file Card ideas: Research Area-themed cards

20 Sep 2011 09:13 #10595 by Disco_Stu
Hey again,

So, an attempt to put together some Research Area-related cards. I figured I'd try to use the area as a resource for new sorts of effects, rather than simply as a card storage mechanism.

Desperate Times
:master:
Master. Trifle.
Only usable if you have less than 6 pool. Gain 1 pool. Each Methuselah may burn a card in their research area to gain 1 pool.

Desperate Measures
:action:
Cost: 1 :blood:
Requires a ready vampire.
Move X cards at random from your hand to your research area to move X blood to this vampire from the blood bank.
Cards moved in this way are not replaced until your discard phase.
(okay, so it's a bloody long first sentence...)

Hit the Books
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready anarch.
:aus: and/or :nec: and/or :tha:
Burn a card in your research area to gain +2 hand size for the remainder of the turn.
If using :aus:, this vampire untaps at the end of the action.
If using :nec:, you may target a card in another Methuselah’s research area instead (this becomes a (d) action).
If using :tha:, this vampire gains 1 blood if the action is successful.

cheers
Disco Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2011 10:33 #10609 by Ankha

Hey again,

So, an attempt to put together some Research Area-related cards. I figured I'd try to use the area as a resource for new sorts of effects, rather than simply as a card storage mechanism.

Great idea!

Desperate Times
:master:
Master. Trifle.
Only usable if you have less than 6 pool. Gain 1 pool. Each Methuselah may burn a card in their research area to gain 1 pool.

Seems ok.

Desperate Measures
Cost: 1 :blood:
Requires a ready vampire.
Move X cards at random from your hand to your research area to move X blood to this vampire from the blood bank.
Cards moved in this way are not replaced until your discard phase.

Seems too strong. You can get rid of X cards that jam your hand and gain X blood at the same time?

Hit the Books
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready anarch.
:aus: and/or :nec: and/or :tha:
Burn a card in your research area to gain +2 hand size for the remainder of the turn.
If using :aus:, this vampire untaps at the end of the action.
If using :nec:, you may target a card in another Methuselah’s research area instead (this becomes a (d) action).
If using :tha:, this vampire gains 1 blood if the action is successful.

Nice and balanced.

They all require that the Research Area regular use be strengthened first, though.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disco_Stu

More
21 Sep 2011 08:04 - 21 Sep 2011 10:10 #10678 by Baaliprimogen
i like your cards Stu. Here are some more to go!
I got some Research Area cards:

Art Deco
Malkavian Antitribu
cap 5
:aus: :obf: :DEM:
Sabbat. Art Deco may play any :dem: dementation card from your research area as it was from your hand.

Art of War
Master
But any number of combat cards from your hand to your research area. Or discard this card as an out-of-turn master card during combat. In that combat, your vampire may play any combat card (requierments must be meet) from your research area.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:
Last edit: 21 Sep 2011 10:10 by Baaliprimogen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disco_Stu

More
25 Sep 2011 06:10 #10922 by Disco_Stu
Hi Baaliprimogen,

I like your idea of playing cards from the research area; it's a great method to effectively expand your hand for certain key strategies. I could imagine that there would be some nice combos for certain clans or sects - perhaps a minion who can move certain cards to your research area as an action (political actions for Ventrue, for example, or combat cards for Brujah) with other cards allowing you to then use the research area during a certain phase or action.

I think one advantage of doing it this way is that it could be used to play up a more scholarly angle to certain clans - I can imagine a Tremere, Kiasyd or Brujah elder could have some sort of research area-related special text, but we probably shouldn't think about adding one for the Blood Brothers :)

cheers
Disco Stu

More
25 Sep 2011 09:35 #10935 by Baaliprimogen
Thanks. Yeah I agree. I would defiantly be some nice ways to do it. A card like this would maybe appropriate.

Brujah Iconoclast
Unique Master
Requires: :bruj: above cap 6
Put this card on a Brujah you controll. Once each turn this Brujah may use a card from your research area, as it was from your hand.

Something like that?

More
28 Sep 2011 09:13 #11080 by Baaliprimogen
After looking in the V20 book i got inspired. How about this card.

Scientist
Type: Master
Master: archetype.
Put this card on a vampire you control. Once per turn, when this vampire sucessfully performs an action and no reaction cards are played, he or she can put an action card from your library to your research area (shuffle afterwards) after action is resolved. A vampire can have only one archetype.

Maybe overpowered. But something like this would be fun.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds