file Card Idea: Path of Blight

19 Sep 2011 19:11 - 20 Sep 2011 07:33 #10564 by Louhi
Having a soft spot for the Samedi, it always bothered me that thanatosis is one of the few unique disciplines to not have a way to reduce its cost. Neither does the path of bone work for the samedi despite their supposed proficiency in necromancy (the same can be said for the harbingers of skulls).

The first idea would be to introduce a regular path for thanatosis, worded and working just like any other path.

My other idea would be a card that would address the fact that the Samedi are skilled necromancers while still affecting thanatosis.

Path of Blight

Master
During your untap, put one counter on this card for each Samedi you control, not exceeding the number of Samedi you control. The counters on this card may be used to pay some or all of a Samedi you controls blood cost to play cards that require thanatosis or necromancy. Any minion may burn this card as a (d) action; if that minion is a vampire, he or she takes 1 unpreventable damage when this card is burned.

Is this card needed and balanced? Would it open up for new decks or merely improve current working concepts (i.e mainly just be used for cheaper/longer reanimated corpses)? Also the name is very much a placeholder and has no connection to any existing lore.

Edited version after your input but I omitted the reduction for Samedi cards since as it is no such cards exists, but could be a trouble in the future:

Path of Blight

Master
During your untap, put one counter on this card for each Samedi you control. During your predator's discard phase, burn the counters on this card. Any Samedi you control may pay for the blood costs of cards requiring :thn: or :nec: using counters from this card. Any minion may burn this card as a (d) action; if that minion is a vampire, he or she takes 1 unpreventable damage when this card is burned.

Lidingö Scourge
Last edit: 20 Sep 2011 07:33 by Louhi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 22:55 #10573 by Juggernaut1981
I actually really like this card.
The only change I'd consider making would be to remove the starting sentence and add in "Burn the counters on this card in your Predator's discard phase."

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
20 Sep 2011 00:02 #10575 by Count Orlok
Great idea. It's just what the Samedi need!

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:

More
20 Sep 2011 02:14 #10577 by Juggernaut1981
Path of Blight
Master
During your untap, put one counter on this card for each Samedi you control. During your predator's discard phase, burn the counters on this card. Any Samedi you control may pay for the blood costs of cards requiring Samedi, :nec: or :thn:. Any minion may take a (D) action to burn this card; if they do so they suffer 1 unpreventable damage.

More
20 Sep 2011 07:18 #10582 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card Idea: Path of Blight

Path of Blight
Master
During your untap, put one counter on this card for each Samedi you control. During your predator's discard phase, burn the counters on this card. Any Samedi you control may pay for the blood costs of cards requiring Samedi, :nec: or :thn:. Any minion may take a (D) action to burn this card; if they do so they suffer 1 unpreventable damage.

"Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action; if that minion is a vampire, he or she takes 1 unpreventable damage when this card is burned." is the correct wording.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
21 Sep 2011 06:10 #10668 by Juggernaut1981
[img size=300]https://7014330367969587453-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/juggernaut1981svtesdownloads/home/vtes-card-creations/library-cards/Path of Blight.jpg[/img]

The following user(s) said Thank You: Louhi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds