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Nosferatu
Cost: 1 blood
+1 stealth action.
Put this card on the acting Nosferatu. This vampire gets an optional maneuver each combat. Once each combat, this vampire may burn 1 blood to gain flight [FLIGHT] for the remainder of the round. A vampire may have only 1 Patagia card.

Well, the Wings would be "stronger", because they are not limited to combat, thus giving the "gargoyled" vampire access to cards like "Dive Bomb" or "As the Crow" – for the cost of one blood in a given turn. This should enhance decks based on gargoyles, and could give way to one or two creative ideas, but I still doubt that the Wings would be unbalanced. They rather give you an "edge" in the right situation ... B)

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
18 Sep 2011 16:35 - 18 Sep 2011 16:36 #10450 by Boris The Blade
I don't think there is any broken combo with Flight. It only takes one :for: discipline card to get access to Freak Drive, so why fear giving access to As the Crow?
Last edit: 18 Sep 2011 16:36 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds