file Card ideas: 3 cards for Inquisitors

20 Sep 2011 08:54 #10591 by Disco_Stu
Hi all,

So, there appears to be some growing interest in adding more Inquisitor-related cards in any upcoming Sabbat-themed set. Here's a quick go at seeing where we could go with that...

Cleanse the Stain
:action:
Requires a ready Inquisitor. +1 stealth action.
(d) Burn 2 blood from a younger vampire controlled by another Methuselah.
If that vampire is Bahari, burn an additional blood.
If that vampire is Infernal, this Inquisitor untaps at the end of the action.

Purifying Fire
:political:
Requires a ready Inquisitor.
Choose a location controlled by another Methuselah. If this referendum is successful, burn the location.
If the location required a non-Sabbat vampire, this Inquisitor gains X blood, where X was the cost of the location.

Pyre
:modifier:
Requires an Inquisitor. Only usable after a successful bleed action.
Burn the top card of the opposing Methuselah’s crypt. If the burned card was an Infernal vampire, burn an additional card from the top of that Methuselah’s crypt.

cheers
Disco Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2011 09:22 #10598 by technobabble66
Cleanse the Stain & Purifying Fire = great ideas & useful/worthy cards to play

Something that penalizes Bahari is long overdue to reduce the auto-include of Lilith's Blessing in many decks

Purifying Fire may b a touch strong, tho it depends on the availability of an Inquisitor title (currently hard, which balances the text u have, i guess)

Pyre is perhaps heading in a good direction, but i can't see it being played - too unlikely to be of benefit as it's too situational. Maybe add something like: "If the revealed vampire is older/younger the opposing Meth burns an additional pool."
So all the original text stays, if the crypt card is older the Meth burns 1 more pool. If the crypt card is infernal, the next crypt card is revealed. If it is also older, the Meth burns a 2nd pool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disco_Stu

More
25 Sep 2011 06:24 #10924 by Disco_Stu
Hey technobabble,

Thanks for the comments. Pyre probably comes about from my unexplained love of Innocent Bystander... i have a bunch of copies of that card in my collection, and still intend to eventually make a Yong-Sun/!Ventrue mash-up one day :)

cheers
Disco Stu

More
25 Sep 2011 06:44 #10926 by Joscha

Cleanse the Stain
:action:
Requires a ready Inquisitor. +1 stealth action.
(d) Burn 2 blood from a younger vampire controlled by another Methuselah.
If that vampire is Bahari, burn an additional blood.
If that vampire is Infernal, this Inquisitor untaps at the end of the action.

Burning blood from a vampire isn't that strong. Given the requirements of being an Inquisitor, have to be older and only vampires as target (not minions) this card is very conditional indeed and because of that rather weak. What about letting the card make damage? That could lead to torporized minons, which would be stronger.

Purifying Fire
:political:
Requires a ready Inquisitor.
Choose a location controlled by another Methuselah. If this referendum is successful, burn the location.
If the location required a non-Sabbat vampire, this Inquisitor gains X blood, where X was the cost of the location.

Why not playing Disputed Territory and just steal the location for your own? You don't need the Inquisitor title and can use it instead of gaining 1 or 2 blood.

Pyre
:modifier:
Requires an Inquisitor. Only usable after a successful bleed action.
Burn the top card of the opposing Methuselah’s crypt. If the burned card was an Infernal vampire, burn an additional card from the top of that Methuselah’s crypt.

What do you gain by burning crypt cards? If you don't play nec I don't see any benefits of playing this card. So why adding it?

Baron of Frankfurt

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds