file Card idea: The Plague (Vampire)

20 Sep 2011 08:05 #10588 by Ankha

Name: The Plague
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Nosferatu antitribu
Capacity: 3
Discipline: obf
Sabbat: The Plague may put a plague counter on a younger vampire as a (D) action. If The Plague is ready, each Methuselah burns 1 pool during his or her untap phase for each ready vampire he or she controls with at least 1 plague counter.

This brings a new oust option. Plague your ennemies, and try to keep this vampire ready. He's not strong (though I would play disciplines on him to make it more resilient and be able to plague more vampires). He could be guarded by fighter-type !Nosferatu.
I didn't look in which group he should go (I guess 5 or 6), I leave that to others.

Thoughts?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2011 09:07 - 20 Sep 2011 09:08 #10593 by technobabble66
Basically i like the idea - novel pool damage, less likely to be rapidly exploited; similar but effective twist to Vampiric disease, which i kinda like ;-)

Maybe make it just a Master: Location, or general Master card that sits in play.
Putting that text on a minion card means u get the effect of the text plus a minion. All for 3 pool, and the text enters play in a relatively unstoppable manner.

Putting the text on a master card means u can still get the effect of the text without getting an extra minion to play with, and it can potentially be stopped by the regular anti-master tech. Also, once the master card is "attacked"/burnt, it is gone; rather than being in torpor to be rescued & be back into play.

Eg:
Cardtype: Master: Location, Unique
Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
Choose a minion. Place a Plague counter on this minion. This minion may put a plague counter on a younger vampire as a (D) action. If The Plague is in play, each Methuselah burns 1 pool during his or her untap phase for each ready vampire he or she controls with at least 1 plague counter. Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action.

I originally had the card cost 1 pool, but then altered the text to include the distributing minion also have a Plague counter, so the overall effect has an ongoing cost of 1 pool to the deploying Meth (kinda like Watchtower: The Wolves Feed.
The Location bit was just to add vulnerability to all the location burn/steal text. May not b a good idea...

Whatcha think? (ankha?)
Last edit: 20 Sep 2011 09:08 by technobabble66.

More
20 Sep 2011 10:41 - 20 Sep 2011 10:42 #10610 by Ankha

Basically i like the idea - novel pool damage, less likely to be rapidly exploited; similar but effective twist to Vampiric disease, which i kinda like ;-)

Thanks.

Maybe make it just a Master: Location, or general Master card that sits in play.
Putting that text on a minion card means u get the effect of the text plus a minion. All for 3 pool, and the text enters play in a relatively unstoppable manner.

Putting the text on a master card means u can still get the effect of the text without getting an extra minion to play with, and it can potentially be stopped by the regular anti-master tech. Also, once the master card is "attacked"/burnt, it is gone; rather than being in torpor to be rescued & be back into play.

Eg:
Cardtype: Master: Location, Unique
Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
Choose a minion. Place a Plague counter on this minion. This minion may put a plague counter on a younger vampire as a (D) action. If The Plague is in play, each Methuselah burns 1 pool during his or her untap phase for each ready vampire he or she controls with at least 1 plague counter. Any minion may burn this card as a (D) action.

I originally had the card cost 1 pool, but then altered the text to include the distributing minion also have a Plague counter, so the overall effect has an ongoing cost of 1 pool to the deploying Meth (kinda like Watchtower: The Wolves Feed.
The Location bit was just to add vulnerability to all the location burn/steal text. May not b a good idea...

Whatcha think? (ankha?)

The capacity requirement of the targets drops off as soon as you use a master card than a minion. By putting the text on a minion, you are sure there will be less abuse of the card.
Besides, if the card is burned, you can play another plague from your hand next turn, and this is also quite unstoppable (only Sudden or Wash can stop it). A minion in torpor is a more controllable thing.
As a minion, it will always start a 3-cap with one discipline at inferior that can be blocked or rushed. I think is more balanced than allowing Enkidu to distribute plague counters.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 20 Sep 2011 10:42 by Ankha.

More
20 Sep 2011 11:26 #10614 by technobabble66
"As a minion, it will always start a 3-cap with one discipline at inferior that can be blocked or rushed. I think is more balanced than allowing Enkidu to distribute plague counters."

I can see what u mean, but i think i'd rather Enkidu do this than smash my prime vamp. Also, i'd like to see his controller bleed 1 pool each turn to do so. it also then takes 2 turns to make a single targeted Meth lose more pool than the one playing it

Also, while the master card can be redeployed, the rescue of the captioned minion can also be performed relatively easily if the rescuer can play stealth.

I honestly dont kno which would be stronger/weaker in real play - i can see pros & cons w both. I would note that if it's a minion w the text, it means that combat decks are required to take it down, whereas anyone w stealth or a swarm could remove the Master card. While i prefer the angles the Master card offers, i think in light of this the minion option may be better as it gives a minor benefit to playing a combat deck if there's a risk someone could be utilising this minion/text in the metagame. And i'm always a big fan of improving the status of combat decks!!

More
21 Sep 2011 03:49 #10658 by direwolf
Honestly, what I like about this idea the most is that you are taking the concept of a "star player" type deck and flipping it upside down. You bring up bigger vampires to protect a smaller vampire, and deploy resources and master phase actions to boost his survivability.

On top of that, I think he should be Red List. Ok, maybe that's going to far, but a vampire like that would probably make the red list eventually.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
21 Sep 2011 06:30 #10673 by Juggernaut1981
There should be a way to remove the plague counters. I'd suggest something like:

"A minion with a Plague counter may choose not to untap and burn 1 blood to remove their Plague counter."

or

"If The Plague is not controlled, burn all Plague counters."

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds