file Card idea: Oracle

19 Sep 2011 08:28 - 19 Sep 2011 10:38 #10493 by Migalart
Card idea: Oracle was created by Migalart
First of all my intention is to create a master card that cancels additional master phase actions of other matuselahs to provide weapon against all this AAA/Nana/Cybele decks. By the way I have nothig against that strategies! they are ok! Butas very strong they "deserve" to have anti weapon.

First question is - should this kind of weapon appear or not.
In my opinion yes - so is my proposition

Oracle is just one of plenty possible ideas. Oracle is another wonder from Greek times like Parthenon (which provides with additional master phase action), so it is fine for me.

This card has nothing to do with "bleeding the wine" that cancel master cards.

This is "anti" card so I proposed also additional weak effect in case that there is no need to use its main effect.

Card idea:

Oracle

Unique Master Location
cost 2 pool

Tap during any other matuselahs master phase to cancel his master phase action. Not usable on the first master phase action each turn.

or

You may use your master phase to tap oracle and gain one blood on the choosen ready vampire you control

VEKN Marketing CoDirector
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 10:38 by Migalart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 09:31 #10503 by Boris The Blade
1) Why do you think we need a second Bleeding the vine?

2) The second effect is completely broken. By completely cancelling the phase you can jam your opponent's hand with masters he cannot play.

More
19 Sep 2011 09:42 #10506 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Oracle

Card idea:

Oracle

Unique Master Location
cost 2 pool

You may use your master phase to tap oracle and gain one blood on the choosen ready vampire you control

It's weaker than a regular Hunting Ground. No use.

or

Tap during any other matuselahs master phase to cancel his master phase. Not usable on the first master phase each turn.

For 2 pool? It isn't clear. Could be used combined with Wash, but it doesn't create new strategies.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
19 Sep 2011 09:54 #10514 by Boris The Blade
Didn't you mean:

Tap during any other matuselahs master phase to cancel his master phase action. Not usable on the first master phase action each turn.

That would make it more reasonable, but I still think messing with the number of cards people can play is not a good idea. Better stick with the trusted existing template:

Tap to cancel a non out-of-turn master card played by another methuselah. Not usable on the first master card played each turn.

More
19 Sep 2011 09:56 - 19 Sep 2011 09:57 #10516 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Oracle
Besides, I don't know what an "Oracle" has to do with these effects.

It makes me think of a card that could be interesting:

Name: Oracle
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Unique master. Put this card into play. During your untap phase, you may tap the Oracle and choose a card by name, then look at your prey's hand and reveal the chosen card to gain 2 pool, or lose 1 pool.

But is has nothing to do the the proposed card :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 09:57 by Ankha.

More
19 Sep 2011 10:35 #10524 by Migalart
Replied by Migalart on topic Re: Card idea: Oracle
First of all my intention is to create a master card that cancels additional master phase actions of other matuselahs to provide weapon against all this AAA/Nana/Cybele decks. By the way I have nothig against that strategies! they are ok! Butas very strong they "deserve" to have anti weapon.

First question is - should this kind of weapon appear or not.
In my opinion yes - so is my proposition

Oracle is just one of plenty possible ideas. Oracle is another wonder from Greek times like Parthenon (which provides with additional master phase action), so it is fine for me.

This card has nothing to do with "bleeding the wine" that cancel master cards.

This is "anti" card so I proposed also additional weak effect in case that there is no need to use its main effect.

VEKN Marketing CoDirector

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds