file Different methods, same results

18 Sep 2011 18:58 #10460 by direwolf
Referring to a previous topic of mine Conditional Combat Cards I had a card idea:

Relay
1 :blood:
:combat:
Only usable in a combat in which this vampire was attempting a political action. Before range.
:aus: Place this card on another vampire you control. That vampire burns this card during the next referendum for 2 votes.
:AUS: As above, and move the political action with this card. That vampire may play the political action as if from your hand.

(Mael suggested a decent version of the card, see below)
Warning: Spoiler!

The point of the card is that it lets you take another action to call that vote. I envision the artwork to be an image of a guy in a business suit with a number tacked to his jacket holding out a rolled up document to an outstretched hand (with a group of shadowy figures about to pounce!)

Assume that the effects of the card are good. But is that the right way to do it as a combat card?

(I often omitted card costs and restrictions which might balance these cards, so don't go complaining about that! It's about the ideas, the "design team" can balance them!)

What if was an action:

What if it were an action modifier?

What if it were an Ally?

What if it were a retainer?

What if it were an Equipment?

What if it were an Event?

Ok, I could go on, but you get the point. Next time you see an interesting card idea, but not sure that it's the right card type.... try something else. Try everything else. In fact, I dare you to turn my card into a card type I didn't already.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds