file Card idea: Imprimatur

19 Sep 2011 09:15 #10497 by Disco_Stu
Hi all,

Okay, a different take on getting Sabbat vamps to bruise-vote their way to victory...

Imprimatur
:modifier:
Cost: 2 :blood:
Requires an Archbishop, Cardinal, Priscus or Regent. Unique.
Only usable as an action is announced. If this action is successful, the acting vampire gains this card and untaps. This vampire has +1 strength and an additional vote. Burn this card at the end of your turn.

The Unique-ness means you wouldn't pack your deck with them (it effectively limits itself to one per turn), but they provide a Freak Drive-ish effect with a bonus for titled vamps.

cheers,

Disco Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 09:48 #10509 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Imprimatur
I like it.

I would drop the "unique" aspect to simply state that only 1 can be played each turn.

Name: Imprimatur
Cardtype: Action modifier
Cost: 2 blood
Requires an archbishop, cardinal, priscus or regent. Only usable when the action is announced.
If this action is successful, the acting vampire untaps at the end of the action and gains +1 strength and an additional vote until the end of the turn. Only 1 Imprimatur can be played each turn.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disco_Stu

More
19 Sep 2011 10:41 #10526 by Juggernaut1981
"A minion may only have one Imprimatur" would be my preference. Sure, you can toss them around the place, but you only get to have 1 per minion so you aren't spamming them all down on Beast/Meshenka...etc

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
19 Sep 2011 11:40 #10528 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Card idea: Imprimatur
TWO blood?

I mean.. ye I can see this being helpful in bruise/vote and everything, but I'm pretty sure it's not worth 2 blood. It doesn't even pay itself back with Voter Cap and +1 strength is not really going to suddenly make blockers back out where they would have tried/been able to block otherwise.

Only 1 per turn, I guess, is fine. It provides a (conditional) untap, so I guess a blood cost of 1 is fine. Two blood would make it wallpaper.

More
19 Sep 2011 13:36 #10536 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Imprimatur

TWO blood?

I mean.. ye I can see this being helpful in bruise/vote and everything, but I'm pretty sure it's not worth 2 blood. It doesn't even pay itself back with Voter Cap and +1 strength is not really going to suddenly make blockers back out where they would have tried/been able to block otherwise.

Only 1 per turn, I guess, is fine. It provides a (conditional) untap, so I guess a blood cost of 1 is fine. Two blood would make it wallpaper.

Two blood for a disciplineless untap seems right.
See Truth of a Thousand Lies that IS played. I would play it for 2 blood.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
19 Sep 2011 14:33 #10544 by Boris The Blade
But you have to pay for this one when the action is declared. If it is blocked, that's 2 wasted blood. It does not require a discipline but a large title instead.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds