file Card idea: Gruesome Discovery

19 Sep 2011 09:30 #10501 by Disco_Stu
Gruesome Discovery
[Master]
Master. Trifle.
Choose a Methuselah with a minion in their ash heap. Remove that minion from the game to tap a minion that they control. That Methuselah may cancel this card by burning 1 pool :pool:.

The picture would be of the police or media turning up to find body parts in the rubbish bins, a body in the boot of the car, a suspicious patch of freshly-turned soil in the yard, etc.

It's potentially a much cheaper Misdirection (trifle, no cost), for the trade-off of being more conditional (it has a requirement to meet) and inbuilt cancel tech. To prevent it from being abused with Anthelios, the minion is removed from the game.

I'd imagine it may see slightly more use in bruise-bleed decks, where they stomp on a chump blocker in one turn (Procurers, a grappled Carlton, etc) and then want to Computer Hack past the remaining chump blockers the following turn. It also ties in nicely with Trochomancy/Slaughterhouse tech, as well as potentially hurting decks that use the ash heap as a resource (Shamblers).

cheers
Disco Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 09:42 - 19 Sep 2011 09:59 #10507 by Boris The Blade
The condition is probably to hard to meet to make it playable. Great against Shamblings, but apart from that minions in the ash heap are a rare event that depends too much on your prey's deck.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 09:59 by Boris The Blade.

More
19 Sep 2011 09:52 #10512 by Disco_Stu
Hi Boris,

Fair point, I might be designing for my metagame a little here. Note that, as written, you can target any Methuselah - so, you can tap a predator's minion to get a key blocker off your back, or even do a deal with your cross-table buddy if you promise to give him a pool from your next vote :)

cheers
Disco Stu

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds